Ratings for Dr. Mary Harrow

I believed the reviews and and waited weeks to get in to see this quack. Let me tell you what happened, so you can judge for yourself. 1) Appointment was scheduled for 8:30 a.m., I was informed to arrive 15 minutes early to fill out paperwork. I arrived at 8:10, doors were locked, no one inside. 8:25, someone finally shows up and unlocks the doors. Does not greet me, just walks off into another room and has me wait. Then after I attempt to fill out paperwork in the 1 minute remaining before my appointment I find out that this late/rude woman is the "doctor". 2) I get into the room, where there is a massage table and various relics of "old medicine" set up, for what I can only hope is decoration. I began to talk to her about my issues, She was very dismissive and repeated back ailments that I never said I had. Her listening skills were poor at best. A patient should not have to repeat themselves many times. 3) I informed her that my back was in a great deal of pain to the touch, so what did she do? She used this hammering machine on my back for what felt like forever, while I cried in pain. During this torturous time, she had odd conversations with my 4-year-old daughter. They talked about many things, some of which were extremely inappropriate, such as prayer and how this "doctor" likes to judge people by their body type. Something that my daughter has never been subjected to. Now I have to explain to my very impressionable child that everything that this woman said was untrue. 4) When discussing one of my chronic conditions, which is being treated by a specialist, I was told by this woman to discontinue my real medicine and trade it out for aloe vera juice. This is the most insane thing I have ever heard. If I had not researched my condition in great detail and did not know the science behind what is wrong with me, this could cause much more harm than good. This type of "medicine" is not based on scientific fact. It is based on the power of suggestion and thought. I am now in a tremendous amount of pain and it will take me weeks to heal and to find a real doctor. Please do not make this mistake, it could hurt you physically and will definitely hurt your wallet as she charged twice what MD's in the area charge.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2014

She no longer does Acupuncture treatments. But she does perform Prolothearpy and Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) treatments. She is very friendly and will listen to you.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2013

Dr. Harrow offers both conventional and functional medicine treatments. She has a great personality and welcomes questions and helped to resolve my medical issues when no other doctor could help. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2011

Very kind and informative. Gave options and explained what my diagnosis meant.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2009

Dr. Mary Harrow's Credentials

• Ohio Univ, Coll Of Osteo Med, Athens Oh 45701 (Grad. 1994)