Ratings for Dr. Lisa B. Philpott

I have been seeing Dr. Philpott for several years since an eye emergency left me mostly blind. In fact, it was her efforts that kept me from being completely blind since the ER doctors seemed to be clueless. Her response was not just to help my eye problem but to order admittance to the hospital and tests for my whole body to look for the cause of the rare condition I had. I have found her to be compassionate and a terrific doctor. She was available to me through a very traumatic first year and responded to every phone call, no matter how minor the concern. She explained every consequence of my condition and answered questions with great information and respect. If you are having an eye emergency or just want to be treated like an adult, this is the doctor you want on your side. Good Job!

flag | Submitted July 17, 2007

Two of my children have been treated by Lisa Philpott for about the past 5 years. Both had a very weak and atrophied eye that required strong correction, filtering, etc. The treatment plan Lisa prescribed worked very well, and both kids have good vision, albeit with glasses, and they look normal. I have tremendous confidence in her ability. I have personally attended 6 or 7 of my kids treatments with her over the years, and she has been nothing but kind, professional, and terrific with my kids. I was shocked to read that another person at this site found her to be rude. Based on my extensive experience with her, I would discount that report as probably a strange situation with a difficult patient. I think she is great. Great with patients and their parents, and a competent doctor. - Greg Arend

flag | Submitted October 6, 2006

We took our son in to see Dr Philpott as in 7/2005 our son had a full eye exam done at the same office but we were not allowed to see her & we were told by many OT therapists my son had tracking issues. The first Doctor we saw missed his tracking issues completely. About 4 months ago our son complained of seeing double but Kaiser could not get us in for 2 months so I took Davis to a local specialist (A to Z Eyecare) & they diagnosed him with convergence insufficiency. Just by luck Dr Philpott had a cancellation, so I took Davis in. During the first part of the exam she was very quiet & had a very tense & unhappy nature about her. She was very insistant my son do things specific ways & if his head was not where she wanted it she would shove it there. Then she said she need to dialate my son's eyes and my son went crazy due to the fact he is bipolar & that the same office burned his eyes very badly with the dilation drops the first time. She was very rude to both me & my son.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2006

Dr. Lisa B. Philpott's Credentials

• Univ Of Co Sch Of Med, Denver Co 80262 (Grad. 1986)

Medical Mutual Of Ohio