Dr. Gilbert L. Mottla

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Gilbert L. Mottla

I cannot recommend Dr. Mottla enough! He is knowledgeable, compassionate, and realistic with expectations. The nurses and desk staff are also excellent. There is never a wait to be seen for my appointments and it is easy to get in touch with my nurse when needed. With my history I do have other experiences and other doctors to compare with, and Dr. Mottla is top notch. I have recommended him to friends. And his personal phone calls go a long way.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2019

Dr. Mottla is the most caring, compassionate and diligent doctor and I am so grateful I was under his care while at Shady Grove. Not only is he always prompt, but he is willing to make time for his patients to provide them with answers and reassurances that they need. When your own doctor calls you from the airport because he reviewed your test results while on a personal vacation, you know you are in the absolute best hands. I would recommend Dr. Mottla and the Shady Grove team to anyone!

flag | Submitted March 26, 2019

I can't say enough great things about Dr. Mottla and our nurse, Dana. They made getting pregnant via fertility treatment less scary. Dr. Mottla and Dana were always available to answer any questions we had - big or small, and were very reassuring when I was feeling anxious or overwhelmed by the process. The compassion we were shown by Dr. Mottla made our experience a great one. We look forward to our next big adventure, arriving this August, and that would not have been possible without Dr. Mottla and his wonderful crew!

flag | Submitted January 3, 2019

After many failed attempts on our own, Dr. Mottla was there to pick us up. He is very realistic with treatments and expectations. We really appreciated and valued his opinions and medical expertise. He was always there for us through all the ups and downs of fertility treatments. You can tell he really cares for his patients and always has their best interest in mind. In the end, Dr. Mottla has helped us grow the family we have been dreaming about and cannot thank him enough.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2018

My husband and I were lucky to transfer to Dr. Mottla's office. We had several unsuccessful IUI cycles before we were able to conceive using IVF. Dr. Mottla met with us on several occasions and took the time to explain the reasoning behind our treatment plan during each cycle. He has a warm and compassionate personality and always exuded confidence in our eventual success. I often got down after each unsuccessful cycle, but Dr. Mottla always allayed my concerns and cheered me up when I met with him. He has also assembled a great staff and works well with his team. We highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2018

Dr. Mottla was absolutely amazing! He was very reassuring in a process that is mentally and emotionally exhausting. He would personally call us to provide updates and check in just to see how we were doing. I can’t thank him enough for our miracle baby.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2018

I can't say enough about Dr. Mottla. I am a surrogate and he has helped me to conceive two miracle babies for two very deserving couples. He is so compassionate with all of his patients and genuinely cares about the outcome of the fertility treatments.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2018

Dr. Mottla possesses the combination of compassion and knowledge that you hope to find in a doctor. His encouragement has been critical in our journey. We value his counsel and appreciate the role he has played in our lives. He has a positive outlook, and really takes an interest in his patients.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2018

Dr. Mottla and his nurse Dana are exceptional! Dr. Mottla truly cares! I received excellent care during my round of IVF and I would highly recommend Shady Grove. The lab, receptionist, ultrasound techs etc are great. I gave the staff 4 instead of 5 stars due to SGF's billing department. I have several issues with my financial counselor, claims that were inaccurately adjudicated, and requested deposits that were not explained. With that said, all other aspects of my SGF experience were exceptional!

flag | Submitted April 18, 2018

I had an excellent experience with Dr. Mottla. He is attentive, knowledgeable and compassionate. He takes the extra step to call me directly to discuss our fertility plan. I am happy to say I am now 8 weeks pregnant with 1st ivf treatment. He has a very friendly staff and team. We appreciate the whole process.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2017

Dr. Gilbert L. Mottla's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Gilbert L. Mottla, M.D., received his medical degree from Boston University School of Medicine, where he won the Dr. David Rothbaum award for superior academic achievement in obstetrics and gynecology and compassion and understanding toward patients. He completed his internship and residency in obstetrics and gynecology at Magee-Womens Hospital, University of Pittsburgh. Dr. Mottla completed a 2-year fellowship in reproductive endocrinology and infertility at The George Washington University School of Medicine. He is board certified in obstetrics and gynecology and reproductive endocrinology. Dr. Mottla is presently a clinical assistant professor of obstetrics and gynecology at Georgetown University. Dr. Mottla has been recognized by Washingtonian magazine and What's Up Annapolis magazine in the top doctor's edition for reproductive endocrinology and infertility. Dr. Mottla sees and consults with patients who need care in all areas of both infertility and reproductive endocrinology. His particular area of interest is in the evaluation and care of couples utilizing gestational surrogacy and egg donation. Dr. Mottla is available for new patient consultations primarily in the Annapolis, MD, office. He is also available for new patient egg donation and gestational carrier consultations in the Rockville, MD, office.

• English

• Boston Univ Sch Of Med, Boston Ma 02118 (Grad. 1988)

• Infertility
  • Male infertility
  • Female infertility
  • Egg freezing
  • Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
  • Endometriosis
  • In vitro fertilization (IVF)

Top Hospitals in Annapolis, MD