Ratings for Dr. Wilson N. Otero

This doctor now works in Roswell, NM The staff was fine but This 'DOCTOR' was an idiot. The doctor asked what medicine HE should prescribe.. what actually doctor asks that, shouldn't he know? He was really not knowledgeable at all. He also will not continue services (even being in pain) and abandon you, while not even making a referral to someone else if he doesn't like you. Be cautious, he may just try to take your copay if you don't demand a refund.. very unethical doctor!

flag | Submitted November 29, 2016

This dr. appears to be friendly but only spends a few minutes with you. Doesn't stick around to answer questions. Unprofessional when it comes to procedures in the hospital. Doesn't try & help you with other options like trying a different medicine. On the discharge paper from the hospital, he doesn't een list your medicine. He just says take prior medicine. Doesn't take biopsies. Does not come out & talk to the family. He's out for the buck but not interested in your health. 2 Gastrologist in BHC & both og them are lousy. Go to Vegas if you want the right diagnosis. We need good dr.s out here.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2014

Nice friendly dr. who cares about his patients and tries to help

flag | Submitted November 1, 2014

Had a horrendous experience with Dr Otero and his nurse. After a push - us - through 1st appointment, we canceled the first scheduled colonoscopy due to very confusing and rude directions. After emergency symptoms and a call from our primary Doctor to actual get the procedure scheduled, my husband unfortunately had a colonoscopy by Dr Otero. (His nurse first informed us that there were no openings on the next date that Dr Otero performed colonoscopies. We never got a call back. Our primary Doctor had to intervene to get us on the schedule! Dr Otero diagnosed my husband with colon cancer. We sought additional testing and found that the colonoscopy that Dr Otero performed was "incomplete" and the report wrong!! My husband had to be scheduled for a 2nd colonoscopy and surgery for a softball sized tumor. We thank God everyday that we sought a 2nd opinion. We Will NEVER return and will recommend that Everyone stays FAR AWAY from this Doctor and his nurse!

flag | Submitted July 25, 2014

Very upfront with his opinion. Found him to have a very friendly personality.explained my condition in detail.I will go back to him and recommend him to others

flag | Submitted May 29, 2014

I appreciated this physicians straight forward answers to my questions and how he didn't want to just do unnecessary procedures first.He listened and gave me his honest opinion.I was given all the necessary information for me to make an informed decision on my care.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2014

I went on follow up visit with Dr. Wilson Otero for my CRONHs disease on 4/2/14. I presented a note from my primary doctor regarding treatment options. Dr. Otero talked down to me and told me my primary doctors note to him was "a poor, pitiful me story". He then asked if I was "retarded" and told me I "do whatever I want with my medications". I have always complied with my medications. On a previous visit I asked if my mother could come in to the appointment with me, he told me "I can't always be on my mother's tit". I would not recommend Dr. Otero to anyone and I will be seeking services from another doctor.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2014

Doctor was very helpful and went over everything in extensive detail. He was very polite. I was pleased that he didnt just want to do unnecessary procedures on me that I didnt need like a lot of other physicians do. I appreciated his honesty.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2013

Have had problems with intestines for years. Wanted to explain what tests, procedures, etc. that I have been through. He would not listen to me at all. Asked me what one of my arthritis drugs that I am on was. He left the room and I could hear him asking his secretary to look up the med on the internet. Came back into the room and told me that the medicine is the problem. I told him that if he would have listened to me, I would have told him that I had the problem before I was on that med. After five minutes of asking questions and interrupting me before I could even start to answer, he told me that I need to go to a doctor that has more knowledge than he has. WOW! What is this guy even doing in a practice?

flag | Submitted February 11, 2013

I took my son to see him because he has struggled with gastro problems for 15 yrs. Dr walked into room and said he looked like a healthy young male. We explained his daily vomiting, weakness etc. He said you are young, deal with it! After talking with a fellow co worker, they had the same experience. Quack.Quack!

flag | Submitted January 15, 2013

Dr. Wilson N. Otero's Credentials

• Temple University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1977)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Bullhead City, AZ