Ratings for Dr. Mimi Chen

DR. CHEN IS THE BEST DOCTOR SHE HAS WONDERFUL BEDSIDE MANNORS IS DOWN TO EARTH I HAVE KNOWN HER FOR 11 YEARS AND WOULD NOT EVEN THINK TO GO ELSE WHERE. I HAVE HAS 2 BABIES WITH HER AND BOTH TIMES I HAD A GREAT EXPERIENCE NO ISSUES EVER. THE STAFF IS REALLY GREAT THE GO ABOVE AND BEYOND FOR THE PATIENTS AND THEN SOME IF YOU WANT GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE YOU MUST GO SEE DR CHEN AND HER GIRLS I PROMISE YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPOINTED.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2013

I loved having her as my doctor. I saw some people on here complaining about her making them get epidurals. I think she just wants you to be open to the idea incase you change your mind. I was against the epidural but wanted the option at the time. I ended up choosing to get the epidural and good thing i did because after hours of pushing we did an ultrasound to find my child had wiggled her arm in the way. I had a c-section, and i was glad i didnt have to lean over in all that pain and fear to get a spinal. I did see people on here saying she is cut happy. I did have a c-section also but at least my scar looks good. I was up walking the next day after my c-section. the girl next door in the hospital was lying in bed crying and couldnt even get up. I dont know if it was my doctor or super body strength but im sure it had something to do with her. She made me feel more comfortable than any other OB i have ever had. She laughs and seems to really care about your comfort.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2011

I had go to Dr. Chen for a very short time. I was in early menopause and she was very unhelpful. I saw her on a commercial for Mt. Clemens General and was shocked. I thought she was terrible when I saw her. She had little knowledge on many questions I asked and was trying to push Hormone Therapy on me and she had no knowledge what was in those drugs. I later found out and today I am thankful I did not take them and switched. She was always in hurry too and was not into taking time to talk. I would not recommend her.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2011

Wonderful Doctor and nice staff! Would want my next child delivered by her but we moved =(

flag | Submitted June 28, 2011

She has no idea what a natural birth is, and she cares nothing for your bonding time with your newborn. All she cares about is making YOUR birth her way on HER time. She also knows very little about breastfeeding, she acted as if it were not important. I think I will aim for a Midwife of some sort with my next child as they are compassionate and truly care about whats good for mom and baby.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2011

I laughed when I saw the first rating here a while back because I really liked Dr. Chen, that is until I had my baby. She def prefers to do c-sections unless you can spit a baby out like its nothing. God forbid if you have long labors because she really does not like those. Her and her u/s tech also said my baby was gonna be much bigger than it turned out to be. As for what a previous rating said about the u/s, the doctor is the one who makes the call to induce because of size, she also knows how to read an u/s scan. Glad a couple of you have had a good experience but for some reason it seems when you have a bad experience with her its a really bad one.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2010

Dr.Chen is one of the best OB's I have been too. My labor was great and she never pushed anything on me and was so caring and understanding during my whole pregency and labor. I would never change docters.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2010

I totally disagree with the person who thinks Dr. Chen cuts everyone, obviously you have no idea what you are talking about. I would love to know where you got that information from because a lot of my friends and family members see her and she delivered their children and one of mine. The only reason one had a c/s was because it was twins and one baby was stuck. A doctor cannot make you have an induction so I doubt you know what your talking about. Everyone can say the words NO thanks. Unless she truly thinks there is something wrong with the baby's welfare or the mothers I highly doubt she likes to do a major surgery on a person (partly because of the fact people are sue happy and I don't think she needs practice) ALSO, If I did need surgery I totally would want her to do it since you say she loves to cut and she is good at it- I would want a great surgeon! Lastly, if the baby was only 6 pounds common sense would tell me the ultrasound tech had the weight wrong NOT THE DOCTOR!!!

flag | Submitted January 3, 2010

I love Dr. Chen. She is very down to earth and caring. I do have to somewhat agree with the prior reviewer - she's very clinical. What I mean is that she assumes you'll have an epidural and that you're ok with getting induced. She doesn't ask what YOU want. I was scheduled for an induction 1 week before my due date. I ended up going into labor on my own before that so that was good for me. She did, however, still put me on pitocin in the hospital (my water had broke and contractions weren't strong yet), and assumed I was getting an epidural. I did get the epidural and in the end I had a positive outcome and experience, but I can also see how it could go the other way as well. For routine obgyn visits she's great. She's very gentle and super nice and makes you feel very comfortable. Her office staff is also very nice.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2009

She is one of the best doctors I have ever been to. She listens and she cares. I have been going to her for 12 years and and will for as long as she is in practice.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2009

Dr. Mimi Chen's Credentials

• University Of New England, College Of Osteo Medicine (Grad. 1990)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal