Ratings for Dr. Khurram Pervaiz

I feel like a part of the family with Orthopedic Associates; they are exactly what I look for in a professional staff and atmosphere.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2016

Dr Pervaiz repaired a broken clavicle for me. He did an outstanding job. I have recovered completely, and have had no issues since. He was very caring throughout the process, and took the time to answer my questions. I feel that I received outstanding care from Dr Pervaiz.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2016

What a great doctor and nice person in general! Dr. Pervaiz did a total shoulder replacement of my left shoulder one year ago. My cartilage was shot, and due to the pain I was not able to do much with that arm. Not a good situation to be in for someone whose activities need that functionality (horse owner, shade-tree mechanic, overreaching Harry Homeowner, and amateur wildlife photographer). Since I was retired and 65 years old, I decided it was "now or never". I'm so glad I had the surgery. It was a major life adjustment for several months, but the results were excellent. I am now able to use the arm & shoulder with no joint pain and most of my strength has been regained. I can swim again!! Dr. Pervaiz's excellent work has allowed me to continue my favorite activities! I whole-heartedly recommend Dr. Pervaiz.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2016

Dr. Pervaiz is the most professional and caring Doctor ! From our first meeting, he made me feel at home and I knew I wanted him to operate on both my hands for carpal tunnel syndrome. From the first operation to the second he never let me down .. I knew he had my back in the operating room and that made me feel at ease, which I personally feel is of outmost importance to anyone having surgery. I will always be greatful and recommend him to anyone who needs his service !

flag | Submitted September 1, 2016

Following a fall resulting in upper arm and wrist fractures, I was referred to Dr. Pervaiz for evaluation and treatment. Dr. Pervaiz performed outpatient ORIF surgery below my shoulder, splinted my wrist, and coordinated the postop followup and PT regimen. Everything was done with extraordinary skill, competence and efficiency -- seamlessly integrating all the components of care into a single comprehensive program and achieving excellent results. Dr. Pervaiz is a superb surgeon, meticulous and caring. I cannot thank Dr. Pervaiz and his team enough for their efforts on my behalf, and wholeheartedly recommend him to anyone needing specialized upper extremity orthopedic care.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2016

Dr Pervais repaired a torn rotator cuff and torn bicep. My experience and result has been excellent. I was kept informed throughout the entire process and always asked if I had any additional questions. Doing the PT afterward and pushing yourself pays off in the end. Not fun but necessary. I have recommended DR. Pervais to friends. Thank you. Jeff Brown

flag | Submitted August 19, 2016

My experience with Dr. Pervaiz was excellent. From the first visit, the surgery, and the follow-ups, he and his staff were a pleasure to interact with during treatment of my torn labrum. I was provided with very personable service and never once felt like I was just another name or number coming through. I would recommend Dr. Pervaiz to anyone needing shoulder surgery.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2016

I was referred by a friend to set up an appointment with Dr. Perviaz. I had a skiing accident where I Had 6 fractures to my wrist and hand. Dr. Pervaiz performed the surgery and assured me that I would regain all functions in my hand. Now 3 months out of surgery, Dr. Pervaiz has seen the transition through time and physical therapy to confirm that his promise will come true. I felt that his input to me in that initial meeting was sincere and his concern impressed me and my wife from the very beginning. So, I am thrilled with every part of my association with Dr. Pervaiz and his team which would include the surgical center, the cadre caring for me at the day of surgery, his administrative assistant Kourtney and especially Beth Kozero the physical therapist that Dr. Pervaiz brought into my rehabilitation program. So, bad injury, but a wonderful journey.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2016

Surgery was a complete success and I now have full range of motion in shoulder. Dr Pervaiz and his entire staff are wonderful.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016

This was my first experience (at age 60) with a broken bone (wrist) much less surgery with pins and a plate. As traumatic as the injury was, my experience with Dr. Pervaiz, the Surgery Center, the Office Staff, and the Physical Therapy Staff, Beth especially, was an amazingly positive experience. I knew from the first visit with Dr. Pervaiz that I was in the best of hands. The surgery process went so smoothly; the Surgery Center runs like clockwork and everyone I came into contact with, whether or not they would be caring for me that day, was extremely warm and friendly and encouraging. I wasn't treated like 'just another patient'. They understood that this was a traumatic event for me and did everything they could to make me feel more confident and comfortable. I will always be grateful for the care I was given and would highly recommend this practice and Dr. Pervaiz to anyone requiring orthopedic services.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2016

Dr. Khurram Pervaiz's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Khurram Pervaiz, M.D. is a board certified Orthopaedic Surgeon who specializes in shoulder, elbow and hand surgery at the Orthopaedic Associates of Central Maryland division. Dr. Pervaiz has completed fellowships in shoulder & elbow surgery as well as hand surgery. He treats all conditions of the upper extremity with a special interest in shoulder joint replacement and revision surgery. He is actively involved in research and education and is a reviewer for the JSES (Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery). Some of his areas of research interest and publication include shoulder arthritis and joint replacement, wrist biomechanics and limited wrist fusion, carpal tunnel syndrome and Dupuytren’s contracture.

• Punjabi language
  • Hindi
  • Urdu
  • English

• Virginia Commonwealth University (Grad. 2010)

• Rotator cuff injury