You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Khurram Pervaiz

After resisting a shoulder replacement for eight years, Dr. Pervaiz was recommended to me by an orthopedic doctor that is a friend. I was seen promptly, Dr. Pervaiz confirmed the diagnosis, and convinced me that he could help. He patiently answered all my questions, pre and post op, and in followup appointments. My surgery went well, I followed his guidelines for recovery, and I am now pain free and, with the help of physical therapy, regaining functional movement from my shoulder. Dr. Pervaiz's demeanor and rapport is excellent with his patients and his positive manner inspires confidence in his considerable skills as a surgeon. I could not be happier with the results of my surgery. Thank you Dr. Pervaiz and staff.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2016

Dr. Pervaiz performed shoulder surgery in January, 2016. My shoulder pain is gone and my range of motion had returned. I was able to go back to my exercise classes within 4 weeks of my surgery. While I didn't begin using weights immediately, I have been progressing to higher weights each week. Thank you Dr. Pervaiz.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2016

He is excellent :) What a nice guy and a great doctor.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2016

Dr. Pervaiz performed surgery on my son's shoulder after a sports injury. This was the 2nd surgery -- first one by Dr. Pervaiz though. He was excellent. Felt like we were in great hands. My son has recovered well and will be able to play sports again.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2016

Dr. Pervaiz repaired my torn Labrum. He diagnosed the problem quickly and explained the options. I had the surgery in early October and 4 months later I am back to normal...no pain for the first time in a year. This was by far the best experience I have had with any Doctor.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2016

I saw Dr. Pervais by chance as my shoulder was becoming impossible to tolerate and the surgeon I had made an appointment with (more than 2 weeks away) was not available. I could not be happier with the outcome. Dr Pervais immediately diagnosed the problem and confirmed with an MRI I had torn my rotator cuff. I did ask my primary doctor ( I have been seeing him for for almost 25 years and trust his recommendations) if he knew Dr Pervais and I was told I was in excellent hands with one of the very best at this type of surgery. The surgery was scheduled and went smoothly. Everything during the entire process was explained fully and I was always asked if I had any other questions. As it turned out during surgery Dr. Pervais discovered I had also torn my bicep and he made that repair as well. I have just completed the formal physical therapy and I am extremely pleased. The physical therapy is a lot of work if you want to get your range back. Commit and do it. Not fun, but worth the result I hope you never need this surgery, but if you find yourself in that position I would highly recommend you consider Dr. Pervais.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

Dr. Pervaiz and the entire team are first rate. He repaired a fully ruptured tricep tendon after I had a bad fall. Their immediate care facility did the x-ray and diagnosis on a Saturday, surgery was scheduled and carried out quickly and with no negative effects. The follow up care has been outstanding as well. I hope I never have another accident but if I do, I know where I'll go for help.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

I had rotator cuff repair and labrum repair surgery performed by Dr. Pervaiz and I could not be happier with the results. I'm 4 months port surgery and well on my way to a full recovery. Dr. Pervaiz and his entire team were simply awesome.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2016

I had a revision surgery for a rotator cuff repair. There is no comparison between the prior surgery and this one. This experience was outstanding and I am so glad I changed from the other surgeon to Dr. Pervaiz.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2015

Dr Pervaiz repaired my labrum sometime in mid May... here we are in September and I am 100% better. Very professional, helpful and friendly. He will come highly recommended from me.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2015

Dr. Khurram Pervaiz's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Khurram Pervaiz, M.D. is a board certified Orthopaedic Surgeon who specializes in shoulder, elbow and hand surgery at the Orthopaedic Associates of Central Maryland division. Dr. Pervaiz has completed fellowships in shoulder & elbow surgery as well as hand surgery. He treats all conditions of the upper extremity with a special interest in shoulder joint replacement and revision surgery. He is actively involved in research and education and is a reviewer for the JSES (Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery). Some of his areas of research interest and publication include shoulder arthritis and joint replacement, wrist biomechanics and limited wrist fusion, carpal tunnel syndrome and Dupuytren’s contracture.

• Punjabi language
  • Hindi
  • Urdu
  • English

• Virginia Commonwealth University (Grad. 2010)

• Baltimore Magazine Top Doc 2014

Commercial Insurance Company
Coresource
Geha

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After resisting a shoulder replacement for eight years, Dr. Pervaiz was recommended to me by an orthopedic doctor that is a friend. I was seen promptly, Dr. Pe..."

April 22, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Pervaiz performed shoulder surgery in January, 2016. My shoulder pain is gone and my range of motion had returned. I was able to go back to my exercise cl..."

April 21, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He is excellent :) What a nice guy and a great doctor."

March 29, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Pervaiz performed surgery on my son's shoulder after a sports injury. This was the 2nd surgery -- first one by Dr. Pervaiz though. He was excellent. Felt..."

March 14, 2016
  • Website has been updated from "None" to "http://www.mdbonedocs.com/OurProviders/KhurramPervaiz". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "410-644-1880".

March 13, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Pervaiz repaired my torn Labrum. He diagnosed the problem quickly and explained the options. I had the surgery in early October and 4 months later I am b..."

February 19, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr. Pervais by chance as my shoulder was becoming impossible to tolerate and the surgeon I had made an appointment with (more than 2 weeks away) was not a..."

January 14, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Pervaiz and the entire team are first rate. He repaired a fully ruptured tricep tendon after I had a bad fall. Their immediate care facility did the x-ray a..."

January 7, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had rotator cuff repair and labrum repair surgery performed by Dr. Pervaiz and I could not be happier with the results. I'm 4 months port surgery and well ..."

January 5, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a revision surgery for a rotator cuff repair. There is no comparison between the prior surgery and this one. This experience was outstanding and I am so ..."

November 12, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr Pervaiz repaired my labrum sometime in mid May... here we are in September and I am 100% better. Very professional, helpful and friendly. He will come high..."

September 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a labrum tear repaired by Dr. Pervaiz. The level of care Dr. Pervaiz provides is exceptionally high. He is a model professional."

August 21, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a torn rotator cuff and started this process out with a different surgeon. I quickly started to become less and less confident with that surgeon, so I st..."

April 25, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I suffered a bad softball injury to my left shoulder 20 some years ago. Being stubborn, I waited 15 years to do anything. Had the rotator repaired 6 years ago ..."

February 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I actually saw Dr. Pervaiz for a second opinion. Good thing I did because he picked up fragments in the elbow that my first ortho guy missed. Surgery wert ext..."

February 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I initially went to see Dr. Pervaiz for a right shoulder injury. I automatically assumed he would tell me I needed surgery. To my delight, he actually did NOT r..."

December 11, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My family doctor recommended Dr. Pervaiz for my shoulder surgery. He had performed surgery on her son's hand and she was highly complimentary of Dr. Pervaiz. ..."

November 21, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I completely tore my bicep tendon and consulted Dr. Pervaiz based off of reviews. I have never been so nervous because it was the first time that I was really n..."

November 19, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I sought out Dr. Pervaiz for a second opinion concerning shoulder surgery.After meeting Dr. Pervaiz not only did I decide to go ahead with the surgery but I cha..."

November 19, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "May 25th an evening I will remember for a very long time. May 30th a morning I will remember for a very long time. I fell and broke my elbow the Sunday even..."

October 11, 2014