Dr. Michael P. Planalp

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Michael P. Planalp

Saw him for lower back pain that wound up being a non-displaced fracture. No surgery required, which was a huge relief and I think I'll be back to normal here in a few weeks after some therapy! Thanks for everything, Dr. Planalp!

flag | Submitted December 26, 2018

Great doctor and I was really glad he didn't jump right to surgery. I'm hopeful we can correct my scoliosis through some non-surgery methods.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2018

Great surgeon. I drove down to Dayton from Toledo to see him and it was well worth it. Very thorough in his examination and answered my queries without making me feel like I was taking too much of his time. Very helpful and down to earth!

flag | Submitted November 20, 2018

OUTSTANDING DOCTOR!!! He was so down to earth and spent lots of time answering my questions and helping me decide which surgery would render the best results.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2018

Outstanding spine provider who helped me avoid a lumbar fusion!

flag | Submitted November 14, 2018

Sharp; listened, asked questions, served an opinion, made recommendations. All good to move forward.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2018

Great doctor and very compassionate. He answered all of my questions and was really helpful.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2018

Best spine doctor I have ever seen, and having chronic disk degeneration I have seen a lot of them. He was knowledgeable and compassionate. I drove down from Tipp City to Miami Township and it was worth it!

flag | Submitted November 7, 2018

Nothing but good things to say about Dr. Planlap (other than the obvious negative fact he went to Notre Dame). He has great bedside manner and really took the time to understand what I wanted to do after treatment before he recommended therapy. I appreciated that he didn't jump right into spine surgery.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2018

Good experience and overall great care by Dr. Planalp. Good bedside manner and he was helpful in exploring treatment options. Fortuntately, I think i can avoid surgery and have a full recovery.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2018

Dr. Michael P. Planalp's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Michael Planalp, M.D. is a board eligible Orthopaedic surgeon and fellowship trained spine surgeon. He is originally from Cincinnati, graduating from Wyoming High School before attending the University of Notre Dame. He subsequently studied medicine at the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine. He completed a residency in orthopaedic surgery at William Beaumont in Detroit and obtained fellowship certification at the Twin Cities Spine Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Dr. Planalp’s interests include minimally invasive surgery, adult degenerative conditions, as well as scoliosis and spinal deformity. He also has a passion for orthopaedic trauma and fracture care. His personal surgical philosophy follows the principle of ‘less is more,’ which has developed through extensive fellowship training in minimally invasive and muscle sparing spine surgical techniques. Away from medicine, Michael and his wife, Caitlin McCarthy, a local Obstetrician and Gynecologist, share many interests, and are excited to be back home in Southwest Ohio. They enjoy attending sporting events throughout the Cincinnati and Dayton areas, cooking together, and exploring much of what the tri-state area has to offer.

• English

• Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
  • Cervical spondylosis
  • Spinal fusion
  • Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion (ACDF)
  • Sacroiliitis