Ratings for Dr. Justin Petryk

Hands down best psychiatrist ever. And a hottie too!

flag | Submitted May 19, 2018

Dr. Petryk is an amazing Doctor as well as person. I've been a patient of his for about 5 years now, and can honestly say he has been the best Dr I've ever had.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2018

I've been trying for years to get the kind of help Dr Petryk has finally been understanding enough and knowledgeable enough to provide. My quality of life has gone up and I attribute a good portion of this to him and his expertise.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2016

To Dr. Petryk, other staff and security, I was recently taken to the Misericordia Hospital by the EPS under false pretence. I am so frustrated by individuals claiming to be professionals and just asuming the worst. This is my story and the whole story and nothing but the truth. I have been on a knew antidepressant since September or October 2015. Apparently my dosage was a little too high for me and since I don't have a psychiatrist anymore to monitor my medication I didn't know. I only took the regular dosage. I DID NOT OVERDOSE. When I took my regular dosage Saturday May 14, 2016 it had put me in a deep sleep for two whole days. No joking. People tried to get a hold of me and I was in such a deep sleep I couldn't hear my phone at all. When it came to the Monday late afternoon still nobody could get a hold of me. I still was not hearing my phone. So someone then called the EPS to check on me. Apparently the EPS rang my doorbell a few times. I didn't even hear that. I am also hearing impaired in both ears. So an officer kicked in my back door in which with that sound I did finally hear. Since I haven't eaten or had any fluid In the two days I slept I was very disoriented. You need to feed the brain to function. But the EMS as well as the EPS thought I was just being uncooperative. I was then under the Mental Health Act. The EMS as well as the EPS and the staff at the hospital all assumed I over dosed. You try not eating or drinking anything for two days and see how you can function. I DID NOT OVERDOSE. Got it. I am sick and tired of professionals thinking they know everything. Guess what? You don't know everything. Stop assuming. And I'm sick and tired of not having the chance to explain my side of the story. But that is going to change from now on. This is the whole friggin truth. Since that time I have realized it may have been my medication so I decreased. That also happened a few months ago when I slept for three whole days. So I decreased it then too. And each time I didn't wake up for anything. I even didn't have to use the washroom. And I didn't wet the bed. So I DID NOT OVERDOSE. I am really frustrated by not getting a chance to tell my side. Now you have it.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2016

I see Dr. Petryk for maintenance of my condition. He is helpful, and has a great bedside manner. He takes my self-evaluation seriously, is thoughtful and up to date in his field. In all, he is professional, approachable and one of the best psychiatrists I have been treated by.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

Love this guy. Super professional and very accommodating

flag | Submitted December 7, 2015

This doctor is young and new, but very up to date on everything. Super kind and not hard on the eyes either.... Knows his stuff. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2014

Phenomenal doctor. He's helped me so much with my struggles with Dysphoria

flag | Submitted October 16, 2014

After trying to get in with Dr. Simpson based on a recommendation from the treatment center I just left. Dr. Petryk was willing to take me on for medication maintence. Even though he doesnt see alot of patients as he is the psychiatrist for the hospital. I was so gratefu to finally find a psychiatrist with actual bedside manner that I could open up to and trust. Trust me there are not alot! He listens, seems like he actually cares, knows his stuff and upto date on relevant medical issyes. Put in referral to day therapy program for me at Grey nuns. I ended up leaving after 2 weeks because the psychiatrist there was the most unprofessional person I have ever met. But it was my decision to choose that over you of a cause of wait time and location. Helped get me add on new medications to help my symptoms. Seen me in emergency room when I went in cause I wanted to kill myself. Has written forms/forms on request to give to VAC. Staff super friendly as well.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2013

Dr. Petryk is kind caring and helpful, especially helpful with G.I.D. I'm extremely happy to have him on my side!

flag | Submitted February 27, 2013