Ratings for Dr. Jonathan Tankel

Honestly I was a little worried going in. I've never seen a gynecologist before, but Dr. Tankel was honestly wonderful. I would say that you can expect a little bit of a wait (I waited about 30 minutes before I had my BP, height, weight, etc.), 15-20 more before I got a room, and then at least another 30 minutes before I got to see Dr. Tankel. That being said, I knew going in that the wait time might be long (the website said that it could be 1+ hours and you shouldn't book anything right after your appointment time). He was honestly great and SUPER friendly. He told me that he was a bit biased towards IUDs, but was very open up front about this. They work, and that's his opinion, and it's totally fair. He won't push it on you if you don't want it though! Excellent example of patient centered care. He was extremely friendly and took his time explaining everything. He answered all my questions and made me feel super comfortable. (I was really anxious going in). :)

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

I had an IUD inserted by Dr. Tankel. He is a very knowledgeable man who puts you at ease. One of the best personalities on a doctor that I have encountered. He is very skilled and it'd over before you know it-- don't worry ladies.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

Very knowledgeable and up to date on latest medical studies. He is pragmatic and an excellent physician. The appointments are delayed any time he has to deliver a baby. Having one of those babies where he made the delivery a priority over a routine appointment, I can certainly appreciate the prioritization!

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

Best doctor ever. Genuinely cares about the patient... Dr. Tankel knows his practice well. With a high risk pregnancy I can't imagine having seen another doctor. There is something special about this doctor, hard to find a physician that is as attentive, reassuring and invested in his patients. Will be ever grateful for Dr. Tankels care. Well worth the wait, Tankel is the one you want in the delivery room.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

Doctor Tankel is a very kind person. He is so gentle and knowledgeable and respectful not just as a professional but also as a person. Although he's so experienced he is very humble. Even though he only bills for what he does he will never look at his watch or hurry you out. He is the best listener I know and always says the right thing that makes me feel good. He is so reassuring. I was so fortunate to have him follow me through 5 of my pregnancies and births but watch out...he will make you laugh so hard when you are in labour! Fortunate to those who are in his care. I would wait whatever to see him. Well worth it.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2016

Worst experience of my life! Do NOT waste your time. I have never in my life felt so belittled, and criticized from someone who is supposed to be HELPING you. After waiting over an hour, and this is what I get! Unbelievably rude, obnoxious, stubborn, arrogant jerk. I waited over 6 months to see this "specialist." What a joke. Please save your time, and do yourself a favor by finding a different OBGYN. I hate the thought that anyone has to go through what I went through. All he tries to do is push birth control, and make a profit. He claimed I was wrong, when telling him MY symptoms. Absolute nightmare.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2016

Dr Tankel is amazing. After having some serious health issues after being on the pill he helped get my health in order and make the right birth control for me. He answered every and all questions I had, he made me laugh every chance he got to ease my discomfort and tried to insert my IUD with as little discomfort as possible. He was a little late, according to appointment time, but he made up for it by giving me as much time as I needed. He has had to cancel appointments to deliver babies but they were rescheduled in a timely fashion. Highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2016

Dr.Tankel is the best OBGYN I have ever met. I am SO THANKFUL my sister recommended him to me for my IUD. I have now made a public service announcement via Facebook for everyone to see him for their IUD's. No doubt he is probably an amazing baby doctor as well. I LOVE TANKEL!

flag | Submitted October 19, 2016

Dr.Tankel is an acquired taste and that is putting it lightly. I saw him twice and determined that was more than enough. He is extremely prejudiced of certain religious individuals and does not have the ability to atleast keep it to himself. He was unfortunately argumentative and when questioned regarding his medical advice he failed to provide accurate and unbiased information. He originally was recommended to me by two other individuals thus my visits to him. But like I said he was not for me. If you are informed and do your research you will definitely not like Dr.Tankel and he will definitely not like you.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2016

I have him around 1 year now, and he is a very good doctor. In our first appointment, by telling me the truth he disappointed me. But I realize afterward that knowing the truth is better than having false inspiration. I am very happy to have him as an obgyn, he is extremely funny, and make the conversation started, knowledgeable, AND extremely busy! As a result he make his points as fast as he can, that's the only problem. But I would recommend him for sure.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2016