Ratings for Dr. Kevin Lee

Dr. Lee did cataract surgery in both of my husbands eyes last year. My husband is a quadriplegic and Dr. Lee was very good Him. I just had surgery on my first eye and am anxious to get the other eye done. His staff is extremely friendly and the office is run like clockwork. We have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Lee and his staff. I believe if you put your best attitude forward you will be treated in kind.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2017

They will not answer their phones so if you have a weather or other emergency, good luck informing them.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

I found Dr Kevin Lee very professional, patient and thorough; only had to wait 1½ weeks for an evaluation appointment, then a mere one more week before my much needed laser surgery was performed. To me, that’s exceptional, for which I am exceedingly grateful. In Elliot Lake, we used to have a surgeon that came to look after patients here, but just a few months ago that ceased to exist; now everyone has to drive either to Sudbury or Sault Ste Marie for treatment, on top of which, for eye surgery you must have someone accompany you; another very difficult requirement for seniors who live on their own, and all at a great cost to our medical health system. Dr Lee’s receptionist was equally terrific with a great sense of humour, although for first visit, she did ask that I bring a few items that were not necessary; but there again, when travelling such distances, better to have more, than less. I even got the first appointment phone call on a Sunday! All in all, a great doctor and staff! Thank you!

flag | Submitted December 2, 2015

Busy but well run office. Staff is friendly. Dr. Lee is very knowledgable and honest. Sometimes soft spoken . Nice guy.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2015

I saw Dr. Lee a few years ago. I had suddenly lost my near vision, within 3 hours I went from nearly normal vision to literally not being able to read one word. Between breakfast and lunch I went nearly blind (for close vision). It was terrifying. I was referred to Dr. Lee via the emergency department. He did fit me in quickly, which is the one thing I give him credit for, but he gave the bare minimum evaluation, never did give me a diagnosis, never helped me, did not follow up, made no great effort to really find out what was wrong. The worst thing was that the receptionist was callous and cold, she did not treat me with respect, she apparently had no empathy and she was barely civil. (Dr. Lee was neutral, not hateful but not engaging either. ) I was devastated. Dr. Lee saw a packed room of people in a really short time, less than five minutes each. My impression was that he was seeing people as fast as possible to make as much money as possible. I went next door to Dr. Monique Binks the same day. She gave me all the tests that Dr. Lee had given me, then she added a far more thorough examination with many more tests, and she actually cared that I had suddenly gone almost blind. However, I finally found out what was wrong through a doctor I paid over the internet, for under $100. (I had a rare but well documented side effect of Prednisone, and my vision improved over a period of months as I was weaned off Prednisone and then gradually recovered). It's pretty sad that Dr. Lee could not provide a diagnosis when he actually had me in his office with all of his equipment and medical manuals. On the other hand, the internet Dr. asked many many questions, really took the time to listen and think, and she figured it out. Oh, and BTW, I am not the patient that Dr. Lee has discredited in a previous review, I have never written about him on this site before and I don't know the other person.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2015

I have had two cataract surgeries performed by Dr. Lee. He is very busy and a top professional through and through. He is competent, answers all questions, is very thorough and confidently places patient at ease. A specialist to be sure !

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

Never did see the doctor as I needed a driver because of the drops.....his receptionist treated me like I was a child and wanted to give me a note so I would remember what I had to do.....she then talked to Dr. Lee and had my appointment cancelled.....not impressed with the patient care by this office .

flag | Submitted April 21, 2015

Had a retinal detachment. Dr. Lee saw me immediately and set up surgery for me in Toronto the next day with a retinal surgeon. Explained everything and calmed me down even though I was freaking out. I'm still 20/20 in that eye. I would recommend him to everyone.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

Great surgeon. Couldn't see the big "E". Had surgery on both eyes and now am 20/20. A miracle. He's also a pretty nice guy.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2014

Professional and patient. Good bedside manner. Seeing him for years. Always answers my questions. New staff are friendly.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2014