Ratings for Dr. Judith Arato

Dr. Arato passed away in April of 2008. http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/vancouversun/obituary.aspx?n=judith-ilona-arato&pid=108388988

flag | Submitted December 18, 2017

Dr. Arato was downright mean to my scared young son when she had to flush wax from his ears. She was rough inserting the instrument and yelled at him, rather than explaining what she was doing & reassuring him. After this she proceeded to tell me that he needed surgery to put tubes in his ears. She was pressuring me to sign the paperwork. We left & never went back. I'm an R.N. & my gut was telling me that I didn't trust her knowledge or judgement at all. I asked to be referred to a different ENT Dr. that I once worked with in Pediatrics & who was well respected at our hospital. Lo & behold...he did numerous tests on him, including a hearing test. (She had done none). After considering everything, he advised me that my son was at the age where he would probably outgrow his ear problems & that we should wait & observe for the next while. He was right, my son never had another ear infection & would have undergone unnecessary surgery just to pad her pocket!! I strongly advise against seeing this Dr.!!

flag | Submitted October 5, 2016