You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Yin H. Lai

The worst doctor we have ever had. Irresponsible and lack of medical knowledge, plus unfriendly staff. First, the doctor does not know what he is doing. We visited his office due to the high blood pressure. The doctor told us "You have high blood pressure now because you are nervous when you see me." We asked: "My blood pressure was very high during the nights when we were not in your office, why?" Doctor Lair's reply: "Don't worry about it. It's normal." Then Dr. Lai spent 30 minutes to explain he is a chief editor of a medical journal and he is very knowledgeable. At the end, he gave us a free copy of the journal, which full of commercials. Dr. Lai's schedule was "fully booked" and we had to see another doctor in a timely manner. We called his office and try to get a copy of our own blood result. The staff told us "we will not release it until you come and see the doctor." I told them I have a high fever and the doctor was "fully booked until next week." I wanted to see another doctor, that was the reason we need our latest blood test result on the file. The front girl told me "that's our policy and we will not release your own blood record to you for another doctor, until you come and see Dr. Lai.". "But Dr. Lai is busy and we can't see him until next week?" The front girl: "This is not a life threaten matter, your blood records show abnormal, and it's our policy not to release your own records to you." I called Medical Board of California and we were informed that The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) gives patients the right to inspect, review and receive a copy of your own records. The front girl told us, "Not sure what is HIPAA, never heard of it. If you want to get a copy of your own blood result, you need to come and see the doctor next week. Or you can fill up a form to request the release of the records to the new doctor, this will take us two weeks to process." "Why your office makes it so difficult for the patients to get their own records, all we ask is a copy of our own latest blood result." The front girl replied "YOU ARE VERY UN-PROFESSIONAL, YOU ARE VERY RUDE. IF YOU NEED TO SEE DOCTOR SOONER, YOU NEED TO CALL A WEEK AGO. " "I wasn't sick last week.", I replied. Front girl: "Don't interrupt me when I am talking. Dr. Lai is a very busy doctor, stop calling us every 15 minutes. I have your number, Dr. Lai will call you when he got a chance." Of course, Dr. Lie (Lai) never called. What a joke, stay away from this doctor.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2015

I love Dr. Lai. He is a wonderful compassionate doctor. He HAS been my doctor for about 10yrs now. He has always been very caring and helpful and thorough every time I have seen him. He is very approachable and easy to talk to, which I have found isn't very easy to find a good doctor with those qualities. He has a great sense of humor also, which is a definite + in my book! His staff is also great! They have good attitudes and treat u with respect. I would and have recommended Dr. Lai to anyone looking for a great doctor!

flag | Submitted December 22, 2014

Dr Yin Lai has been my doctor for 20 years. He is one of the finest doctors you can have, with great knowledge, compassion, and does not rush you out of the office. I highly recommend Dr Lai for your primary doctor. He is one of the finest in the Pomona/Upland area. I hope he stays practicing for many years to come.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2012

I HAVE KNOWEN DR. LAI FOR 20 YEARS HE HADS BEEN MY DR. AND FRIEND. ON A ONE TO 10 SCALE HE IS A 10

flag | Submitted September 7, 2011

Dr Lai has been m family doctor for over 20 years. It's hard to find a dr that will sit down with you and explain your diagnosis.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2009

Dr. Yin H. Lai's Credentials

• Taipei Med Coll, Taipei, Taiwan (385-04 Prior 1/71) (Grad. 1968)

Updates

• A new 2-star rating has been posted. "The worst doctor we have ever had. Irresponsible and lack of medical knowledge, plus unfriendly staff. First, the doctor does not know what he is doing. ..."

September 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I love Dr. Lai. He is a wonderful compassionate doctor. He HAS been my doctor for about 10yrs now. He has always been very caring and helpful and thorough every..."

December 22, 2014
  • First Name changed from "Yin" to "Yin H."

October 20, 2013