Ratings for Dr. Ramon Garza

The staff is alright, but this doctor has a god complex and makes patients wait 2 or more hours to see him. I called him out on it and he said he runs late sometimes due to the amount of time he needs to spend with his patients. That is not true because he is only with the patient for 5-6 minutes!!!!!!! This doctor is EXTREMELY inconsiderate and very unprofessional.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2017

We take my grandma to his office. He is kind and very informative, helps explains things to us as well as to my grandma. Roberta and all of his staff that we deal with are all very kind. Good experience.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2017

I read some horrible things about this doctor and his staff. I tried to get into several others but they were either too booked or too difficult. With Dr. Garza I was able to get an appointment the next day. Both on the phone and in person his staff was very pleasant, courteous and efficient. I had a 9 o'clock appt. and got there a few minutes before. After I did all the forms and paid my co-pay (this took approx. 30 mins) then I was taken back very quickly. The office is heavily automated so the nurse spent quite a bit of time in the exam room with me inputting all the stuff I had filled out on the form. Still she was personable and knowledgeable. The doctor came in soon after and I found him to be approachable, personable and reasonable. I was a little bit nervous that he was educated in Mexico but he had absolutely no trace of an accent. He seemed to be in no rush whatsoever. All my questions were answered thoroughly, patiently and politely. He justified the course of treatment we would follow by explaining the standard of care. He did not immediately try to persuade me into surgery but explained we would do a biopsy and if it was benign it would be my choice whether to do surgery or not and when since only I could truly know my symptoms and how much things bothered me. Then he also spent quite a bit of time putting things in the computer. I will say there are two little things that are mildly inconvenient but they were well communicated so there won't be any surprises. 1 is that if you need a refill you have to call the office, the pharmacy can't call for you. 2 is that, according to the nurse, no matter whether my results are positive or negative he supposedly won't even look at the results until right before my appointment. But at least they scheduled my next appointment for me, allowing enough time to get the test done. The whole process took about 1 hr 30 mins which does seem like a long time but I planned on being there long so I wasn't stressing. For me the time invested was totally worth it because I feel like he gave me his undivided attention and was not trying to squeeze me into some pre-determined block of time.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2016

I cannot STAND how long it takes me to see the dr here. EVERY SINGLE TIME and I feel like the dr is patronizing me half the time.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2016

I thought going to his other location might make a difference. Nope. Waited an hour just to get to the second waiting area. Some doctors are worth the wait... not this one. I left. This was their fourth chance. Employees at both locations are also very unfriendly and rude.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2016

I had the worst experience ever with the doctor. The stuff and the doctor were emtremely rude. I waited an hour and 45mins. Just to see him. A waste of time and money. Would definitely not recommend him.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2016

I have seen DR. Garza a few times and on my first visit I was his first patient for the day and he was already late. My apt was at 8:00 and he didn't show till 9:00. On my second visit I also waited for about an hour and a half before I was seen. I am paying him, technically he is working for me and I will not be back. I need someone who is more considerate of my time and my hard earned money.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2016

Great doctor I have been seeing dr garza for a year now. Very professional staff . I would recommend him to my friends and family

flag | Submitted October 7, 2015

I guess Dr. Garza is medically competent, but if you have an appointment with him, plan on making a day of it. I've seen him for four years, and I've had it. Looking for someone more considerate of my time.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2015

We just had the worst experience ever with a doctor. First we thought it was just the staff who was rude and unfriendly. They "lost" our initial medical records. Then Dr. Garza walked into the room -- no eye contact; didn't introduce himself (first time to meet him); was extremely rude. When we tried to talk to him about our experience, he didn't care & rudely dismissed us. We waited for 1 1/2 hrs. just to see him (after our set appointment time). Would definitely not recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

Dr. Ramon Garza's Credentials

• Univ Central Del Este (Uce), Esc De Med, San Pedro De MacOris (Grad. 1986)