Ratings for Dr. Rani Al Karmi

Absolute fantastic doctor. Very patient and thorough.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2017

So sad to hear that Dr Al Karmi has left us! Such a great eye doctor!

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017

Why are we loosing another good doctor? Please tell the public why ? We need to know so we don't keep loosing good doctors?

flag | Submitted May 12, 2017

Wonderful doctor!! I cannot believe we are losing him!! He is leaving the end of May and I'm NOT HAPPY. we need more doctors like him here in Cape Breton

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

The very best eye doctor that I have seen. He has always been pleasant when I've been there. I find him to be thoughtful, kind and considerate.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2017

I admire how Dr Alkarmi keeps a smile on his face at the end of a visit with each patient , despite his busy clinic. Yet , you feel his personal relation to your cause . He's been alway good to me .

flag | Submitted January 14, 2017

My daughter was referred to Dr. Al Karmi for a turned eye when she was 2 years old. He would constantly yell at her when she would get things on the exam wrong to point that she was scared of him and wouldnt respond during the exams at all. After a few years of this he booked her for surgery which I didn't feel was necessary. I finally got referred to the IWK when she was 4/5 and not only did she not need surgery, but she had the wrong prescription for YEARS!!! All reports were sent to Dr. Al Karmi and I was told not to return to him, from now on we would only do yearly visits at the IWK and an Ophthalmologist in between. After this his office continued to call me and say I needed to make an appointment even after they were told by myself and the IWK that we would not be returning. I then get a call to say he has booked her for surgery!! They would not take no for an answer. Finally after about a year of this they stopped calling. My 6 years old daughter now has to wear bi-focals and her eyes are much worse than they would have been had she had the proper prescription and care from the beginning. Terrible Dr. and very very bad with kids. Also always late, I have seen me be there for a half hour or more after my appointment time and him not even be there and then to show up and be rude and mean to a little girl.

Submitted December 15, 2016

My husbad had been seeing Dr.Alkarmi for a few years and when he noticed something was wrong with my husband's eye he said my husband had 2 options. 1 was $2,000 injections or go to Halifax for surgery so he was told on two separate occasions bt my husband send him to halifax and this was prolonged to the point that i had to take take him to outpatients and see a different opthamologist whom got us an appointment in halifax, my husband's eye issue was that bad he was almost completely blind in one eye and his other was starting to go bad aswell. This is absolutely rediculos he knew my husband was having these issues and kept putting it off if this has of kept up he wouldn't be able to see our almost 2yr old son grow up.He is useless amd incompetent.

Submitted December 1, 2016

I went there this week, no receptionist or assistant, everyone is there an no one knows whats going on because its so disorganized. The technician explains more than the dr does the tone, Sit Over There and he just points, well I don't get that treatment at too many places after the appointment, he says Sorry for the wait and he mumbles stuff. He is a Great Doctor for his service he provides, just a terrible beside and rude manner. but I am going to see a specialist, which he is good at, just don't expect to be treated nice but I would see him again and I'm not worried about this attitude as I don't have to live with him.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2016

I have seen Dr. Al Karmi four times in the past year. He is very professional and caring. I had eye surgery and he and his nurse were totally in tune to me as the patient, and well aware of the discomfort I was experiencing. They both worked well together, assuring me that I was doing very well. I felt extremely secure in their care. Excellent team. Thank you.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2016