Ratings for Dr. Lica Chui

Eye doctor got me quick into Dr. Chui's 'cause I go blind in one of my eyes. So many old old old people in waiting room! Dr. Chui saw me (problem...waiting 2 hours) and right away, said I needed injection to eye. I'm so scared but she and girls calmed me. I no feel needle at all. My vision is back! People who complain here are not going blind.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2018

She is fantastic. Helped me understand my eye disease and return my vision back to normal with laser to the back of my eye. I just can’t understand why her reviews are so awful. I post because staff are rude AF, doesn’t cost to smile, people!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2018

Her tone can be condescending at times and quite impatient. The staff are nice and helpful except for one of them who was quite rude.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2017

Rude and condescending physician, rude staff, steer clear

flag | Submitted November 29, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Chui for several years now. She's a nice doctor, but the wait time is completely unacceptable. I have been waiting for 1.5 hours and I can see how frustrated the other patients are. This will be my last appointment....I would suggest finding another Ophthalmologist!!

flag | Submitted September 20, 2017

Very caring retina doctor in Vancouver ... speaks perfect English and ok Chinese. I have been going to her now for 3 years, and every year, she has nice staff and efficient flow. She is no nonsense - tells it like it is. Whipped my diabetes into shape. She practices what she preaches about proper eating and living. Con - not usually on time.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2017

4th time here with my mom. What a FN joke. Wait time 1.5-2 hrs every time.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

It is 930am and of the 19 seats in the waiting room 2 are empty with 4 people standing. What a gong show. We've been waiting for 30 min so far.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

Her staff never told me when booking the appt. I would have to be in the office for two hours. Said they "normally" call their patients a week before to inform them but they didn't call me. Very unprofessional, I would steer clear.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2017

Dr Chui is aggressive, rude & pushy. I went for a check up and she force me to get a laser treatment done. Her staff would call me and harass me to go in and get the laser done. She wouldn't explain and if you question her she gets very mad and gives a lot of attitude. Her staff were also rude and with attitude. I felt pushed by her and her staff to get the laser done which I wonder why... she is not caring at all and definitely not a professional but a money maker. I wouldn't recommend her at all. Go to a dr who is willing to educate you and offer you information and lets you decide at the end instead of forcing you to anything just so she can make money.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017