Dr. Khurram Pervaiz's Credentials
Accepting New Patients
Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients
Khurram Pervaiz, M.D. is a board certified Orthopaedic Surgeon who specializes in shoulder, elbow and hand surgery at the Orthopaedic Associates of Central Maryland division. Dr. Pervaiz has completed fellowships in shoulder & elbow surgery as well as hand surgery. He treats all conditions of the upper extremity with a special interest in shoulder joint replacement and revision surgery. He is actively involved in research and education and is a reviewer for the JSES (Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery). Some of his areas of research interest and publication include shoulder arthritis and joint replacement, wrist biomechanics and limited wrist fusion, carpal tunnel syndrome and Dupuytren’s contracture.
- Punjabi language
- Virginia Commonwealth University (Grad. 2010)
Areas of Expertise
- Rotator cuff injury
- Frozen shoulder
- Dislocated shoulder
- Separated shoulder
- Tennis elbow
- Golfer's elbow
- Dislocated elbow
- Broken wrist/broken hand
- Wrist pain
- Broken arm
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
Awards & Recognitions
- Baltimore Magazine Top Doc 2014
- Super Doctor Washingtom Post Magazine 2013
- Baltimore Magazine Top Doc 2012
Publications & Research
- Sports specific commentary: phalangeal fractures in basketball.
- Sport-specific commentary on Bennett and metacarpal fractures in football.
- Ethnic and gender diversity in hand surgery trainees.
- Range of motion effects of distal pole scaphoid excision and triquetral excision after radioscapholunate fusion: a cadaver study.
- Triceps fascial tongue exposure for total elbow arthroplasty: surgical technique and case series.
- Osteoporosis and shoulder osteoarthritis: incidence, risk factors, and surgical implications.