You may also like

Rate Dr. Leanna Plug

Dr. Leanna Plug's Ratings

Dr. Plug is professional, knowledgeable and very friendly and kind. She's also great with kids! The front desk staff is friendly, but very disorganized, and they don't always seem to know what they are doing or how important it is to get details correct. Hopefully Dr. Plug's work ethic will rub off on them in time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2884162].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 3, 2015

Dr Plug deserves a 10! And so do her staff! :o) I went in with my husband, too ill for new lenses myself. I was urged to at least book for an exam because it had been too many years. I did and all was as expected and this is where Dr. Plug really shone. She said, "I have to do something for you!" She is so sweet and kind, and passionate about what she does. My eye sight was so poor from inflammation with the ball shape changing constantly through the day. She said, "I know! I'm going to gave you monocular contacts!" What!?? She explained what this meant. Needless to say, I was skeptical -- contacts on dry eyes, that changed shape? Well, aren't I tickled pink. These lenses are so soft they sooth my dry eyeballs and I'm not squinting from slight air movement, which I never realized I was until I had these protective shields on them. She took my weak eye and made it close up and my strong eye for distance and now my weak eye actually does work! I couldn't hug her and her wonderful staff enough. I bought some really pretty non-Rx sunglasses just because I finally could. I will especially wear the lenses when I garden or on windy days, which we are having a lot of. My vision can only come so far but this relief and freedom was so unexpected. And my husband has terrific Rx sunglasses with a really high astigmatism it was a tough find. They took the time to search, and even found me a old-fashioned style of saddle-bridge eyeglasses which I haven't found in 20 years! With no nose-pads to burn my skin, this is the only style I can wear on my fragile skin (though now I can go without!) The ones they found were so pretty and large enough that I could make them bifocal and then we added the tinting transitional feature when they go outside. It felt like Christmas.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2853986].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 1, 2015

She is a very professional lady and explained everything to me, which I don't often get. I will stay a patient of hers as long as I am alive. She is just excellent and I thought she was marvelous.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2818494].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

I have never had a more throughly explained eye exam. Dr. Plug isn't interested in getting you in and getting you out. She took the time to explain everything clearly and concise.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2765916].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 3, 2015

I would recommend Dr Plug to anyone I cared about, very friendly, knowledgeable and sincere the best I have been to out of 5 in nanaimo

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2588025].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 21, 2014

Appointment was right on time, very thorough examination. Answered all my questions, you will leave the appointment knowing you've been well cared for by someone who is very professional and that you can be comfortable with.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2472099].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 24, 2014

Dr. Plug was extremely caring and very knowledgeable . She was me on an emergency basis for a possible detached retina and was very methodical and reassuring. I saw her again 2 months later after a fall caused trauma to the other eye. She checks everything and leaves nothing to chance. I walk away with full confidence in her findings. I would recommend her to everyone and anyone!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][44052].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 15, 2014

I thoroughly enjoy watching someone who loves their work. Dr. Plug also explained things well. Although my eyes have been relatively stable of the last couple of decades, she detected enough of a change to really make a difference in the sight I get with the new glasses. The attendant who ran me through the first few tests was so remote she failed to acknowledge my existence. It was quite a pleasant change when I met Dr. Plug.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][44051].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 28, 2014

She is awesome! Made sure I received the attention and care necessary for my rather rare eye condition (which she also diagnosed).

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][44049].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 12, 2014

Very,very thorough,Attentative and everything is explained to you. You depart the office knowing you've been cared for by someone you can be comfortable with and trust.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][44050].votes_count ]]