Ratings for Dr. Lica Chui

The most horrible experience of my life. She was very cold, rude and forceful. She would not answer my questions without her snapping at me . She pinned my head back and pulled my eyes open with force and poured drops in my eyes. When I asked her to be more gentle she became more forceful and was speaking to me in a scolding way. She put this object on my eyes and pushed with such force it hurt, while the whole time scolding me and speaking to me as if I don't do as she says she will be more forceful. I can't even explain the trauma that she has caused me. She acted like she could not bother to be nice. I do not recommend this Dr. unless you want to be tortured.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

Dr. Chui is just amazing ! When she first told me I would require shots of avasten in my eye I was terrified . She made it so very easy and is so kind and understanding . I've been going to her for 8 years and have to travel a great distance to see her. But I wouldn't have it any other way. She saved me from going blind.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2016

Her appointments are never on time. Many of her clients are elderly and it's difficult for them to be waiting around for sometimes 2+ hours. Her staff is pleasant and she knows her stuff, but she overbooks her patients. You walk in and there are like 25 people ahead of you.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2016

Dr. Chui knows her field very well. Even though she operates an "assembly line" office and has an incredible number of patients, each one is dealt with in a professional manner. What else do you want in a Doctor?

flag | Submitted August 25, 2016

Thank you so much for your help Dr Chui - you're very kind!

flag | Submitted March 17, 2016

Dr. Chui is amazing. I brought my mum to see her, after seeing 2 other diabetes eye doctors before. My mother only has 1 eye that works. It's failing and we don't want to lose it. We heard about experimental diabetes eye treatment and have a lot of questions. Dr. Chui called me to talk, on a Friday night, for 1 hour, about news from the National Institute of Health's diabetes research team. New stuff to stop people from going blind. She was at the meeting in Florida at that time and remembered us to let us know the newest info...the same night so she wouldn't forget. I'm so touched.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2016

Had my first visit with the doctor and she seemed cold and done and didn't want to spend slot of time answering questions. I spoke to others with the same condition and their doctors are using more advanced treatments but not this doctor.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016

Horrible experience, she was not friendly and you could tell she was just too busy to care about each patient. I will be avoiding her at all costs.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2015

Dr Chui and staff are the nicest you will get. They are very busy and treat many serious eye problems. Many patients are Diabetic. I have the best confidence in Dr.Chui looking after my vision.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2014

Dr. Chui helped me a lot with my eye problem. I had fuzzy vision for many months which could not be explained by my other doctors, before being referred to Dr. Chui. She diagnosed me with inflammation and swelling in my retina. I started powerful pills (steroids!) which need follow up by an Internist. They make me feel hyper, hungry and strange but I got my vision back! I have to stay on them until I get better. She was very reassuring. The staff are nice. Dr. Chui is never on time because so many people want to see her, but I would gladly wait to get her care. She knew I had serious problems!

flag | Submitted September 21, 2013