You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Joseph R. Ferrari

Visit this doctor at your own risk. I went in with a swollen elbow and he sent me home with antibiotics. No blood test, no x-rays, no soft tissue imaging. Oh, he did draw fluid off my elbow to send into the labs. Later his office called and informed me there was "no infectious bacteria". However, when my new doctor called, his office was unable to produce the reports because the sample was never sent in!! Can we say "fraud"? Not to mention he cortorized the wrong area on my elbow (how does one miss a noticeable wound?) nor did he administer the numbing agent. What an incompetent fool. Both my brother and I have fired him. Use him at your own risk.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2015

I had a very negative experience with this doctor. With regard to my problems he had very little compassion or empathy and no resolution to them. i would not recommend his services to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2015

Dr. Ferrari had been my doctor as a child. He and his wife (also a practicing doctor in the same clinic together) are really a poor team. I had several chronic conditions as an adolescent, which at the very least should have been referred to a pediatrician at the time, but never were. It wasn't until I reached adulthood that these conditions were diagnosed appropriately, when I moved out of state. Both of the doctors continue to see my parents, whose health has suffered due to misdiagnosis and their lack of professional good judgement to refer them to specialists when necessary. In my opinion, they are all about keeping the patients coming, thus making money, rather than doing what's right and not practicing outside their scope. I would not recommend them at all, and in fact I think they would do the community a service to just retire.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2012

Listens, provides thorough information, answers questions thoroughly, Seven years with him, a good doctor.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2010

even though he has very good ratings online, he was the worst Doc I've ever seen. not helpful and down right pissy. if you don't like your job retire. life is too short. He did NOT ask me any medical history, and he very much need to to asses what was wrong with me. he basically told me since I'm on medicare I wont be able to afford treatment, and denied me any sort of help. (this may be because of his political views since Obama just the other day made his speech about healthcare) I left in tears. I will be contacting the florida medical board. the nurse was very nice, office staff at front desk were neither here nor there, kind of just doing a job. the Dr. should NOT be a Dr. If you have medicare don't bother going to this guy, he wont help you.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2010

Good doctor. Doesn't offer extra information unless asked, but has proven to be very knowledgeable over a few years time. Has learned that I need to know lots of details and supplies them now.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2007

Dr. Joseph R. Ferrari's Credentials

• American Univ Of The Caribbean, Sch Of Med, Plymouth, Montserrat (Grad. 1986)

Updates

• A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Visit this doctor at your own risk. I went in with a swollen elbow and he sent me home with antibiotics. No blood test, no x-rays, no soft tissue imaging. Oh..."

October 31, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I had a very negative experience with this doctor. With regard to my problems he had very little compassion or empathy and no resolution to them. i would not ..."

October 30, 2015
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=35455'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.3

February 5, 2014