Ratings for Dr. Gerald Brail

I had been a patient for over 40 years. He looked after three generations of my family. He is a very kind and compassionate doctor. Needless to say he is very knowledgeable. He no longer has a family practice and works from a clinic. Myself and my family have had nothing but problems trying to find a doctor that measures up to his standard. We miss him terribly.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2017

Rude. Self important. Wasted half an hour telling me he didn't have 5 minutes to write out a referral and I'd have to come back and se someone else

flag | Submitted December 8, 2015

My 5 year old daughter had an ear infection and I knew it. He hastily determined that she was fine after checking her ears and breathing very quickly and did not end up prescribing any medication for her. One week later we were back in his office and she had a perforated ear drum. If he had just taken his time he would have realised she had an ear infection. He did not want to admit even then that she had an ear infection and ended up prescribing her ear drops. I jumped online to research what he had prescribed and it turns out the medication is not supposed to be given to those with a perforated ear drum. Guess who called me two days later telling me I should just let ear heal on its own without telling me why or saying he prescribed something he should not have. I did not tell him I had done my research, waiting for him to do his job and explain that he had made mistake but nothing.

Submitted July 18, 2013

This doctor doesn't take the time to listen to his patients' statements on their condition. He is very hasty in his diagnosis. It's also very difficult to get a specialist referral from him. When my dad had a problem, he kept perscribing different pills on every visit, none of which worked. It took 3 visits and a plead to get a specialist referral. I don't recommend this doctor for anyone.

Submitted August 15, 2012