Ratings for Dr. Jimmy Locklear

Dr. Locklear is outstanding! Knowledgeable, compassionate and caring. Spends time with his patients.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2016

Saved my life. Took most excellent care of me. Terrific doctor who really cares for his patients.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2015

Dr. Locklear was the cardiologist I would see when mine was on vacation. He was so kind and caring and explained in detail when we needed more information. When another practice offered both of them a position, I chose to go with Dr. Locklear. He has gone above and beyond in taking care of me. The staff, especially his nurse has always been helpful and understanding. I know several cardiologist due to my employment and he and his staff are at the top.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

His staff was irritating, not knowledgeable and had me wait for hours because Locklear was running late but they did not tell or reschedule me. There is virtually no follow up by Locklear and confusion reigns supreme in his Cary, NC office.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2014

My mom had to be admitted to wakemed hospital ER in Cary, NC. We were visiting NC over the Christmas-New Year break and she had a sudden episode. Dr Lochlear was the doctor on call. I can't tell you how much at ease I felt upon this first meeting. I could tell he exuded experience, kindness and caring towards the person he was speaking to. Then I did some research and learned he had a great deal of experience. He spoke with knowledge and experience. Was not rude or arrogant at all as our own doctors in NY can be! How lucky we were to have him assigned to us. Thank you for making this experience and staff. The NP who worked with him was exceptional as well. Thank you to both and to wakemed hospital for treating us so well.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2013

Jimmy is a very competent Cardiologist. He cares about his patients. His staff is 1st class and he has provided superb service. He has placed stents in my RCA which was the result of an MI. He continues to monitor my progress and recommend prudent medical management procedures. If you have him as a Doctor, consider yourself lucky. He is one of the best I have seen.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2012

Right after the rescue squad took me to the hospital,I met Dr. Locklear in the ER. He told me that I had had a heart attack. In less than an hour he put in a stint (and I was feeling better) and three more stints after I got out of distress, one and two months later, for a total of four stints. There was not one problem with any of the procedures. Almost three years later my heart seems to be doing great. Although I realize that I may be at a high risk for more problems. Dr. Locklear continues to help me keep my cholesterol and blood pressure at healthily levels. I enjoy listening to Dr. Locklear and he listens to me. He is an exceptional doctor. Also my Blue Cross / Blue Shield insurance came though for me. There were no problems at all with billing. I got a good deal for my money. And I'm grateful to be alive. God Bless Dr. Locklear.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2012

I found Dr, Lochlear several years ago and he and his staff are exception in the performance of their duties. I had encounter bad results in another hospitals. I am here this week for some tests even though we recently moved over 300 miles away; that is my degree if confidence in him. I have had excellent results with my stents and he is always on the cutting edge if technology. I would highly recommend Dr. Lochlear and his staff.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2011

Observed interest in patients health and well being. Candid, forthcoming, open & honest communication. Knowledgeable and articulate. Excellent surgical skills. Glad he was recommended several years ago to me. Great cardiologist.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2009

Dr. Jimmy Locklear's Credentials

• University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine (Grad. 1980)