Ratings for Dr. Alan Lam

This was not a good experience. My first consultation was good but that is all. I wasn't very well informed about my operation, then I was in extreme pain after and was refused the pain relief that I got during my first operation which was sufficient. He then consulted me the next morning, saying I must leave to go home, even though I couldn't walk or move. He kept telling me the pain was in my head, even though it was not and they found large amounts of endometriosis. He is extremely patronising, doesn't listen to your needs and wants, has absolutely no bed side manner. I am a 20 year old girl suffering immensely from endometriosis, and it does not help when your surgeon doesn't provide sympathy or guidance. My scars were messier then my first operation who was done with a different surgeon and bruised which I found inconsiderate of him, as being a young girl, I want clean scars as I feel embarrassed and vulnerable with this disease in the first place. I was put back in hospital with pain a week later and he continued to tell me the pain was in my head, then said he would write me a script for pain, then left the hospital and did not write the script even though he was my prescribing doctor and made this promise. So I had to wait even more hours in the hospital for a different doctor to come from an emergency just to write me a script that my expensive surgeon should of written me. I feel upset, vulnerable, uninformed and talked down on by him and wouldn't recommend it. This disease is already hard enough to live with and women should deal with someone who is caring, compassionate and listens actively.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2017

Always running late and no people skills. But surgery went ok.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

Dr Lam is knowledgable and I understand he is an excellent surgeon. I felt very misunderstood and it was difficult to collaborate with him on any treatment options. I suffer from a difficult-to-manage but very debilitating condition and have found it better to pursue treatment under someone who relates better to my needs.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

Although I highly appreciate the time taken to consult me I don't feel that he listened or understood why I was there to see him even though I was pretty clear and had travelled a long way after doing much research and being quite aware of my condition.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2016

Had Cervical cancer, in 2000, Prof Lam operated, and no need for any ongoing therapy due to knowledge, accurate assessment, and skilled surgery. Now have two beautiful kids. If I ever had any further issues, or knew anyone with issues in this area, would highly recommend seeing him. Only issue was staff were just okay and, he is very busy, so was late to some appointments, but what doctor isn't these days

flag | Submitted January 23, 2015

He talks in a rhythmical style and is just odd. This review has nothing to do with the fact he is an OBGYN. He did not listen to me nor my questions. His physical examination was not thorough and he got me to lift my bottom so gravity was reversed, which of course makes everything seem better. My problem was surgically complicated and he made absolutely no attempt to help me. His waiting times are ridiculous and at the end of the consultation he just walked out the door and left me there stunned. I then saw another OBGYN who disagreed with his opinion on the matter I had seen him about. This is a person who has no bedside manner and questionable skills.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2014