Ratings for Dr. Eugene J. Gosy

Dr. Gosy has always been compassionate, efficient and thorough in addressing my medical issues. His staff is pleasant. The practice is run with great efficiency. I have never overbilled for services and in fact received a pleasant unexpected refund once! Those persons expressing anger or dissatisfaction with the doctor or his staff obviously was unsuccessful in obtaining medication that the doctor felt was unwarranted based upon medical evaluation etc. Law enforcement unjustified prosecution of Dr. Gosy is unconscionable. I think they are using the fact that he has a hugely successful practice to camouflage their inability to bring the true culprits of illegally obtained drugs to justice. For shame. It is of no consequence that many prescriptions are generated from Dr. Gosy's office. He has hundreds of patients. Prescribed medicines are only a minute part of this practice. The doctor has other tools at his disposal that are used to help manage his patients painful conditions. I am confident Dr. Gosy will be cleared of all charges against him and all accreditations ripped from him restored. In the interim I wish him well and look forward to continuing my relationship with Gosy anf Associates Pain Management.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Gosy's for many years and have a number of very painful conditions. He has always performed careful examinations and updates my medical history when necessary. Appropriate testing for proof of my conditions has been carried out and has been updated as new symptoms arose. My husband, who accompanies me on my visits, and I have always been impressed with his courtesy, thoroughness, and ethics. We have always been received warmly by him and his staff. He uses a multitude of measures to relieve pain and help people who are suffering much more than many of those who have commented here seem to realize. In fact, narcotic medication is his last resort as he counsels patients on the seriousness of taking these substances and the medical consequences of not following instructions. I wish there were more doctors like Dr. Gosy in the world because if there were, there would be fewer opiate addicts who criminally misuse prescription medications designed for people who are in genuine agony through no fault of their own. Please don't compare this compassionate ethical man to the kind of doctors who really do purposefully foster or sustain addictions in those out there who are not genuinely in need of pain meds. I am appalled by the rude and baseless attacks that have been made by a rude and uneducated group of people who have either never met the man or are angry at him when he didn't comply with their demands for controlled substances that he, in his educated and expert opinion, could not comply with. For those of you who haven't had the opportunity to travel outside Buffalo to other states or other countries, I can understand why you have such a narrow view of the human condition, which includes MUCH suffering and doctors who have a much different view of the prudent use of narcotic medication than do many of the people in this small part of New York we happen to live in. The uninformed and negative opinions expressed here on this issue hurt the many positive, faith-filled and inspirational people in this region who are trying against difficult odds to make western New York a more pleasant place to live. I think we'd all be happier if we tried to show appreciation to the medical professionals and their staff who work night and day to help us live our best lives. And believe me, I have seen many of them taken for granted and abused by patients who have never learned appropriate manners. Everyone deserves to hear "Thank You" at least once a day or to be given a smile. It goes a long way and we might then hear something in the news about what a friendly, happy place Buffalo is instead of the opposite. A lot of the reason people have left the region isn't just economic - it's ATTITUDE - a mean-spirited attitude on the part of those who live here and have been hurt by lack of opportunities an broken political promises to the point that they extend their hands to hurt others rather than help. Who wants to live in a place like that? Excellent doctors and teachers and those in professions that enrich our lives have left in droves. There are so many wonderful people here and it makes me angry when I see people like Dr. Gosy who try to do good singled out and made scapegoats for other's frustrations, misinformation, and perhaps jealousy of his success. That attitude hurts us all.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016

WORST DOCTOR EVER. Scumbag, liar. Doesn't look out for you, doesn't care about anybody. Uses his patients as ginny pigs. He will do whatever in his power to make more money. Do not go to this piece of trash. He doesn't even fill the paperwork out correctly, he lies.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2016

Gosy looks like he just walked out of a trash dumpster every time I have seen him and he could trip over his nose hairs. He is condescending and now a felon. He gets people hooked on drugs without even discussing alternatives . Nurses are rude, checkout is rude especially Yvette and it's unfortunate they all get a free lunch every day from some pharmaceutical company when some of their patients have to decide to eat of pay for meds. Gosy's favorite game is good guy bad guy and runs his clinic like his kingdom. He doesn't care about anybody except himself and neither does his staff. I have been billed accidentally and then they won't even talk to you until you pay even if you don't owe the money you can't get an appointment, sandy and Sue the nurses are rude and lash out at patients. Save the games for a carnival and go to s real doctor

flag | Submitted March 9, 2016

flag | Submitted February 25, 2016

Very knowledgeable. Will work with you until he can figure out what the best solution is for your problem. Sometimes the office seems crowded, but what office isn't? Great staff who tries hard. Definitely a great doctor!

flag | Submitted August 4, 2015

Dr is not flexible likes to see people suffer very unfair!!!

Submitted June 3, 2015

For some odd reason some of my medicine showed up in a tox now I got cut off what didn't show!! ! I take all my meds!A meritox must have made a mistake now I'm screwed. I'm getting blood work done somebody will pay for this mistake.... I have done nothing wrong.they don't even gibe me a Chance.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2015

This doctor turned my child away from a hospital emergency room saying she was hysterical. Within Less than 2 days later she was sent to another hospital with a blockage in her intestine and bleeding that required several blood transfusions and infusions!

Submitted May 5, 2015

Dr Gosy has been my dr for ten years.He ls the best dr i every had.Very smart down to earth and caring.He is a dr that will actually talk to you and not rush you out of the office like must drs.People just dont understand pain management.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2015

Dr. Eugene J. Gosy's Credentials

• Semmelweis Orvostudomanyi Egyetem (Peter Pazmany Univ), Budapest (Grad. 1984)

Unicare
Workers Comp

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Gosy has always been compassionate, efficient and thorough in addressing my medical issues. His staff is pleasant. The practice is run with great efficienc..."

April 28, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient of Dr. Gosy's for many years and have a number of very painful conditions. He has always performed careful examinations and updates my me..."

April 26, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "WORST DOCTOR EVER. Scumbag, liar. Doesn't look out for you, doesn't care about anybody. Uses his patients as ginny pigs. He will do whatever in his power to ma..."

April 9, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Gosy looks like he just walked out of a trash dumpster every time I have seen him and he could trip over his nose hairs. He is condescending and now a felon. He..."

March 9, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "staff are rude everyone has an attitude nurses especially T Diezer are just awful "

February 25, 2016
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Very knowledgeable. Will work with you until he can figure out what the best solution is for your problem. Sometimes the office seems crowded, but what office i..."

August 4, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Dr is not flexible likes to see people suffer very unfair!!!"

June 3, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "For some odd reason some of my medicine showed up in a tox now I got cut off what didn't show!! ! I take all my meds!A meritox must have made a mistake now I'm..."

May 29, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "This doctor turned my child away from a hospital emergency room saying she was hysterical. Within Less than 2 days later she was sent to another hospital with..."

May 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Gosy has been my dr for ten years.He ls the best dr i every had.Very smart down to earth and caring.He is a dr that will actually talk to you and not rush y..."

April 9, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Stay away from this group of rude, nasty drug pushers."

December 22, 2014
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "he and the staff is rude and very unhappy at their job."

October 11, 2014
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Dr Gosy himself is a caring doc and most of his staff are also but for the 2nd time now Ive seen this NP who shouldnt be working with patients who come in with ..."

October 9, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been with Dr. Gosy for almost five years now. He is available for an appointment, although it may take a couple of months to get in to see him. When you ..."

September 24, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Why is no one looking at the dentist that use drugs with their pts. during and after dental surgery? Why are these dentist's not all over the news with their ..."

September 23, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been seeing Dr. Gosh and Debbie Hayden for years. They r very through and help me deal with my pain. There is no cure for pain When someone is in pain a..."

September 18, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Thank you Dr Gosy and Debbie H. I would not have any quality of life without them."

September 15, 2014
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "I have no issues. Sometimes treatment works, sometimes it doesn't. I think that most people don't understand that it is up to the patient to work WITH the staff..."

September 13, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=354'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.6

March 10, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=354'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.8

February 5, 2014