Ratings for Dr. Jonathan Tankel

He touched me in very bizarre and inappropriate ways- will not go back!

flag | Submitted December 4, 2017

Dr. Tankel has been my OB for 17 years. He is often many hours late for appts, but I adjust for this by booking early mornings when possible and calling ahead on appt day to see how much he is running late. He is always able to explain various treatment options and gives statistics to back up his recommendations and honest opinions. He talks fast, but I come prepared with a list of questions and he takes time answering every one. When I wanted to do a higher-risk VBAC given a diagnosed macrosomia (big baby) via ultrasound, he was supportive and helped me put a plan in place to make sure I was getting optimum care. After I delivered my healthy baby at 9lbs 2oz (with a different attending Dr), he visited me in hospital several times to make sure things were going well for me and baby, and his sense of humour was much appreciated after a long and tense birthing process. I am very happy with him.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2017

Knowledgeable, helpful & caring. Highly recommended & so worth the wait!

flag | Submitted September 25, 2017

Thanks to this Dr. I have a much higher quality of life. He takes what I say seriously and seems to be willing to do whatever he can to help! Sometimes he is late (But this needs to be kept in mind he is probably doing emergency C sections etc.) sometimes a specialists time IS more valuable than yours when they are on the clock potentially saving lives, so I have no issue waiting.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2017

He is amazing, friendly and super knowledgable....very much to the point (many people see it as rude, but personally I would rather things not sugar coated; if you have super thin skin or are a ta ta hes not your guy)...he does run behind, but is worth the wait.....his staff could lighten up a bit however.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2017

I adore dr tankel, he doesn't sugar coat things and he's right to the point. He comes highly recommended and sometimes his appointments run behind, but he's always been extremely apologetic to me about it. He also high fives me every time he sees me and I love it.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2017

My experience with this doctor was traumatic. He was the first gynaecologist I saw after arriving in Canada and he showed no empathy whatsoever for what was at that point already a chronic gynaecological problem, or for the fact that I needed to be spoken slightly less fast than usual to be able to fully understand, due to my English at the time. When I described to him my symptoms, he said "and what do you want me to do?" He made me feel doomed and stupid for even seeking help. He took no time or interest in the issue that brought me to him, and prescribed a soap that made my problem much worse --which I only understood many months later with the help of other doctors who helped me figure out a bit better what was going on. Rude and not caring at all, dismissive and condescending. Avoid him, and even if you feel you're trapped within the system, keep trying to not endure doctors with such poor ethics.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2017

The rudest staff I have met in 46 years. Doctor seemed to know what he talked about but would not listen to anything my wife had to say.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

Where to begin with how terrible this 'doctor' is. He is rude, would not listen or let me finish what I was saying, threatened to make me start the referral process again and minimized the condition I was diagnosed with, then said I didn't have the condition anyway, that he just told his staff to tell me that. In the next breath he said I may have a little bit of a condition and maybe something else. What a farce this guy is. I will never go to him again and would never recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

If you're a busy person with any sort of schedule, seek medical services elsewhere. I was under the impression that people make actual appointments for a reason, with the understanding that occasionally things run late. When you're the first appointment of the day and you wait at an hour, with no explanation, my patience runs extremely thin. So frustrating.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017