Ratings for Dr. Adewale Akinlosotu

I just saw him a few weeks ago through the outpatient program at hotel dies crisis centre as a one time assessment and first of all I wasn't suppose to have him, is was supposed to be Dr. Montleone. Who I wish I did had because Dr. Adewale Akinlosotu is a narcissistic jerk who has no right being a phychaitrist in my opinion. He saw me for what 10- 15 minutes and and thought he knew everything. This unfortunately is our mental health system and its sad, especially letting morons like this doctor practice.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2017

My husband is under Dr Akinlosotu and I am not satisfied at all regarding his treatment. My husband is paranoid schizophrenic and bipolar and he needs help dramatically. Nobody takes him seriously. This really sucks

flag | Submitted May 1, 2017

Absolutely the worst!!!! Took my daughter to see him at Windsor Regional Hospital after months to years of depression which has led to several suicide attempts with well thought out plans, only to wait 11 hours to be ready to commit suicide myself. To say the least Windsor Regional must be desperate and should be ashamed to let such a doctor practise for them as this does affect their reputation. He told my daughter she will get over it everyone has these feelings. I'm sorry NO not everyone has a plan to kill themselves. My daughter is a student living in Windsor. Canada is free health care no matter where you live. So if I have a heart attack in Toronto should I go home to my own community which is 4 hours away to seek health care? To top it off he said she should seek health care in her own community. Oh I'm sorry please let me tell my mind to hold those thoughts of suicide for a couple months till exams and my studies are done, so I can go kill myself in my own community...... His closing line was "Are we finished here, so I can go see my next patient" Those words are forever burned into my mind. Do those patients a favour and send them away before you assess them and only do more damage then good.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2017

Terrible experience! He is in the wrong profession. I brought a family member to emerge after an attempt suicide. We sat there for 11 hours waiting to see him. He saw us for 7 minutes and told us to seek help in our own community because he had a line up of others to see. His career is to be compassionate and in the least, give us options as to whom else to contact or what a step to recovery should look like. People put their lives in the hands of doctors, the least he could do is be professional.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2017

I have been seeing this doctor for 4 years and on the same meds. he doesn't take my symptoms seriously. He down plays them as someone who is in need of understanding he gets a failing grade.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2017

He was grt........................................!!!

flag | Submitted December 15, 2016

Terrible Dr. Took my son to Emerg twice because he was suicidal. on the second visit my son was seen by Akinlosotu, he prescribed effexor and told him oh your just depressed like your Mom it's probably genetics, asked if he could be happy for a month until he sees him at his office. On my son's first office visit he was still feeling suicidal and this Dr. told him straight up " I only help people that want to live" Say what? Are you kidding me right now ? He seen him for all of 5 minutes and upped the dose and said see you in a month. I had been monitoring my son and wrote things down I had seen with him and said give to the Dr. he asked to keep it. I thought good he is going to help him.......... Sadly I was wrong. The office phoned a week before his second appt. and changed it to a week later. Then phoned a few days after the appt. date they changed and asked why he missed his appt. When he said the office changed it to such and such a date. They said they have no record of this and only his wife makes appt's so she will have to phone you. They didn't phone. My son phoned repeatedly during the hours they answer phones and got the machine he asked them to phone him so he could get his appt. NO RETURN calls. Meanwhile he has been out of meds for a few weeks. I phoned and talked to a machine and left a not so nice message and told them if my son does not hear from them within 48 hours I would be filing a complaint with the medical board. They phoned the next morning and set up an appt. I wrote down everything I observed with my son and some questions I had. The Dr. told my son "Your mom has to stop writing things down for me your an adult" He refused to look at it. My son might be an adult but he is mentally unstable and who would know better how he is doing then a person that spends everyday with him. I have a daughter with Bipolar, severe anxiety and PTSD her Dr. is thankful if I write things down to let him know how she is.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2016

He has saved my life. He always has time for my problems. Wish I met him 25years ago.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2016

single handely, the worst psychiatrist I have ever had the misfortune to visit. When told that my panic attacks were getting worse instead of better, despite the 2 anti-depressants he prescribed, he then proceeded to tell me to "get some fresh air". If fresh air helped buddy...you'd be out of a job.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2015

My 16 year old was referred to this doctor by his current Psychiatrist as he is getting older and needs to change doctors. After we waited for an hour he took my son in without me, spent an hour with him and then told me, in front of my son, that he was "too complicated" for this doctor. And that was it. He had no further suggestions, no referral - just that he would send a letter to the referring Psychiatrist.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015