Ratings for Dr. Michael Furlong

I have seen Dr.Furlong on a couple of occasions in the past few months. I find him to be very personable and understanding. He is very through and knologable. I would highly recommend Dr.Furlong.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Furlong's for the past thirty years. I have always found him to be an intelligent and helpful physician. He has always supported me and challenged me to continue to stay focused in my treatment of diabetes. He has kept me apprised of the latest advancements in this disease. I find him to be extremely knowledgeable with respect to diabetes. I am proud to say that after thirty years of encouragement from this man that my diabetes control is the best it has ever been; this is in large part due to Dr. Furlong. I would highly recommend to any diabetic to seek his advice and to use his guidance during your treatment of this disease.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2013

I sat with my mother who had a heart attack,terrified myself of what was happening to her.He got really upset with her because she was so afraid of needles,which I never got a chance to tell him.He turned around and said to me,"can't you do something with her"as if she wasn't even a person,then told me to get out of the room.So I do not have any idea what happened when I left,I never got back in ontil morning,she seemed okay,the nurses incouraged me to go home and get some rest,I was in the shower 2 minutes when the phone rang and they told me my mother was in a comma,I got only a few minutes to spend with her before she died,if the doctor hadn't told me to get out of her room I would of had more time with her.Even writing this brings tears to my eyes,I really hated him for a long time,my mother had spends so many years in hospital and never got out ontil she was in her late 20's,thats why she was so afraid of needles,I have to forgive him but its one of the hardest things I had to do.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2010

I have worked with Furlong. He don't have much personality but he knows his stuff. I would trust him with my care anyday.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2009

I have worked with Dr. Furlong professionally. Although I agree with previous reviews that he lacks personality, this man is one of the most knowledgeable internists at St Clare's, with one of the coolest heads around. In a crisis, he keeps his wits about him and can handle just about anything that comes his way. Working with him I always felt completely secure in his ability and competence as a physician. He does come across as somewhat reticent and perhaps even arrogant, yet there is no doubt in my mind that if I were critically ill I would trust him with my care.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2007

Very unfriendly, rude...no bed-side manners.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2007

I went to see this doctor on a referral. The appointment was for 3:30 pm and only minutes later he came out to greet me. I found this doctor very personable and knowledgeable. He was very thorough and explained everything I wanted to know. I will be seing him again for follow-up visits and I don't think I change my opinion of him.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2007

Needs to work on the most important trait of any doctor.....PERSONALITY

flag | Submitted March 22, 2007

Definitely not a "people" person. Made me very uncomfortable.....like he didn't even want to be there.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2007

Very rude and felt like I was wasting his time. He gets paid to see patients whats his problem !

flag | Submitted January 21, 2007