Ratings for Dr. Nadeem R. Abu-Rustum

Excellent doctor did a very good job highly recommended

flag | Submitted September 13, 2014

Dr. Abu Rustum is everything you could want in a doctor. He is kind and gentle, so you feel at ease in his presence and can relax regarding whatever procedure you have to have done. He is very skilled and knowledgeable, so you know you are in good hands. I'm actually looking forward to seeing him again soon even though cancer is scary, it helps having such a wonderful and kind doctor.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2011

I was admitted to MSKCC with Stage IIIc Ovarian Cancer. Dr. Abu Rustum saved my life -- he is the Gold Standard.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2011

Dr. Abu-Rustum is an amazingly skilled surgeon. He came highly recommended before my surgery. He lived up to his reputation and is a miracle-worker!

flag | Submitted April 13, 2011

If you're lucky enough to be treated by Dr. Abu-Rustum, you're in good hands. He performed surgery on me to remove some endometriosis. Excellent surgeon and doctor.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2010

This is the only doctor I trust. Really talented. If you have gyn/oncology problem - Sloan-Kettering is the only place and try to get Abu-Rustum. Outstanding office and staff as well!

flag | Submitted April 8, 2010

I've met many GYN/ONC in NYC and in Westchester County and I never felt comfortable with any of them. They had me dead by 40 from the BRCA 1 mutation and visiting their offices just added to my stress and increased my anxieties. I am so happy that I met Dr. Abu-Rustum last week. He treated me like a person, cared, took a lot of time with me because I was nervous wreck, and he gave me the stats and info I needed in order to make the right decision about removing my ovaries prophylactically. Brilliant man with awesome bedside manner. I hardly even felt the pelvic exam! When the time is right, I will have surgery with him.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2010

Dr. Abu Rustum is a kind, compassionate doctor and I have no doubts about his surgical skills. But as a person looking for advice because I am high risk for breast/ovarian cancer, he gave me a lot of horror stories and not a lot of statistics. I don't appreciate that.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2009

I had prophylactic ovary removal, with minimally invasive surgery, by this physician last week. I left the hospital the same day. No overnight stay. All pain manageable. He was ralistic with me about rate of recovery. When I went back for my check-up, I was seen on time and out within 20 minutes.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2007

I had surgery for endomitrial cancer in June. I was very happy with Dr. Abu-Rustum and feel confident I got the best possible care.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2006

Dr. Nadeem R. Abu-Rustum's Credentials

GHI
Oxford

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Excellent doctor did a very good job highly recommended"

September 13, 2014
  • First Name changed from "Nadeem" to "Nadeem R."

October 20, 2013