Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Khurram Pervaiz

Dr. Pervaiz did surgery on my broken wrist after I fell on some ice. He was very professional, sympathetic and pleasant prior to and after my surgery. I made numerous office visits because it took a year to fully heal because I had RSD (Reflex Symphatic Dystrophy) . I am so thankful I had him as my surgeon. I would not hesitate to recommend him to others.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2018

Dr. Pervaiz did carpal tunnel surgery on both my wrist 12/2017 right and my left on 2/2018 . I was in pain for a couple years , he did my surgeries in a couple minutes and in a couple days after my surgeries I was pain free. Dr. Pervaiz did an amazing job. He is one of the most pleasant doctors I’ve seen, very courteous and friendly and took time to listen to me....highly, highly recommend.....

flag | Submitted February 15, 2018

I would tell anyone who has an elbow issue to see Dr. Pervaiz. I had several problems in my elbow and Dr. Pervaiz diagnosed and repaired everything and eight weeks later I am pain free and back to doing everything I want to do. He is unquestionably highly skilled and extremely easy and comfortable to be around.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2018

I would highly recommend Dr. Pervaiz! He was very thorough & explained everything in complete detail. The visits were not rushed. He even suggested videos that would further explain the rotator cuff surgery, recovery & physical therapy. He was right on the mark. Before going into the operating room for the surgery on August 25, 2017, I asked him to do a good job on my shoulder. He replied”I will do a great job!” & that is exactly what he did. I was quite apprehensive when I first learned I had to have surgery to reattach the complete tear & gain full motion again, but Dr. Pervaiz set my mind at ease. Excellent surgeon!

flag | Submitted January 29, 2018

I had my total replacement shoulder surgery performed by Dr. Pervaiz in November 2016, and was immediately on the road to recovery within days. I'm 63 years-old for reference, and did prepare for the surgery with lightweight exercises and stretching to ensure the best possible path for rehab after the event. The procedure was as advertised, several hours under anesthesia and waking with the shoulder immobilized with the expected "wing" device; one night in the hospital for observation and then home the following morning. Some pain after the nerve block wore-off, but that was expected and fully explained and forecast by Dr. Pervaiz. Only had to use the pain meds for a couple of days -- really more for sleeping and taking the edge off -- but the need ameliorated within a week and just the occasional over-the-counter after that. Stabilizing for sleeping is the biggest challenge that I encountered, finally settling on a recliner with a side pillow for the first week. Rehab and personal commitment to the regimen was key, and the "wing" was gone after the ninth day, reduced to a simple shoulder sling. Stretching every day, rehab three times a week, and in-home exercises for about three months, then gradually stepped down on the rehab visits until completed after five months. Continued with in-home and gym routine since that time and recently had my 1-year evaluation with 100% range of motion and use. Granted, there are some overhead limitations for heavy lifting, but again that was explained prior to the procedure so no surprise there. But everything else -- sleeping, gym machines, light weights, motorcycle, swimming, running, and especially golf are back to normal (or "better than normal" given the deterioration and pain associated with my shoulder before surgery). For golfers -- seriously, this actually improved my swing and strength, probably due to the series of rehab exercises to fully recover the joint and range of use. No fear -- if you and the doctor determine that you need the surgery, pull the trigger and get busy with rehab. I can't over-emphasize how thoroughly pleased I am with Dr. Pervaiz and the outcome from this procedure. I would recommend it without reservation.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2018

Dr. Khurram Pervaiz's response
Thank you so much for your feedback. As you correctly mentioned in your review, rehab and therapy are some of the most critical aspects of recovery after shoulder replacement surgery. I think that patients that read your review will find hope in knowing that they don't need to continue to suffer with shoulder arthritis and if they are motivated and determined, they too can have a great outcome. I am very happy to hear you are doing well and look forward to seeing you at the next visit. Dr Pervaiz

Submitted January 21, 2018

Dr Pervaiz operated on a cyst on my right wrist in 2016. The wrist hurt quite a bit after the surgery. When I spoke to him , he asked me to give it 6 months and return. I was in a lot of pain and having difficulty with normal tasks, including writing. Dr Pervaiz gave me a cortisone injection. It helped for a little while. At this point I wondered why I had proceeded with the surgery since I felt worse. I returned last June. When he asked me how I felt, my response was that I wished I had never had the surgery. Dr Pervaiz became very angry and informed me that the surgery was flawless and my problem was arthritis. His arrogance and hostility surprised me. He became condescending and asked if I wanted another injection or to leave. I should have walked out but I prayed the injection ould give me some relief. I felt humiliated and never returned. Seems like Dr Pervaiz needs some coaching on TLC with patients. I never returned.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2018

Dr. Khurram Pervaiz's response
I truly care about the well-being of all of my patients and strive to provide the best care possible. Based on what I know from your post the pain you feel no must be an unrelated problem such as arthritis. Hand and wrist arthritis can be a very painful condition and can affect daily life activities and can be debilitating. Treatment for arthritis can involve braces, medication, injections, therapy and surgery. I understand you are in pain and unhappy. I will be glad to meet with you to discuss treatment options. Please know that I will use your feedback constructively and I will always be here for you. Thank you Dr Pervaiz

Submitted January 13, 2018

Always met by smiling courteous staff. Dr. Pervaiz takes time to explain injury, and will answer any questions or concerns. You are never rushed.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2018

Very pleased with the care I received. Very professional!

flag | Submitted December 18, 2017

Dr. Pervaiz did such an excellent job in diagnosing my shoulder and performing the needed surgery to fix it, that he made it seem easy! At physical therapy afterwards, I was actually surprised to see that many people with similar conditions to mine had been misdiagnosed by other doctors.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2017

The office of Dr. Parvaiz was outstanding. If you need shoulder surgery, he is the doctor for the job.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2017

Dr. Khurram Pervaiz's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Khurram Pervaiz, M.D. is a board certified Orthopaedic Surgeon who specializes in shoulder, elbow and hand surgery at the Orthopaedic Associates of Central Maryland division. Dr. Pervaiz has completed fellowships in shoulder & elbow surgery as well as hand surgery. He treats all conditions of the upper extremity with a special interest in shoulder joint replacement and revision surgery. He is actively involved in research and education and is a reviewer for the JSES (Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery). Some of his areas of research interest and publication include shoulder arthritis and joint replacement, wrist biomechanics and limited wrist fusion, carpal tunnel syndrome and Dupuytren’s contracture.

• Punjabi language
  • Hindi
  • Urdu
  • English

• Virginia Commonwealth University (Grad. 2010)

• Rotator cuff injury