Ratings for Dr. Richard L. Love

I was extremely unsatisfied with Dr. LOVE. I chose him based on good reviews I read. He was the rudest doctor I have ever in my life met. He put me down for being on tenn care, made fun of us for struggling with gender disappointment -which is very real. Research it. He called me ugly names and would not let me speak. Thank God my husband was there to intervein. Now on the other hand, his Co worker is fabulous! Totally opposite. I had been told on the phone TWICE once I made the appt and once when I confirmed that he would do an ultrasound himself. When I got there to check in he staff at the front desk was horrid. I was very confused and trying to figure out why I was not having one. They wouldn't answer. In fact the lady that I wasn't even checking in with, Nikki, started yelling at me. I was livid at that point. Here I am pregiant, my husband hado taken off early to be with me at this appointment for the ultrasound, I have a two year old and I'm being talking to like a dog. I continue talking to my husband when we sat down about how unhappy I was and telling him sorry because I would have rescheduled due to not getting the ultrasound because I hated he was missing work. Extremely stressful. Well, I finally got called back and while I was leaving the urine the Nikki girl is complaining about me and I can hear word for word. When Dr Love comes in he dosent even introduce himself to me (first time meeting him) and immediately puts me down. It's was intense. He tried to make me leave, put me down and made not only hurtful remarks but unprofessional ones. When he finally let my husband speak he realized the confusion and did a very rushed ultrasound way after everyone else left. I am grateful he finally allowed my husband to speak but he was nothing as I had read about. My friend even had recommended him and when I said I chose you based on good reviews and being told you prayed with your patients he just brushed me off and when on. I was belittled about changing doctors. I had one appointment ONE with a previous doctor who wasn't familiar with a Vasa previa which is very dangerous so I changed to leconte. That's what any good mom would do. I am very happy with Dr Laura Schnegg. She's patient, kind, understanding everushing he was not. I know everyone has bad days I get that. I tried to give him multiple chances but he continued to speak to me horrible so much so I have it in my chard he is not to EVER see me. Just be careful when choosing him. He may be a good dr medically I would not know as he would not even give a chance to get to that point.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2017

Some of these negative reviews I find hard to believe. He does nothing short of making you feel at home during a visit you would rather not have. We moved here and tried finding someone and I am very pleased I went to him. I like the fact that he prays with his staff before the day starts.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2014

I only saw Dr.Love at Leconte medical center but he was a Godsend! He really cared about my recovery and pushed to get things done so I could go home. He made a unfortunate vacation spent in the hospital better than anyone could have. I wish I had a Dr like him here at home.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2014

Dr Love is an amazing dr. I am reading the reviews and baffled about not giving bc to women not married. I have never had this issued with him or his staff. I have been going to him for over 10 years. I also got pregnant with my first child unwed, and lost him at 32 weeks. Not once did Dr Love make me feel like it was my fault or a good thing. He actually comforted me and helped me deal with such an emotional loss. When I got pregnant three months later with my son, he was very excited and happy for me. He and his staff have not only been a great medical doctor but also a great support in my life in my worst days. I would recommend him to anyone needing a woman dr!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

I have had numerous problems for the last 10 years, and have begged from help from several other doctors o ly to have my birth control changed repeatedly and to be told I was too young for the surgery I really needed. Dr. Anderson and Dr. Love listened to me and were actually sympathetic to my problems. They overlooked my age, and saw only my needs. I will be forever grateful to them both.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2013

Dr love is very inconsiderate. He pushes his beliefs on you.makes you feel like my pregancy which was a miscarriage was a mistake and it was for the best because i was not married but in a steady relationship.i would not recommened him!

flag | Submitted February 6, 2013

Horrible birthing experience! When I got to hospital I was 8 cm dialated. I asked for an epidural and he told me I didnt have time for one, even though she wasnt born until 4 hours later. I had no pain meds through the whole process. Nurses had me pushing too soon, so I ripped from my cervix down on the inside, and the outside also. He did give me a shot on the outside to stitch, but I had nothing for the stitches on the inside. When I was screaming through the stitches inside, I was told I needed to calm down and be quiet or he couldnt get done.I did go back to him for my 6 weeks check up. While there I asked for birth control. He told me he didnt believe in giving birth control to unwed women. I feel like he pushed his personal beliefs on me, and I also believe I wad discriminated against because I was unwed.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2012

After seeing numerous other doctors, with no relief. And trust me I heard some really crazy things were wrong with me.A friend told me to see Dr. Love. They got me in immediately and from there exhausted every effort to help me.Which was a blessing, I honestly had lost hope. I also had Dr. Andersons help to fix me. I would highly recommend their office to anyone. Big difference is they listen to you! I couldn't be happier now.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2011

he is a amazing..he always puts the babys life befor anything else..the only down side is sometimes you have to wait a few min to see him, but they are a very busy office..and if you want a great dr. then he is well worth the wait. But if its an emergency then you are in, fast..like i said he puts the childs life above everything.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2011

I am sorry I chose Dr.Love to deliver my baby. Over the course of my prenatal care, I saw Dr.Love, Dr.Anderson (a woman), and two nurse practitioners. Dr. Anderson and the nurses were fine, but I did not get to meet Dr.Love until 32 weeks. He and Dr.Anderson led me on to believe I could have my birth the way I wanted it until it came time to deliver. They insisted that I induce, then ended my labor with an 'emergency' c-section that I believe wouldn't have been necessary had I not been induced. During labor, Dr.Love literally laughed at the fact that so many women come in and think they can actually have a natural labor, but can't. Nothing in my birth plan was followed except for two minor things(that would have been done if my husband hadn't been right there). I was then told I could leave sooner rather than later, only to be dissapointed again and again. Most of the nurses in the maternity ward were nice, but one or two seemed a little bitter. I do not recommend Dr.Love.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2011

Dr. Richard L. Love's Credentials

• East Tennessee State University, Quillen-Dishner College Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Sevierville, TN