Ratings for Dr. Lica Chui

Very happy with Dr. Chui. She is so very gentle and I have never experienced any discomfort. Would highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2018

For many yrs she treated my mother for ARMD w injections, standard in industry. HOWEVER, when my mother called to inquire about extreme discomfort following a treatment, was told to merely rinse eye w saline. When I later contacted Dr, she prescribed antibiotic over the phone w/o seeing patient and said to NOT come for office visit. Acute horrific infection ensued, and my mother suffered 5!! retinal detachments w surgeries and now has NO vision whatsoever in that eye. How did DR. Chui respond? With a sad-faced emoji! Seriously??? STAY AWAY!

flag | Submitted February 28, 2018

Horrible doctor! She was rude and sarcastic when I asked questions. I actually think her poor treatment caused me to have complications later. She overbooks patients and it becomes standing room only. Her eye apparatus are not clean because I ended up with a bacterial eye infection after an appointment. Stay away fr this dr!!

flag | Submitted January 29, 2018

This is a very rude and uncaring Dr. She gave my mother eye injections without any kind of freezing because my mother didn't want an extra needle to inject freezing. The other Dr that comes uses a topical freezing. She made huge fuss that my mother didn't know the name of the eye drops that she needed a prescription for and then wrote the name down. She was most unprofessional and disrespectful

flag | Submitted January 25, 2018

Eye doctor got me quick into Dr. Chui's 'cause I go blind in one of my eyes. So many old old old people in waiting room! Dr. Chui saw me (problem...waiting 2 hours) and right away, said I needed injection to eye. I'm so scared but she and girls calmed me. I no feel needle at all. My vision is back! People who complain here are not going blind.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2018

She is fantastic. Helped me understand my eye disease and return my vision back to normal with laser to the back of my eye. I just can’t understand why her reviews are so awful. I post because staff are rude AF, doesn’t cost to smile, people!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2018

Her tone can be condescending at times and quite impatient. The staff are nice and helpful except for one of them who was quite rude.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2017

Rude and condescending physician, rude staff, steer clear

flag | Submitted November 29, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Chui for several years now. She's a nice doctor, but the wait time is completely unacceptable. I have been waiting for 1.5 hours and I can see how frustrated the other patients are. This will be my last appointment....I would suggest finding another Ophthalmologist!!

flag | Submitted September 20, 2017

Very caring retina doctor in Vancouver ... speaks perfect English and ok Chinese. I have been going to her now for 3 years, and every year, she has nice staff and efficient flow. She is no nonsense - tells it like it is. Whipped my diabetes into shape. She practices what she preaches about proper eating and living. Con - not usually on time.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2017