Ratings for Dr. Kris Rasiah

Initially we thought that Dr. Kris Rasiah was nice, knowledgeable and polite doctor, but in the critical time he shows himself as a pure businessman on the medical field. I have visited Dr Rasiah quite few times and found that he is over booked and we needed to wait for about an hour. Pressure, deceptive line representing his interests, actions above patient care is normal for him. Not clear and only partial information usually provided. At your very stressful time, I see him to want to rush you back out his room as soon as he can see you not to be interested in rushing into the surgical intervention. We would recommend seeking second opinions before going to his surgery.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2018

I moved from another urologist and I am so glad that I did. He is professional but also very personable. I couldn't recommend him more highly

flag | Submitted September 17, 2018

Always feel comfortable with Dr Rasiah. My wife joined me for the visit when I found out that I had Prostate Cancer. Very satisfied with the advice given. Only negative is that there is always a long wait to see him. Appointments seem to run at least 45 minutes late.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2017

I have visited Dr Rasiah a number of times now and found that he seems to over book his patients so expect to wait for at least 45 minutes when you arrive on time. Then when you finally get in to see him he seems to want to rush you back out as soon as he can. He gives you little time to discuss matters and it is clear to me that he is not there to help you with options he is there to talk you into his services which are various forms of surgery. If you seem not to be interested in rushing into the surgical path he quickly moves to the door and opens it for you. Not someone who makes you feel overly comfortable and not too eager to sit and answer all your questions I felt.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2017

My husband consulted Dr Rasiah after being diagnosed with Prostate cancer. He was nice at first but both my husband and I were uncomfortable with the pressure to have Robotic Surgery so quickly. Then without my husband making a decision we had people calling us as if we had. His receptionists were quite rude when my husband decided to take time making his decision. At this very stressful time I found this quite distressing. Please seek 2nd opinions before rushing into this surgery.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2016

I thought what a very pleasant helpful professional urologist until a defining moment when his secretaries made an error resulting in delayed treatment and alternative action. This issue could have been resolved with a simple apology or at very least just getting on with the next task at hand; however he became extremely emotional & insisted his secretaries never made errors. Sadly he felt needed to create a dishonest and rather excessive story amongst his peers etc. to redirect blame for the error. While another specialists tried to partly excuse his behaviour saying he had personal issues at the time, the extent of his unprofessional & unethical behaviours to protect his interests at any cost were inexcusable. An unsettling experience and left me quite shocked as I did not anticipate he would react in such a way; and disappointed that he seemed to have no conscience about his trail of elaborate & deceptive actions. Could only describe him on this occasion as Mr Jekyll & Mr Hyde. If issues arise be aware he is someone who puts his image above patient care, otherwise he is potentially has satisfactory skills & knowledge-base in his sub-specialty (but is it worth the risk?). Everyone makes mistakes - doctors are only human, but what defines them is the way they respond to those mistakes!

flag | Submitted September 14, 2014

Highly recommend Kris and his staff - couldn't have asked for better care.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2013