Ratings for Dr. Jolien Steyl

Dr Steyl is the best Dr I have ever had! She is very thorough and persistant. I am a 52 yr old woman with diabetes. First time my diabetes has been controlled as she kept working at finding the best combination that works for me. I also appreciate the fact that she is very open to alternative/holistic approaches and doesnt throw a prescription at you for every little thing. She is very punctual and also has a great sense of humour. My husband sees her too and has been very impressed by her diligence in finding a solution to help him with his sciatica.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2017

OMG. if you would like to be ignored, spoken down to and treated like an inconvenience. By all means see this Dr immediately. She is a horrid ER Dr with zero bedside manor who rather than listen to the patient just assumes they are there for no good reason other than to plug up the ER. She didn’t’ listen to anything I said just assumed I was there for a sore throat…. NOT at all the case. Her solution “suck on a lozenges”…. I had to go back to a different Dr who listened assessed and treated significant medical issues I was there for which were not improving. Ms Smarty Pants Steyl needs to go back to Med school and get some bedside manor and maybe just maybe try listen to the patient… there’s a reason we came to… I’ll Drive to PG before I’d go back to her. Yes her 1st impression as a Dr was THAT BAD!

flag | Submitted May 5, 2017

I found Dr. Steyl comfortable to talk to and a very straight forward way of communicating which is appreciated. She seems genuinely interested in your health and wants to help with any problems and conditions I may have. I feel that some of the bad reviews here are the patients issues and not the doctor.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2017

Great doctor! Willing to refer one to a specialist when necessary. Professional.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

Dr Steyl is a very ignorant and bad bedside manner no sympathy for anyone I've known a lot of people that have the same problem with this Doctor. I've had to see her a couple times now and will never again she doesn't do any tests or even look at you see just try's to get you out as fast as she can

flag | Submitted December 5, 2016

She is punctual which is great, and probably the reason why people feel like their appointments are rushed. She is thorough with the issue that is being dealt with in that appointment, but if you have more things to go over you will need to book another appointment. She is straight up and to the point and doesn't sugar coat things which I appreciate. My family will continue to see her as long as she is available.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016

I like the fact that she on top of it and getting lots done to confirm what is wrong. She looks at all possibilities.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2016

Worst doctor ever, don't see her!!! She doesn't know what she's talking about, blames her patients and has no bedside manners at all!

flag | Submitted May 29, 2016

The worst doctor ever.She needs to go back to school.Makes you feel like your just a number.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2016

Dr. Steyl is the worst doctor I have ever had. She showed me no empathy today when giving me bad news, and implied it was pretty much my own fault. It takes a lot for me to go to see her and when I do I always leave either feeling judged, or completely dismissed. It's not professional for a family doctor to make a patient feel as if they don't care.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2015