Ratings for Dr. E. M. Sheperd

I've not seen a dentist in 15 yrs. due to severe dental phobia from childhood. (I finally gave in to my girlfriend's urging, because of a severe toothache, to go see her dentist whom she claimed is the "Dental God") The doc. and staff went far out of their way to ensure I was comfortable and offered to put me out if I felt it necessary. Over a three day period I had 2 teeth removed, full sets of x-rays, complete teeth cleaning and fluoride treatment. I do not have dental insurance and the doctor and staff only did what was necessary, while also keeping me fully informed about my options and extra services available without being "hard sell"! He is also on 24hr. call with a LIVE answering service! Didn't know doctors did that anymore. On a side note, the teeth were removed because they where unrepairable and he was as surprised as I was that I had no cavities. This shows his honesty as well.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2012