Ratings for Dr. John F. Zavell

Face and neck done 2 years ago. Just noticed this Dr. appeared on my PC as "facelift specialist." Had my revision done in Oct. 2015 by a true facelift specialist, to repair the shoddy job Dr. Zavell did on me. I no longer have scars on my face, in front of my ears, the wavy, droopy, scar he left under my chin has been tightened and is flat, the scars behind my head are gone. Dr Zavell tried to twice to make a decent chin scar, and could not....this was a simple facelift procedure, I am still young, there was not alot to do. Feel and looked like he took excess skin from neck and chin and gathered it in a roll under my chin. Not one person noticed, not even my family. I looked worse, not better. He also tried twice to do a brow lift on me, both failed. I am left with wavy bumps on my forehead. I blame myself for allowing him to do it twice, but, at that time, I still believed he was skilled. He did not come highly recommended, I was sent to him via his wife's dermatology office, to consult him on skin sensitivity. I have a feeling that he gets many of his pts. this way, however, I was very impressed by his staff, had good vibes, and scheduled a PS consult a year later . It was a very expensive mistake, I was embarrassed to share this, but, I hope it helps others to make this important decision. When I even mildly suggested that something was wrong, he got upset, very angry, defensive, brought out "before pictures," which, as he knows, and had mentioned, mean nothing. I took a friend with me to witness his behavior, my friend was shocked. I asked him not to say anything while we were there, as I was requesting a redo on my wavy chin scar. His whole rant was recorded on a phone...so....As i told my friend, you have to hear this Dr. to believe it, as his temper so, so, very bad.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2015

Extremely rude and uncaring. I have never been treated with such disregard.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2015

I have always been in decent shape but that last couple years I have not been seeing the results I really want. My stomach has been a source of issue, i eat well most of the time and work out regularly but i had a belly. I have always been apprehensive about cosmetic surgery but i heard about Dr. Zavell and CoolSculpting. I reviewed him on realself and other medical sites and finally went in for a consultation. I was blown away by his calm understanding nature. I had so many questions and Dr. Zavell and his staff went above and beyond answering anything and everything and they were so patient with me. My evaluation showed i was a candidate for coolsculpting. The procedure took an hour and was painless. I basically laid down on a table and allowed the vacuum head to suck in my excess fat and freeze it. My skin and insides were numb for a while a long while. at first i was a big swollen and i was slightly discouraged but the staff assured me this was normal. After 2 months the results are incredible! My belly that stuck out in my shirts is virtually gone! i cannot wait to wear a bikini and its fall! i have to remember to keep up with my healthy eating and exercise but i would recommend this service to everyone and anyone! Dr. Zavell is an incredible cosmetic/plastic surgeon and i am so pleased i decided to come to his practice.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014

Dr. Zavell and his staff were extremely patient with me and all my questions. I have been debating breast reconstruction for a long time and after my third child i told myself it was time for me. I could not be happier with Dr. Zavell! My outlook, my day to day, everything has changed for the better. I am more confident happier and so satisfied! I will highly recommend Dr. Zavell and his incredible staff to everyone!

flag | Submitted September 18, 2014

Dr. John F. Zavell's Credentials

• University Of Michigan Medical School (Grad. 1985)