Ratings for Dr. Julian Hughes

No personality and did not appreciate me asking questions. He was not interested in my awareness to my body. Not at any stage did he discuss my diet, nor did he test my body for levels of cortisol, vitamins, hormones, alkaline. Nor did he ask why I was seeing him. Psychiatry only medicated the symptom not the cause. Waste of time and money. "Private" psychiatry that works in public sector.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2017

Always a bit late. Does cancel sometimes. Hard to get an appointment without 3-4 week gap. But he has been very helpful to me. Pushes a bit. Quite human.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2016

Having undergone ETC's as an inpatient I found the treatment itself useful. While that's about as far as I went with Dr Hughes, having changed doctors, I found his follow-up consultations ECT centric and lacking in any actual physiological exploration. His consultations were also consistently conducted after 10.30pm (11.15pm on one occasion) which demonstrated a lack of respect and genuine empathy especially for someone who had undergone treatment that day. I felt like an ECT experiment and basically got tired of chasing him down for consultation. Maybe his private patients receive far better attention however I was not prepared to find out. I hope this is an isolated experience and someone else can provide positive feedback.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2012