Ratings for Dr. Gail Ratcliffe

I found Gail to be one of the best things that ever happened to me and i cant thank her enough. My wife has also used her and had the same results as myself. The tapping thing was fantastic and she showed me how to do this on my own and we as a family have integrated this into our lives giving us the freedom to grow and go forward with our lives not constantly going back to things that dont serve us well anymore.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2017

This person really needs to be called out, she is dangerous to people who need real treatment. I saw her eight years ago and it still angers me till this day that she is still out there stuffing up other people's treatment. I was offered no actual psychological councilling for my anxiety and depression and told to do the rediculous tapping exercises also. Very worrying to think that people with serious issues seeking help might be getting this "treatment" instead of actual help. Even more scary I didn't realise how ineffective the therapy was until a couple years ago when a psych told me that tapping was bollucks. Might of been good to know this when I was suicidal! Very dangerous to anyone with similar issues - she should not be able to practice.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2017

contrary to the other reviews, I found Dr. Gail Ratcliffe was extremely empathetic, and her methods worked very well for me.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

As a victim of sexual assault Gail did more harm than anything. She laughed at parts of my story, played with her refill as a spoke, questioned the seriousness of it and minimized the offending. In my opinion she is not equipped to be dealing with victims of sexual abuse. She seemed overly invested and biased towards defending the perpetrator, I think she has personal issues in this area that renders her impartial and defective as a therapist. her antipathetic and callous approach induced a panic attack, I left her surgery in a high state of anxiety which she was aware of but she never even called to see if i was ok. Her response to my emotional state was not why are you upset with me but "lets do some tapping exercises"! thank god i had someone to pick me up otherwise I'm not sure what would have happened. She did not grasp or understand how the unwanted touching, undressing (including removing of underwear) & kissing of an incapacitated & semiconscious person without their consent was assault. Nor did she see how or why a police investigation was conducted! I did not go to therapy to be questioned as to the validity of my abuse, that was already verified by the police and sexual assault unit, that is NOT the job of a therapist! that is called "re-victimization"!

flag | Submitted October 6, 2015

Performs odd techniques such as tapping parts of your body whilst saying certain statements. Ineffective. Does this technique even if you say you don't want to do it or don't like doing it and even after she has said "well I don't want to make you do anything you don't want to do".

flag | Submitted August 20, 2012