Ratings for Dr. Justin Petryk

Dr. Petryk is a godsend! Been seeing him for gender dysphoria for about a year now and he has been a great support, even addressing my mental health issues not related to being transgender. I really appreciate how educated he is, he seems to pick up on things very well. He's also very skilled at tailoring his method of care to suit the person he's treating. I actually look forward to my appointments with him and feel very lucky to have such a great person as my advocate for my transition.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2018

Was referred to Dr Petryk as part of my transition process. Wait list is very long for new patients (about 19 mos. for me before I was scheduled for an appointment), but given that he's taken over for Dr Warneke now that the latter is retired, it's to be expected. At the beginning of the year I was scheduled for a mid-year appointment, but got a call back notification of a cancellation and so got in within about a week of receiving my initial call! Dr Petryk is a very patient, and very practical. Anyone who might comment that he comes off as 'uncaring' or 'cold' are being overly dramatic. Personally, I found him to be very friendly and informative, and his doctor-to-patient manner is appropriate of his field. He helped me connect with an endocrinologist who was able to get me in quickly to start on HRT, he's helped me get in touch with a OB/GYN who will hopefully be doing my hysto, and I am forever thankful to him for changing my life.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2018

Hands down best psychiatrist ever. And a hottie too!

flag | Submitted May 19, 2018

Dr. Petryk is an amazing Doctor as well as person. I've been a patient of his for about 5 years now, and can honestly say he has been the best Dr I've ever had.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2018

I've been trying for years to get the kind of help Dr Petryk has finally been understanding enough and knowledgeable enough to provide. My quality of life has gone up and I attribute a good portion of this to him and his expertise.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2016

I see Dr. Petryk for maintenance of my condition. He is helpful, and has a great bedside manner. He takes my self-evaluation seriously, is thoughtful and up to date in his field. In all, he is professional, approachable and one of the best psychiatrists I have been treated by.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

Love this guy. Super professional and very accommodating

flag | Submitted December 7, 2015

This doctor is young and new, but very up to date on everything. Super kind and not hard on the eyes either.... Knows his stuff. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2014

Phenomenal doctor. He's helped me so much with my struggles with Dysphoria

flag | Submitted October 16, 2014

After trying to get in with Dr. Simpson based on a recommendation from the treatment center I just left. Dr. Petryk was willing to take me on for medication maintence. Even though he doesnt see alot of patients as he is the psychiatrist for the hospital. I was so gratefu to finally find a psychiatrist with actual bedside manner that I could open up to and trust. Trust me there are not alot! He listens, seems like he actually cares, knows his stuff and upto date on relevant medical issyes. Put in referral to day therapy program for me at Grey nuns. I ended up leaving after 2 weeks because the psychiatrist there was the most unprofessional person I have ever met. But it was my decision to choose that over you of a cause of wait time and location. Helped get me add on new medications to help my symptoms. Seen me in emergency room when I went in cause I wanted to kill myself. Has written forms/forms on request to give to VAC. Staff super friendly as well.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2013