Ratings for Dr. Jeremy Goldberg

The appointment with Dr. J Goldberg was an appointment we had looked forward to for 6+ months in order to rule out Asperger's and/or make recommendations. Dr G was recommended by Autism Niagara. Dr Goldberg at the start said he had not reviewed the file and it was not available which I corrected him it was purolate and signed for by his department and then the parts of the file appeared thanks to another staff member I left the room to find. I offered my copies and they were not taken. We were looking for treatment/ diagnosis for his mental health issues and texture sensitivities and contracture to his left hand from holding in a fist since a young age. Most particularly, his aversion to the sun and his crippling burning pain as a result of contact with the sun and or in a warm environment and or water from a shower etc. He lives in a room darkened with an air conditioner <58 F This was our first contact with Dr. Goldberg and were surprised when he was in a motorized adaptive scooter. A female staff was present and she was introduced by Dr. Goldberg as a medical student. The report however identifies her as a clinical clerk. (?) The first question asked by Dr. Goldberg was interrupted when Dr. Goldberg slumped over and fell asleep ? loss of consciousness. The clerk did not assist nor wake Dr. Goldberg nor finish his questions during this time nor pick up off the floor the items that fell from Dr. Goldberg's hands . This happened no less than 6 x during our meeting and many times during my grandson's meeting. Unfortunately my grandson became verbally agitated with these situations. We sat there looking at each other not knowing what to do in these bizarre situations. We were not given by the MD any explanation of what to expect re his own medical condition so it kept taking us off guard and the appointment turned into a comedy show. We were asked to go to the waiting room after our discussions with Dr. Goldberg and we were called back into the meeting room after a short time for the Summary and Recommendations. I at this time asked my sister to join as I felt I should have a witness of these issues as I thought no one would believe these episodes. We took our seats as prior and Dr. Goldberg proceeded to inform us of his findings and recommendations. Less than 5 minutes into this Dr. Goldberg had another episode slumped forward and pushed a button on his scooter and it shot across the room into the wall nearly running over our feet if we had not jumped and cleared them from the floor. Papers went flying like a gust of wind and we were at a loss for words. On review of his written report I have numbered the paragraphs with incorrect data and have listed the correct information. We waited so long to see this Dr with great expectations and it turned out to be a freak show. Now my grandson has to suffer with a report full of inaccuracies. I am sure Dr Goldberg is a brilliant man but I think it is time he works behind the scenes as this assessment was not acceptable. Dr G frequent lapses of LOC during an important assessment. Oh yah, the best was his recommendation for My grandson's aversion to the sun burning him was for him to move to Alaska and get a job working the night shift ????? Oh right on Dr Goldberg, with his social anxiety how shall he get there and what about the other 6 months of sunshine shall he cover himself up in a shroud and a toe tag and lay on the floor till climate change???????. You can see I am extremely disappointed and frustrated with Dr G and the staff for not letting us in on what to expect and to prepare my grandson for Dr G issues. Dr Goldberg, my rating for you is -100/3, one soul lost is a million crucified, I will never forgive you for pushing my grandson off the boat of sanity.

Submitted September 9, 2015

I was referred to this Dr. and told he really knows his stuff during our appointment he constantly was on the nod it was very uncomfortable not to mention his more then rude tone I would go on but it seems everyone else has had the same dealings with this man i am really shocked there are not more reviews about it

flag | Submitted October 17, 2014

I went to this doctor as I was referred to him by another, I was told he is very good and he knows his stuff, while I was in the intake with him, he fell asleep probably about 5 times which me with anxiety, made me feel a little anxious thinking why am I talking if hes sleeping..is he even listening? To which I think he wasn't because in the end he prescribed me a medication I had already had adverse affects to, which I told him about when he asked. It also took a week for me to get a hold of him. I seriously wouldn't reccomend this doctor to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2014

I had my son reffered to Dr.Goldberg over a year ago. Seemed ok is the beginning. Last 2 times(one sttented by my mother and other by me). Noticed he was napping willing to give my son medication he was unsure what is would do(uping doses) Wasnt concerend about wieght loss! Was googling on his phone when I asked a particular side effect! Always looking over my sons file(you should be doing this before your appointment). My son was diganosed at the age of 3 when reffered to him at age 6 I asked at age 7 to be re eveluated and he said he did when he first came to him(never had no paper work to back up and i know he didnt). Unorganized and doesnt know all his facts! Maybe its time for retierment! He may have been a good doctor at some point but bottom line would not reccomend him to anyone today!!!!

flag | Submitted June 11, 2013

No doubt Dr. Goldberg is very knowledgeable about his area of expertise, (ADHD, Autism, and Tourettes). His one huge drawback is his superior attitude. He can respond curtly, rudely, and condescendingly, particularly when interacting with parents. He clearly doesn't like it when parents talk during sessions. It's clear he can barely contain himself from reacting when this happens. Even his facial expressions were condescending. He was almost always late for appointments (and didn't apologize), took personal and other calls during sessions, shortened one-hour appointments to half an hour (how much can you accomplish in half an hour?)and frequently changed our appointments without notifying us, so that we showed up at the allotted time only to be told the appointment was not on that day! I put up with his nonsense only because of his knowledge. Just wish there was more doctors to choose from in this area as he is hard to take, and from what I hear, many others feel the same way.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2013

he fell asleep during an evaluation of my son!

flag | Submitted January 23, 2013