You may also like

Rate Dr. Jonathan Tankel

Dr. Jonathan Tankel's Ratings

Yes, with Dr Tankle the chances of you waiting for your appointment is high. But when you need him he is there. I don't mind waiting knowing that when it comes to my delivery, I know he will be there! And when you do get in to see him he makes sure you understand what he has told you and all your questions are answered. If you are his patient you (and your baby) are in the best hands possible!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2878910].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015

Incredibly knowledgable and helpful. Yes the wait times are long but he is worth it. His receptionist however ... NOT a kind person and always acts annoyed if you have any questions.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2873910].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

I think the world of Dr. Tankel! I had a high risk twin pregnancy and found myself feeling quite anxious. Dr. Tankel had a very calming presence and was always able to put my husband and I at ease (even if we waited until 11:30pm to see him). I completely trust his knowledge and experience. I was admitted as a in-patient and he came to see me most days to keep me informed on the status of my babies. He kept things positive and hopeful when I felt like all I was hearing from other medical professionals was gloom and doom. I now have two very healthy toddlers. I am very thankful for his good care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2868517].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 17, 2015

So so happy with Dr. Tankel after seeing over 5 doctors and never getting a diagnosis. Worth the wait 100%. He was extremely knowledgeable and finally provided me with answers I was never able to get before. I was fully aware going in to the appointment that I might have a long wait, as he has to leave to delivery babies (to the reviewers complaining about wait times- you would probably have a completely different review if it was your baby he left to deliver). Every time I see him it has been worth the wait. I am so thankful I finally got referred to a doctor who knew what he was talking about and could actually help me. The amount of expertise that Dr. Tankel possesses is unmatched! So grateful for his treatment!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2864667].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

Worst service ever, always overbooked.

Learn how to schedule

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2859380].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 8, 2015

I read these comments prior to seeing Dr. Tankel and was quite excited to see him. Needless to say, I was widly disappointed!!! I don't understand why he is so highly rated and well liked by most. I found him to be arrogant, scattered and not patient centered. He did a very poor job of explaining to me what my diganosis was and treatments/ outcomes. But he did do a very good job of trying to pressure me into getting a Mirena IUD. The appointment ended up being about him telling me a needed a Mirena IUD versus what my actual concerns and questions were (I didn't go to him regarding birth control!!). I was rather annoyed.
He told me the name of my diganosis, but with him accent and fast talking I couldn't understand what he was saying. I asked him to write it down for me and he didn't. He just said he would e-mail me information about it.... it's been 3 months and I still have not received anything!
His front staff are also very disorganized and frustrating to deal with.
I expected more from a Doctor that I had to wait 4 hours for!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2841303].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

I was referred to Doctor Tankel by my family doctor and I have nothing but great things to say about both Doctor.Tankel and his staff. I have been in the office for one ultrasound and three prenatal appointments (expecting twins) and both have always treated me very well. Doctor Tankel does run late, but that's because he really takes time with every patient he sees. Also, if he is called to deliver a baby, he goes... you will be thankful for that when it's your turn. If you call the receptionist on the day of your appointment, they will tell you what time you should come in, so you aren't waiting four hours in the waiting room.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2818242].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

Dr Tankle like all OBGYNS is a very busy person doing all he can to bring OURbabies into this world safely and healthy. What would you rather have ; a doctor who would spends all the time
needed to make sure your bundle of joy is really that ,and mom is well,too or one who would rush through your experience and leave you with a child with issues all their life? I am a man and I went to see Dr Tankel with my wife. People, you need to stop rushing and appreciate that maybe someone
like Dr Tankel cares about you and your baby more than you do.Thank you Dr Tankel and ALL
OBGYNs

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2788020].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

Thank you to Dr. Tankel and his staff I now have my first child at age 41, who was delivered healthy. After difficulty getting pregnant and several miscarriages and and several appointments with Dr. Tankel and his knowledge and care I was able to carry my daughter to full term. I have waited for hours to see Dr. Tankel, but it is worth the wait, he takes his time with his patients, if there are complications his staff will get you in to see him or refer you to the hospital. People need to realize he is a OBYGN so sometimes he needs to leave for an emergency/delivery making him late for his scheduled appointments.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2786435].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 23, 2015

Apponiment was 2 :30 and said he was three hrs late and at 7 still have not got in to room and im from out a town and have kids at home waiting for me not happy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2785994].votes_count ]]