Ratings for Dr. Khurram Pervaiz

I was referred by a friend to set up an appointment with Dr. Perviaz. I had a skiing accident where I Had 6 fractures to my wrist and hand. Dr. Pervaiz performed the surgery and assured me that I would regain all functions in my hand. Now 3 months out of surgery, Dr. Pervaiz has seen the transition through time and physical therapy to confirm that his promise will come true. I felt that his input to me in that initial meeting was sincere and his concern impressed me and my wife from the very beginning. So, I am thrilled with every part of my association with Dr. Pervaiz and his team which would include the surgical center, the cadre caring for me at the day of surgery, his administrative assistant Kourtney and especially Beth Kozero the physical therapist that Dr. Pervaiz brought into my rehabilitation program. So, bad injury, but a wonderful journey.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2016

Surgery was a complete success and I now have full range of motion in shoulder. Dr Pervaiz and his entire staff are wonderful.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016

This was my first experience (at age 60) with a broken bone (wrist) much less surgery with pins and a plate. As traumatic as the injury was, my experience with Dr. Pervaiz, the Surgery Center, the Office Staff, and the Physical Therapy Staff, Beth especially, was an amazingly positive experience. I knew from the first visit with Dr. Pervaiz that I was in the best of hands. The surgery process went so smoothly; the Surgery Center runs like clockwork and everyone I came into contact with, whether or not they would be caring for me that day, was extremely warm and friendly and encouraging. I wasn't treated like 'just another patient'. They understood that this was a traumatic event for me and did everything they could to make me feel more confident and comfortable. I will always be grateful for the care I was given and would highly recommend this practice and Dr. Pervaiz to anyone requiring orthopedic services.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2016

I had a tendon transfer in my left hand. Dr. Pervaiz was upfront about the length of my recuperation even before I had my surgery. After the surgery I was of course groggy but I actually heard him thank the nurses for " another great day"! I have never hear a surgeon compliment his nursing staff in this manner ! The surgery was a success and after 2 months of physical therapy few months l feel great. I think Dr. Pervaiz is awesome. I enthusiastically recommend him to anyone who has orthopedic needs!!

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

After resisting a shoulder replacement for eight years, Dr. Pervaiz was recommended to me by an orthopedic doctor that is a friend. I was seen promptly, Dr. Pervaiz confirmed the diagnosis, and convinced me that he could help. He patiently answered all my questions, pre and post op, and in followup appointments. My surgery went well, I followed his guidelines for recovery, and I am now pain free and, with the help of physical therapy, regaining functional movement from my shoulder. Dr. Pervaiz's demeanor and rapport is excellent with his patients and his positive manner inspires confidence in his considerable skills as a surgeon. I could not be happier with the results of my surgery. Thank you Dr. Pervaiz and staff.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2016

Dr. Pervaiz performed shoulder surgery in January, 2016. My shoulder pain is gone and my range of motion had returned. I was able to go back to my exercise classes within 4 weeks of my surgery. While I didn't begin using weights immediately, I have been progressing to higher weights each week. Thank you Dr. Pervaiz.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2016

He is excellent :) What a nice guy and a great doctor.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2016

Dr. Pervaiz performed surgery on my son's shoulder after a sports injury. This was the 2nd surgery -- first one by Dr. Pervaiz though. He was excellent. Felt like we were in great hands. My son has recovered well and will be able to play sports again.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2016

Dr. Pervaiz repaired my torn Labrum. He diagnosed the problem quickly and explained the options. I had the surgery in early October and 4 months later I am back to normal...no pain for the first time in a year. This was by far the best experience I have had with any Doctor.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2016

I saw Dr. Pervais by chance as my shoulder was becoming impossible to tolerate and the surgeon I had made an appointment with (more than 2 weeks away) was not available. I could not be happier with the outcome. Dr Pervais immediately diagnosed the problem and confirmed with an MRI I had torn my rotator cuff. I did ask my primary doctor ( I have been seeing him for for almost 25 years and trust his recommendations) if he knew Dr Pervais and I was told I was in excellent hands with one of the very best at this type of surgery. The surgery was scheduled and went smoothly. Everything during the entire process was explained fully and I was always asked if I had any other questions. As it turned out during surgery Dr. Pervais discovered I had also torn my bicep and he made that repair as well. I have just completed the formal physical therapy and I am extremely pleased. The physical therapy is a lot of work if you want to get your range back. Commit and do it. Not fun, but worth the result I hope you never need this surgery, but if you find yourself in that position I would highly recommend you consider Dr. Pervais.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

Dr. Khurram Pervaiz's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Khurram Pervaiz, M.D. is a board certified Orthopaedic Surgeon who specializes in shoulder, elbow and hand surgery at the Orthopaedic Associates of Central Maryland division. Dr. Pervaiz has completed fellowships in shoulder & elbow surgery as well as hand surgery. He treats all conditions of the upper extremity with a special interest in shoulder joint replacement and revision surgery. He is actively involved in research and education and is a reviewer for the JSES (Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery). Some of his areas of research interest and publication include shoulder arthritis and joint replacement, wrist biomechanics and limited wrist fusion, carpal tunnel syndrome and Dupuytren’s contracture.

• Punjabi language
  • Hindi
  • Urdu
  • English

• Virginia Commonwealth University (Grad. 2010)

• Baltimore Magazine Top Doc 2014