Ratings for Dr. Susan A. Glenn

Not impressed that for five years I have been told that I have migraines and given narcotics and basically told to take the medicine and suck it up. Turns out that my eye dr noticed some swelling in my optic nerve and called Dr. Glenn and suggested that I have a spinal tap. I went for the spinal tap and the results concluded that I have pseudotumor cerebri which was causing vision loss. I felt like I was pushed to the side and this diagnosis could have been made long before it was. With an earlier diagnosis I would probably have it under control by now but, as it stands right now, I have vision loss that could be permanent if treatment is not aggressive. Dr. Glenn has not been aggressive with treating my pseudotumor. I fear that I may have permanent vision loss if I do not find another neurologist soon that seems to be able to treat this condition more aggressively. Dr. Glenn is nice as a person but I question her ability to treat some things.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2015

Nurse looked and acted like she had a side job.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2014

Staff is always professional and courteous. Dr. Glenn has been seeing my husband for several years. He has numerous medical problems which Dr. Glenn has been following and she has been absolutely wonderful. She takes the time to answer all of our questions and explain all aspects of his care. My husband is a retired PA so he is a little hard to please when it comes to his health care. He has always been so impressed with Dr. Glenn's knowledge and the way she cares for her patients. Would definitley recommend!!

flag | Submitted June 10, 2014

Experience thus far has been the same. It is awful having to wait for feedback. I had the initial meeting with her and have called twice only to be told that the doctor was on vacation and that a nurse would call me back. I am really frustrated. I cant believe I took time to make the visit and to be treated this way. Will consult another doctor really soon

flag | Submitted April 24, 2013

I believe I was the first appt for the day, asked to arrive at 7:15 am, didn't go back to the room or see the doctor until well after 8:15. How could they already be behind? PA was tolerable, not overly pleasant, kind of quick and curt. Doctor was about the same. Spent time doing a routine check, ordered an MRI, then never called or followed up with test results either over phone or via mail. Called 9 days later, was told they didn't have the results (which I didn't fully believe) and that the doctor would be on vacation the next week, so I would have to wait. 4 weeks later I called a second time to complain and ask for a follow up call. Still no return call 24 hours later. I have since decided to go elsewhere. Raleigh Neuro seems too big to really care. I am not an extreme case, so I felt somewhat overlooked and ignored. Very disheartening. I would not recommend Dr Glenn or the practice.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2012

complaints: nurse and P.A. are RUDE! DR. Glenn is too busy to see patients! P.A.(marsha)adds her own "spin" onto what your saying before she relays it to Dr. Glenn.; Dr. Glenn was knowledgeable on my first visit(which was the only visit i was ever able to actually see her)but after that visit i have only seen P.A. who is too stupid to realize i needed a medicine increase not to be sent to a cardiologist, which then cost me $535 out of pocket for a tilt table exam. for a whim she had. Positive: the secretary ashley is absolutely amazing and very helpful! And the facility is very nice they have sleep labs on site. i advise going to the practice and seeing a differnt doctor!

flag | Submitted July 19, 2011

No patient contact after initial visit. Thinks she's 'House'? Need to pester staff for her results for weeks. Test on the 30, her results came in mail 2 weeks after I went myself to get actual results. Her letter didn't mention some other problems that showed up.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2010

She cared for my mom who had a terrible neurological disease and I couldnt have asked for a better doctor. She was never in a hurry to move on. She always answered my dad's questions patiently (which were quite a few)with every visit. She was very helpful in getting us any extra assistance we needed through Medicaid or recommending to the primary physician. She was encouraging and supportive not only to the patient as well as the caregiver. Her records are meticulous. After my mom passed away, a copy of the records show how clearly she has followed and recorded the progress of her disease. I would wholeheartedly recommend her to anyone considering neurological care. Dont cancel any appointments -because it would be several weeks or may be a few months before you can get back in.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2008

Dr. Glenn is truly awesome. She is knowledgeable, patient and compassionate. Within days of having tests done, she sends a letter with results. She is very supportive and has gone the extra mile to help me with my disability claim. It can be difficult to get an appointment with her, however, her PA is also wonderful and consults with Dr. Glenn regarding your care. She is definitely one of the "best doctors" ever.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2007

The best medical experience in years! Dr. Glenn spent an hour with me, not only with a thorough exam, but spoke with me personally about work, children, illness, and truly seemed interested and concerned about the whole me, not just the area of the pain. I never once felt she was dying to move on to the next patient. Several days afterward, I received a letter re my test results, telling me that she enjoyed meeting me and hoped I was feeling better. How about that! Only negative: she's booked up months in advance. Wonder why.....

flag | Submitted August 31, 2006

Dr. Susan A. Glenn's Credentials

• University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)

MSP/BC Med