You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Leanna Plug

The front end staff were very friendly and receptive. Dr. Plug was thorough and friendly and listened carefully to what I had to say and responded to it thoroughly. She assessed my eyes with and gave me better than satisfactory diagnosis. Thank goodness we have an optometrist like Dr. Plug in Nanaimo. The next stage was handled beautifully by Carolin and charmed both my wife and myself. We're so glad we found Eye Care Nanaimo and Dr. Plug.

Submitted January 19, 2016

I had to wait an extended period of time past my scheduled appointment to have my exam. Dr. Plug seemed more interested in selling me glasses, than conducting a thorough exam. She seemed to talk more about herself than ask me questions. I hoping my prescription is correct. Maybe she was having a bad day? There are two other doctors there. I will book with one them next time. On a plus note the staff were very outgoing and knowledgeable about everything. They apologized for my extended wait for my exam, and answered all my questions.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2015

Dr. Plug is professional, knowledgeable and very friendly and kind. She's also great with kids! The front desk staff is friendly, but very disorganized, and they don't always seem to know what they are doing or how important it is to get details correct. Hopefully Dr. Plug's work ethic will rub off on them in time.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2015

Dr Plug deserves a 10! And so do her staff! :o) I went in with my husband, too ill for new lenses myself. I was urged to at least book for an exam because it had been too many years. I did and all was as expected and this is where Dr. Plug really shone. She said, "I have to do something for you!" She is so sweet and kind, and passionate about what she does. My eye sight was so poor from inflammation with the ball shape changing constantly through the day. She said, "I know! I'm going to gave you monocular contacts!" What!?? She explained what this meant. Needless to say, I was skeptical -- contacts on dry eyes, that changed shape? Well, aren't I tickled pink. These lenses are so soft they sooth my dry eyeballs and I'm not squinting from slight air movement, which I never realized I was until I had these protective shields on them. She took my weak eye and made it close up and my strong eye for distance and now my weak eye actually does work! I couldn't hug her and her wonderful staff enough. I bought some really pretty non-Rx sunglasses just because I finally could. I will especially wear the lenses when I garden or on windy days, which we are having a lot of. My vision can only come so far but this relief and freedom was so unexpected. And my husband has terrific Rx sunglasses with a really high astigmatism it was a tough find. They took the time to search, and even found me a old-fashioned style of saddle-bridge eyeglasses which I haven't found in 20 years! With no nose-pads to burn my skin, this is the only style I can wear on my fragile skin (though now I can go without!) The ones they found were so pretty and large enough that I could make them bifocal and then we added the tinting transitional feature when they go outside. It felt like Christmas.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2015

She is a very professional lady and explained everything to me, which I don't often get. I will stay a patient of hers as long as I am alive. She is just excellent and I thought she was marvelous.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

I have never had a more throughly explained eye exam. Dr. Plug isn't interested in getting you in and getting you out. She took the time to explain everything clearly and concise.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2015

flag | Submitted October 21, 2014

Appointment was right on time, very thorough examination. Answered all my questions, you will leave the appointment knowing you've been well cared for by someone who is very professional and that you can be comfortable with.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2014

Dr. Plug was extremely caring and very knowledgeable . She was me on an emergency basis for a possible detached retina and was very methodical and reassuring. I saw her again 2 months later after a fall caused trauma to the other eye. She checks everything and leaves nothing to chance. I walk away with full confidence in her findings. I would recommend her to everyone and anyone!

flag | Submitted March 15, 2014

I thoroughly enjoy watching someone who loves their work. Dr. Plug also explained things well. Although my eyes have been relatively stable of the last couple of decades, she detected enough of a change to really make a difference in the sight I get with the new glasses. The attendant who ran me through the first few tests was so remote she failed to acknowledge my existence. It was quite a pleasant change when I met Dr. Plug.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2014

Dr. Leanna Plug's Credentials

• Pacific University - College Of Optometry (Grad. 2012)

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "The front end staff were very friendly and receptive. Dr. Plug was thorough and friendly and listened carefully to what I had to say and responded to it thoro..."

January 19, 2016
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "I had to wait an extended period of time past my scheduled appointment to have my exam. Dr. Plug seemed more interested in selling me glasses, than conducting ..."

October 16, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Plug is professional, knowledgeable and very friendly and kind. She's also great with kids! The front desk staff is friendly, but very disorganized, and the..."

August 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Plug deserves a 10! And so do her staff! :o) I went in with my husband, too ill for new lenses myself. I was urged to at least book for an exam because it ha..."

July 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "She is a very professional lady and explained everything to me, which I don't often get. I will stay a patient of hers as long as I am alive. She is just exce..."

May 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have never had a more throughly explained eye exam. Dr. Plug isn't interested in getting you in and getting you out. She took the time to explain everything..."

April 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I would recommend Dr Plug to anyone I cared about, very friendly, knowledgeable and sincere the best I have been to out of 5 in nanaimo"

October 21, 2014
  • Accepting New Patients changed to "Y"

September 12, 2012