Ratings for Dr. Robert M. Pinto

WORST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE! It is with shock and dismay that I feel obligated to write this review about my experience with Dr. Robert Pinto, especially given his standing in the community and having been licensed for almost 30 years. Several months ago I started experiencing pain in my left leg. The pain was not consistent in severity or location. Research indicated it might be sciatica and a chiropractor could help. I made an appointment with Dr. Pinto. After getting some X-rays, he said I had a herniated disk and recommended a treatment program over several months (which I have since found out is discouraged in the industry since nobody can determine how long it will take to improve) at a cost of $6,400, but I could receive a $1,200 discount if I paid up front, which I did (I consider myself a savvy consumer but the pain I was experiencing clouded my judgement). On the 3rd visit, a massage therapist hurt me and a day later, the pain was so bad I considered going to the ER. I met with Pinto to find out what happened. He said the therapist was too “aggressive”, he began manipulating my spine and the pain was so bad he stopped. I canceled future appointments and met with an orthopedic surgeon. He said you can’t diagnose a herniated disk without a skeletal MRI, examined me for 5 minutes and prescribed an oral steroid. I began improving almost immediately and fully recovered within a few days. The meeting with the orthopedic surgeon cost $135 plus $33 for a prescription from Walmart (no health insurance involved). I met with Pinto, told him what happened and demanded a refund. He said he was terribly sorry and would refund my money. Several days later, I saw that he only credited $3,700 back to my credit card. When I contacted him about the $1,500 owed me, he said his actions were appropriate and no additional money would be returned. I have contacted my credit card company, the BBB (of which he is not a member), the Virginia Attorney General and the Virginia Board of Medicine to assist me in dealing with Pinto. If you or someone you know has been a patient at Pinto there is a good chance you were incorrectly diagnosed and charged for unnecessary procedures. If so, please contact: Virginia Department of Health Professions, Enforcement Division. Online at: https://www.dhp.virginia.gov/enforcement/complaints.htm . Address: Perimeter Center, 9960 Mayland Drive, Suite 300, Henrico, VA 23233-1463. Telephone: 1-800-533-1560 or (804) 367-4691, Fax: (804) 527-4424. Email: enfcomplaints@dhp.virginia.gov.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2018

Pinto chiropractic is such a warm and friendly place. The doctors and staff put you at ease from the first minute you walk through the door.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2016

A good experience over all. I'm feeling so much better. Staff and doctors are great.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2016

I have really enjoyed my experience at Pinto. The staff and rehabilitation program that they set up not only work on a short term scale, but to keep you feeling well for the long run. Wonderful and knowledgable staff!!

flag | Submitted October 24, 2016

This is a great practice, friendly staff and doctors who focus on your well being

flag | Submitted October 13, 2016

Pinto chiropractic is the best . They are very professional and friendly. They address your needs and make sure you are improving . They know what they are talking about and explain everything to you so you can understand it as you go .

flag | Submitted August 30, 2016

Everyone is very friendly and seems to really care about my concerns and well-being. Doctors are professional yet friendly and take the time to ask questions and listen to concerns. Ashley is super knowledgable and great at her job. I have never had better massages anywhere and always look forward to them. I have improved about 75 - 80% overall. I am anxious to see if the stretches and exercises help when I return to work, teaching full time. My intention is to continue to come every month or so throughout the school year. Thank you for all you do here!

flag | Submitted August 22, 2016

Wonderful place to be. Very personable,down to earth and provides comfort with care given. Progress is quick and normalcy is achievable

flag | Submitted August 16, 2016

It has been a great experience thus far. I am hoping it will help with my problems and pain. Everyone in the office is very nice and professional.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2016

The staff is very knowledgable and caring. The treatments are tailored to me specifically. They have shown great amounts of interest and care in understanding my pain and fixing it.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2016