Ratings for Dr. Lica Chui

Dr. Chui knows her field very well. Even though she operates an "assembly line" office and has an incredible number of patients, each one is dealt with in a professional manner. What else do you want in a Doctor?

flag | Submitted August 25, 2016

Thank you so much for your help Dr Chui - you're very kind!

flag | Submitted March 17, 2016

Dr. Chui is amazing. I brought my mum to see her, after seeing 2 other diabetes eye doctors before. My mother only has 1 eye that works. It's failing and we don't want to lose it. We heard about experimental diabetes eye treatment and have a lot of questions. Dr. Chui called me to talk, on a Friday night, for 1 hour, about news from the National Institute of Health's diabetes research team. New stuff to stop people from going blind. She was at the meeting in Florida at that time and remembered us to let us know the newest info...the same night so she wouldn't forget. I'm so touched.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2016

Had my first visit with the doctor and she seemed cold and done and didn't want to spend slot of time answering questions. I spoke to others with the same condition and their doctors are using more advanced treatments but not this doctor.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016

Horrible experience, she was not friendly and you could tell she was just too busy to care about each patient. I will be avoiding her at all costs.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2015

Dr Chui and staff are the nicest you will get. They are very busy and treat many serious eye problems. Many patients are Diabetic. I have the best confidence in Dr.Chui looking after my vision.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2014

Dr. Chui helped me a lot with my eye problem. I had fuzzy vision for many months which could not be explained by my other doctors, before being referred to Dr. Chui. She diagnosed me with inflammation and swelling in my retina. I started powerful pills (steroids!) which need follow up by an Internist. They make me feel hyper, hungry and strange but I got my vision back! I have to stay on them until I get better. She was very reassuring. The staff are nice. Dr. Chui is never on time because so many people want to see her, but I would gladly wait to get her care. She knew I had serious problems!

flag | Submitted September 21, 2013

I asked her about the drug she prescribed which was causing dizzy spells and how long I would be on it. I was told if I did not follow her instructions she would not treat me. The experienced Doctor colleague who I was supposed to be seeing returned and he took me off the med confused as to why I was on it. Then I was again returned as her patient and every time I asked a question she would say something about not treating me if I questioned her. I went blind shortly after being returned to normal eye care. My current doctor says I should have been monitored every 4 months and never released like this. Judge for yourself. I wish I had pursued this at a formal level of complaint. Ask questions even if a doctor won't treat you. Some of them are not good.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2013

I, have had DR, chui many times for eye injection IN east KOOTENAY hospital, I LIKE HER VERY MUCH, wHEN I GO TO admitting I ALWAYS ASK , which dr,, dO I HAVE TODAY , wHEN THEY sAY dr, cHUI , I SAY gOOD , I LIKE HER,

flag | Submitted June 27, 2013