Dr. Karen Splinter

5 1 4.1

You may also like

Rate Dr. Karen Splinter

Dr. Karen Splinter's Ratings

I don't know what some people expect. The staff at Dr Splinters office do a great job and keep things running smoothly. They are always very on top of things. They are very busy. I waited for 7 months to see Dr Splinter and I live in Sudbury and it was worth it. It's not the staffs fault if there are no spaces available.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2806338].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 13, 2015

I lived in Sudbury for 50 years of my life and to be near my grandchild I moved just 1 1/2 hours away 5 years ago. The receptionist would not even speak to Dr Splinter about seeing me even though there are no female gynecologists where I live. It was very discouraging. I am willing to wait the 9 mths to a yr to see her as the next closest female OBGYN to me has a 5 year wait list. I guess I will have to travel to Toronto or Ottawa. So much for Northern Ontario service. If there was a field for Compassion I would have rated the reception as terrible as well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2804871].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 12, 2015

I absolutely LOVE Dr. Splinter and her staff. I am currently pregnant with my first, and was quite overwhelmed in the beginning, but the second I met Dr. Splinter I felt 1000 times more at ease about everything. She is personable, intelligent, open, hilarious and very easy to talk to. I never feel like I'm being rushed out of the door, she answers all of my questions thoroughly and makes me feel more than comfortable. Her sense of humour is exactly what I needed to get me through the most exciting, yet terrifying, time of my life. And I think her receptionist is lovely. She is a busy lady, but if you are friendly to her, she will absolutely be friendly back. I actually look forward to seeing her at my appointments.
I can only hope and cross every single one of my fingers and toes that Dr. Splinter is the one to deliver my baby... I will need her sense of humour and easy going personality.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2753058].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 20, 2015

I went in to be induced and have my baby in the hospital and she was the one on call that day. She was not my regular dr but after having her that day i will definitely be trying to get her for the next baby i have. She was so nice and gentle. Was very open to what "i" wanted. Amazjng Dr.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2726547].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 18, 2015

I can't find a negative thing to say about this woman. She is a great doctor, surgeon, and a very kind and caring person. She is very knowledgeable, professional and approachable and gives you all the time you need. I've never felt rushed as we so often do these days with other doctors.
I also agree with some of the other comments about her receptionist. Facing the possibility of a very serious life-threatenening diagnosis, I was thoroughly put off by how cold the receptionist was at times. Despite the negative dealings with this receptionist, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this dooctor to anyone. I've seen many other OB/GYNs and other health care professionals, and she is by far the best.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2657469].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 18, 2014

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2492602].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 11, 2014

I have nothing but good things to say about everyone I dealt with in this office. I moved to Canada from Australia at 20 weeks pregnant and was quickly taken on board. From the moment I met Dr Splinter I was made to feel comfortable and had all my questioned answered and my preferences met. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend this doctor at all very happy. Thank you Karen and staff :)

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2472053].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 22, 2014

I have to say Dr. Splinter is a wonderful doctor. She has helped me through some difficult fertility issues and I feel somewhat at ease after speaking with her. Her receptionist is not so wonderful. She spoke with me like I was lying when after numerous miscarriages and fertility issues Dr. Splinter herself said to make an appointment right away after a positive pregnancy test. I tried to explain this to her and she all but ignored and nearly hung up on me and scheduled me more than a month away. I understand OBGYNs are in demand but you should really take more care in the way your support staff treat people.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][42397].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 18, 2014

Very happy with the care I received from Dr. Splinter before, during, and after my pregnancy. This woman is a real person, she is warm, caring, understanding, down to earth, and level-headed. Her care is thorough and 100% tailored to your wishes. She listens and does her best to let you make your own medical choices. She is the best. I have worked with several OBGYNs as a nurse and she is THE best. I had quite the rough pregnancy, had complications from a pre-existing heart condition and she handled everything calmly, confidently, and with grace. Any patient of hers is in great and very capable hands. Her receptionist, on the other hand, is not so qualified. If you're going into her office for an appointment, bring your patience up to the front desk with you, you'll need it.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][42396].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 16, 2013

Dr. Splinter is AMAZING! She makes you feel very comfortable, and takes the time to answer all of your questions. Other people have complained about her receptionist, I have to say that I've always had a great experience with her receptionist, she always acknowledges me right away and is very polite.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][42395].votes_count ]]