Ratings for Dr. Alan Lam

Dr Lam has treated me for fibroid operations over the last 4years and is an amazing,kind knowledgeable,surgeon with the kindest bed side manner,he has changed my life and given me the opportunity to now do an embryo donation in Greece.If it was for his expertise,I would of had a hysterectomy by now.I am now 47 and will be forever grateful for what he has done to make it possible to have a baby.I am not sure why anyone would give a average review about Dr Lam he is fantastic,always so kind,talks to you like your his only patient and gives you the best of care,highly highly recommended DR Lam.Cant thank him enough for what he has done to help me through years of fibroid problems.👍One of the best of the best.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2018

Dr Alan Lam has not only changed my life, but also those that I have referred. After being to numerous Drs and specialist he is the only one that has listened and that I have seen results. Couldn’t recommend highly enough.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2018

I recently visited Dr Lam at his Kogarah suits and found him to be very welcoming and kind. I felt very comfortable with him and he chatted and played with my 7 month old throughout the consult.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2018

I cannot agree more with this review: 'Looked great on paper, but consult was terrible. He delegated to his young offsider who seemed to be following pre-prepared answers, struggled with answers to unexpected question and who told me there were ‘no risks’ with my surgery. Dr Lam joined in at end, but was more interested in another totally unrelated health issue I have, and seemed put out when I tried to get him to focus on the issue I came to see him about. He did not explain the potential risks of surgery. I didn’t get a sense that he is as good as websites claim, in fact I left feeling like I could not trust him. Perhaps he is an academic First and surgeon second?' - He's incredibly arrogant and insensitive - Dismissed my symptoms - His assistant (Dr Toe) performs the surgery, this person did not even know basic terminology of my condition

flag | Submitted May 20, 2018

flag | Submitted January 26, 2018

This was not a good experience. My first consultation was good but that is all. I wasn't very well informed about my operation, then I was in extreme pain after and was refused the pain relief that I got during my first operation which was sufficient. He then consulted me the next morning, saying I must leave to go home, even though I couldn't walk or move. He kept telling me the pain was in my head, even though it was not and they found large amounts of endometriosis. He is extremely patronising, doesn't listen to your needs and wants, has absolutely no bed side manner. I am a 20 year old girl suffering immensely from endometriosis, and it does not help when your surgeon doesn't provide sympathy or guidance. My scars were messier then my first operation who was done with a different surgeon and bruised which I found inconsiderate of him, as being a young girl, I want clean scars as I feel embarrassed and vulnerable with this disease in the first place. I was put back in hospital with pain a week later and he continued to tell me the pain was in my head, then said he would write me a script for pain, then left the hospital and did not write the script even though he was my prescribing doctor and made this promise. So I had to wait even more hours in the hospital for a different doctor to come from an emergency just to write me a script that my expensive surgeon should of written me. I feel upset, vulnerable, uninformed and talked down on by him and wouldn't recommend it. This disease is already hard enough to live with and women should deal with someone who is caring, compassionate and listens actively.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2017

Always running late and no people skills. But surgery went ok.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

Dr Lam is knowledgable and I understand he is an excellent surgeon. I felt very misunderstood and it was difficult to collaborate with him on any treatment options. I suffer from a difficult-to-manage but very debilitating condition and have found it better to pursue treatment under someone who relates better to my needs.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

Although I highly appreciate the time taken to consult me I don't feel that he listened or understood why I was there to see him even though I was pretty clear and had travelled a long way after doing much research and being quite aware of my condition.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2016

Had Cervical cancer, in 2000, Prof Lam operated, and no need for any ongoing therapy due to knowledge, accurate assessment, and skilled surgery. Now have two beautiful kids. If I ever had any further issues, or knew anyone with issues in this area, would highly recommend seeing him. Only issue was staff were just okay and, he is very busy, so was late to some appointments, but what doctor isn't these days

flag | Submitted January 23, 2015