Ratings for Dr. Lica Chui

I have been seeing Dr. Chui for several years now. She's a nice doctor, but the wait time is completely unacceptable. I have been waiting for 1.5 hours and I can see how frustrated the other patients are. This will be my last appointment....I would suggest finding another Ophthalmologist!!

flag | Submitted September 20, 2017

Very caring retina doctor in Vancouver ... speaks perfect English and ok Chinese. I have been going to her now for 3 years, and every year, she has nice staff and efficient flow. She is no nonsense - tells it like it is. Whipped my diabetes into shape. She practices what she preaches about proper eating and living. Con - not usually on time.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2017

4th time here with my mom. What a FN joke. Wait time 1.5-2 hrs every time.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

It is 930am and of the 19 seats in the waiting room 2 are empty with 4 people standing. What a gong show. We've been waiting for 30 min so far.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

Her staff never told me when booking the appt. I would have to be in the office for two hours. Said they "normally" call their patients a week before to inform them but they didn't call me. Very unprofessional, I would steer clear.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2017

Dr Chui is aggressive, rude & pushy. I went for a check up and she force me to get a laser treatment done. Her staff would call me and harass me to go in and get the laser done. She wouldn't explain and if you question her she gets very mad and gives a lot of attitude. Her staff were also rude and with attitude. I felt pushed by her and her staff to get the laser done which I wonder why... she is not caring at all and definitely not a professional but a money maker. I wouldn't recommend her at all. Go to a dr who is willing to educate you and offer you information and lets you decide at the end instead of forcing you to anything just so she can make money.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

Assembly line of patients is an understatement. Waiting for an hour and 20 minutes and told there are still 4 people ahead. I believe a report to The College of Physicians and Surgeons is in order.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2017

Been going since she took over office from previous Dr. Very very good Dr. Tells you like it is.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2017

If a patient said she was feeling pain during her laser procedure, a doctor would stop, but this doctor didn't stop and continued the procedure for 5 more minutes. After the procedure was done, the patient was in so much pain that she could barely get up. Avoid this doctor, she is rude and would think you are annoying if you continue to ask her questions.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2017

I will never go back. Waited 1 1/2 hours and only saw her for 10 min. Wasted my time.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2017