Ratings for Dr. Larry Flowers

Dr. Flowers is great, he listens to you, takes time to hear your needs and I am very pleased with him.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2012

I saw Dr. flowers for two years and never got better why? because he miss diagnosed me with bi-polar disorder when two doctors later confirmed schizophrenia! thats a big mistake and unforgiveable.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2012

I do not even know where to began from the unprofessional staff to waiting for 1 1/2 to 2 hours most every time I went. I was a patient for nearly two years. Dr. Flowers prescribing several rx's that he called a 'feel good cocktail.' He was unprofessional in many ways. I never felt comfortable and only stayed that long because of insurance.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2010

Did not help my son at all. Just kept pushing drugs on him.......and the wait to see him is unbearable........

flag | Submitted September 2, 2009

Dr. Flowers may know psychiatry, but try getting past his nurse and receptionist. I called to make an appointment. I suffer from Panic Disorder and Clinical Depression. After I told his nurse what I suffer from, she very rudely remarked, "I'm so sorry, we can't help you." Then she rudely hung up. I called the state board on her and gave them her name. Hopefully, they'll investigate her. Dr. Flowers, if you read this, get rid of that witch. She's turning away people who desperately need your help!

flag | Submitted July 8, 2009

Dr. Flowers literally saved my life in 1995. I had been to numerous doctors with symptoms of inability to breath normally, severe stomach pain and continous nausea. I had seen every kind of Dr. my husband and could get me to. I actually allowed my perfectly normal gall bladder to be removed in hopes this would help. I was unable to get out of bed and lost 45 pounds over this 6 month period. I had given up and was on what I considered my last trip to the hospital. Then God send this wonderful Dr. to my hospital bedside one SUNDAY morning. Within days I was beginning to get my life back. Dr. Flowers determined I was having severe anxiety and I am bi-polar and medicated me appropriately. I owe him my life. For those of you who complain about waiting...Dr. Flowers does so much volunteer work including helping underprivileged youth. He has taken on great burdens, but he will always be there for you. Remember while you wait, he may be caring for someone on their last hope.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2009

This was absolutely the worst doctor I have ever been to. I was experiencing symptoms of depression so I made an appointment to see doctor Flowers. I waited for over an hour to see him, and then he met with me for maybe 10 minutes. He prescribed me Lithium to treat depression and sent me on my way. I never filled the prescription, and went to my general practitioner who told me there is no way that I should be taking that, and gave me a very low dose of Zoloft instead (25 mg) which worked fine. The staff were not rude, but very disorganized and unprofessional. None of them seemed very knowledgeable or educated. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone under any circumstances.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2009

He was punctual but not kind. My sessions with him were uncomfortable, he never 'put me down', but he was always negative in his conversations. In my case, he put me on Ambien, and after I became dependent on it for sleep, he stopped prescribing it cold turkey (even the papers the medication comes with says not to do this.) I had some severe withdrawals, and all he would say is, "Sorry, I don't know what to do." Isn't a psychiatrist suppose to know?

flag | Submitted April 8, 2009

This was the worst experience I have ever had a Dr's office. My appointment was at 4:30 and I did not see him until 6:00. The staff never once communicated to let me know that he was running late. I went in to see him and after a short visit, he prescribed me medication. I took my prescription to my pharmacy and they told me that I needed pre-authorization from my doctor. So the pharmacy faxed them a sheet and I called them also to help expedite it faster. This was on Friday. Today is Wednesday and I did get my prescription filled but not because of their office. Everytime I call them thee isa big run around just to speak to a person and if they actually talked to me, no one could tell me anything except that it would be another 3-5 days. I went through another office and was able to get it pre-authorized in less than 15 minutes. Why is it that they have had 5 days and couldn't seem to authorize it when another psychiatrist was able to do it in 15 minutes???????

flag | Submitted February 25, 2009

Dr. Larry Flowers's Credentials

• Meharry Med Coll Sch Of Med, Nashville Tn 37208 (Grad. 1982)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Conroe, TX