Ratings for Dr. Carol J. Kovanda

Dr. Kovanda was my OB/GYN for both my children. While I've read others feel her bedside manner is poor, I feel she is just a reserved person and is direct. She delivered my first child and was a champ during the birthing process (very positive and relaxed). She has always taken the time to answer any questions I have had and feel she is a very ethical doctor. Her nurse is amazing! I trust her competency and skill. I would recommend her to any of my friends and family.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2014

I have been seeing this doctor for the last 4 years. I have never been impressed with her bedside manner; she can come across as cold. However, I feel she is very competent and is constantly learning and training in the most current procedures. Like I told my husband "I'm not looking for a scrapbooking buddy, I'm looking for someone that can get me a healthy baby". The staff there is incredible, always helpful and friendly. I have always been confident that I am receiving excellent medical care from her. I am currently in my second pregnancy, and when I delivered my first, all the nurses at the hospital spoke highly of her and told me how lucky I was to have her as my doctor. Every time I have visited, I have never felt as though she rushed me and has done a great job answering all of my questions to my satisfaction.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2013

Dr. Kovanda is my current OB. Every time I have gone to see her, she has had a very snotty attitude. I do not want to take certain drugs during my pregnancy; however, instead of trying to help me with an alternative to my anxiety, she told me to keep taking Zoloft (I have no history with it in the past) and that the fact that I did not like it was because I was not used to it. She has also made snide comments towards me about work that were rude and offensive. I have no trust for this woman.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2012

I had a poor experiance with this doctor - she had a rediculously bad attitude / bedside manner with me, and has no personality. However, I believe she is a competant doctor. Regardless, I would never see her - and have not ever since.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2008

Dr. Carol J. Kovanda's Credentials

• University Of Illinois At Chicago Health Science Center (Grad. 1979)