Ratings for Dr. Jonathan Tankel

My first pregnancy and I see him at the University. I was mentally prepared regarding punctuality and wait times....so that was expected. Waiting for about 1-1.5 hr to finally meet him. Speaks real fast but no problem understanding..I believe he will slow.down if he knows you are not too fluent in English. I had a good impression on him and most people I know felt the same as well. He's confident with what he says or prescribed. He's a busy man but always make sure to answer any questions we have.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

As others have said, absolute WORST wait times EVER!!! Beyond frustrating. Yes, he is knowledgeable. A little shifty if you are educated and ask questions about his recommendations (he doesn't like that). Pushes IUD birth control like crazy. An excellent surgeon. But next time I'm going elsewhere - there are obgyns with better knowledge who are more respectful of patient time and less about lining their pockets with money. He starts his clinics (and double books patients) early in the morning, even though he knows he has c-sections scheduled for the exact same time. So he's two hrs behind at least starting the day, and this just gets worse throughout the day. My 1030am appointment always turned into 6-9pm and there were still ladies behind me waiting! You always call the receptionist before going for updated time, but expect to wait 4 hrs min in the waiting room anyway. Infuriating when your not pregnant...try adding hormones in the mix (never mind other children, paid parking and yes, most of us work! Try explaining that to a manager when you don't return. Even if you request the first 8am appointment, you are advised to come at 11am and you finish at 430). The guy is all about the money.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2017

If your looking to see him outside the university expect a wait. I write this from his office in the waiting room. It's been 2.5 hrs from the scheduled appointment. This may be a one time occurrence but I highly doubt that. I'm sure there's a better comprehensive doctor that can achieve the same thoroughness and actually stick to appointment times. Look around before you commit.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

Will you wait on him? Yes! Will you ever be seen on time? No! Will he answer your questions / concerns? Yes! Will he rush you? Never! I've personally had the Dr with me for over 45 minutes. I go through everything I need to and then some. I value his time and his opinions. I call ahead for every appointment knowing how long the wait is and his receptionist (who is more than just a receptionist) just advises me the best time to come in so the wait is minimal.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

I see him at the University clinic though he often seems confused about where he is and talks about his downtown clinic all the time, which I have never been to.He is at a minimum two hours late for every appointment, sometimes three. He makes ridiculous and inappropriate jokes and exhibits no familiarity with your situation, often issuing confusing and contradictory advice perhaps based on other patients he has seen. He speaks too rapidly, jumbling information together without letting you get a word in edgewise, and he is endlessly self-congratulatory about the supposedly excellent care he is giving you during his 3-5 minute, cursory examination. I sincerely hope he is not on call when I deliver. I would never recommend this buffoon to any pregnant person.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2017

Submitted March 30, 2017

Honestly I was a little worried going in. I've never seen a gynecologist before, but Dr. Tankel was honestly wonderful. I would say that you can expect a little bit of a wait (I waited about 30 minutes before I had my BP, height, weight, etc.), 15-20 more before I got a room, and then at least another 30 minutes before I got to see Dr. Tankel. That being said, I knew going in that the wait time might be long (the website said that it could be 1+ hours and you shouldn't book anything right after your appointment time). He was honestly great and SUPER friendly. He told me that he was a bit biased towards IUDs, but was very open up front about this. They work, and that's his opinion, and it's totally fair. He won't push it on you if you don't want it though! Excellent example of patient centered care. He was extremely friendly and took his time explaining everything. He answered all my questions and made me feel super comfortable. (I was really anxious going in). :)

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

I had an IUD inserted by Dr. Tankel. He is a very knowledgeable man who puts you at ease. One of the best personalities on a doctor that I have encountered. He is very skilled and it'd over before you know it-- don't worry ladies.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

Very knowledgeable and up to date on latest medical studies. He is pragmatic and an excellent physician. The appointments are delayed any time he has to deliver a baby. Having one of those babies where he made the delivery a priority over a routine appointment, I can certainly appreciate the prioritization!

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

Best doctor ever. Genuinely cares about the patient... Dr. Tankel knows his practice well. With a high risk pregnancy I can't imagine having seen another doctor. There is something special about this doctor, hard to find a physician that is as attentive, reassuring and invested in his patients. Will be ever grateful for Dr. Tankels care. Well worth the wait, Tankel is the one you want in the delivery room.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017