Ratings for Dr. Jonathan Tankel

I saw Dr. Tankel at UHC, so I can't really comment on his staff. I went for an IUD insertion and I really liked him. I found his personable joking manner helpful for a procedure I was pretty anxious for. He did not give as much information as he could have regarding what to expect for the IUD, but he did know I was in health care and had researched it myself, so I'm not sure if this was his norm. He was very helpful with questions I had. Procedure was quick and less painful than expected, considering I was a bit of a complicated insertion. I didn't feel rushed during the appointment, which I love. His wait times can be unpredictable though. I absolutely do not blame him for this, but if you are someone who doesn't like waiting or does not have that flexibility, he may not be the doctor for you.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

Very rude receptionist. She is always rude whether you are talking over the phone or face to face. Yes, she never calls when Dr. Tankel is running late for appointments. I was also there for almost half an hour than she let me know that Dr. Tankle is running late. While I was there she was talking to this new mom, she was making faces so many time and so badly. That was so rude. I felt so bad for this new mom.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2016

Rude receptionist, No one calls to confirm appointment and I pay $12 for 2 hour parking. I booked a day off and I come into the appointment, there's a piece of paper on the desk to write my name down and when my appointment is. Then about 45 mins the receptionist calls me over to tell me he's 3 hours behind so did you want to rebook? Seriously?? No call or anything to tell me prior. Disappointed never coming back.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2016

Incredibly rude receptionist, don't know why she is kept on. I had my IUD inserted and it was the most painful thing I have ever experienced. His bedside manner was courteous and light hearted and I appreciated the quirky jokes. Insertion was done FAST even though there was a problem with my cervix. I trust his experience and expertise even though I did feel like he could have checked in on me better afterwards. I could hardly formulate words and I felt slightly abandoned after the procedure was finished. His love of IUDs worries me because I've noticed some uncomfortable changes and I feel that he would try to tell me it's an adjustment period or that I'm wrong. I don't think he would listen to me and trust my own judgement and experience of my body.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

flag | Submitted February 10, 2016

My first impressions of visiting Dr. Tankel for an IUD insertion were wrought with anxiety, as his receptionist had practically barked my appointment at me, and provided absolutely no notification of what I would or would not need to do/bring beforehand. I did a review search for the doctor, and read enough positive accounts that I thought it would turn out quite well. Not so. First of all, he walked in on me while I was still changing without a courtesy knock. When he finally returned, he spoke a mile a minute throwing information at me that I couldn’t possibly keep track of, interspersed with what I’m assuming he thought were funny jokes. While I appreciate deadpan humour, I didn’t feel that it was appropriate prior to what was going to be a painful procedure. I knew what to expect with an IUD insertion, as I had had one the previous year (copper, which doubled the length of my period and gave me mad cramping each month for 7 months before I had it removed). He was so blasé about the whole procedure, telling me how easy it would be and how I don't need to pay attention to any of the information pamphlets. However, the procedure did not go so well. Not only did he have me in a sitting position, with no attempt to relax my body before the insertion, but he realized after 3 very very painful attempts that the IUD wouldn’t go in. He then promptly left the room (with no sense of privacy to me and my lady bits laying open and visible on the table). As soon as he was done, he promptly informed me he had other patients to see and left me sweating and in shock on the table, still in a splayed sitting position, with the stool behind the table so I wasn’t actually able to get off (I’m fairly short). So while I appreciate that his bedside manners are charming to some, he really did a poor job at taking care of me as a patient. I would certainly not choose to have him as a regular doctor in my life, despite his generally personable character.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2016

Took me about 2 months to get in but well worth the wait! He was relaxed and joked during the appointment made me feel super comfortable during an IUD insertion. Even let me watch with a mirror to see the whole process. Highly recommend!!!

flag | Submitted February 1, 2016

The worst OBGYN! Couldn't get pregnant for 12 months had only ONE test done! TheHSG came back as negative (nothing wrong) Tankle told me that he thought he saw something in the result but said it was NOTHING! Then said "I don't know why you're not getting pregnant but you should be". Went to the fertility clinic and the awesome doctors there couldn't understand why Tankle didn't do anymore test if he saw something wrong in my hsg! Found out I had polyps, had them removed and got PREGNANT! No thanks to Tankle! Polyps can turn to cancer cells if not removed! Thanks for nothing Tankle! Wait times are horrible, secretary is rude. Had to wait 45 mins in the HOSPITAL for him to preform the hsg! Laying on the hard X-ray bed for 45 mins! Everyone was upset! Don't waste your time find a different doctor who actually wants to help you!

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

Doctor Tankel is very gifted and he is an excellent Obgynocologist.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2016

Great doctor and nurse. I trust his experience and knowledge. However, he has the rudest receptionist. She treats clients like a prisoner with her tone. Its a wonderful experience being pregnant but each visit to the office, my blood boils when I have to talk to her.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2016

Dr. Jonathan Tankel's Credentials

AHC

Updates

• A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr. Tankel at UHC, so I can't really comment on his staff. I went for an IUD insertion and I really liked him. I found his personable joking manner helpfu..."

April 18, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Very rude receptionist. She is always rude whether you are talking over the phone or face to face. Yes, she never calls when Dr. Tankel is running late for appo..."

April 5, 2016
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Rude receptionist, No one calls to confirm appointment and I pay $12 for 2 hour parking. I booked a day off and I come into the appointment, there's a piece of ..."

March 15, 2016
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "Incredibly rude receptionist, don't know why she is kept on. I had my IUD inserted and it was the most painful thing I have ever experienced. His bedside manner..."

March 8, 2016
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Very knowledgable but always late and therefore too rushed to answer questions. I do however like his no-nonsense approach. "

February 10, 2016
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "My first impressions of visiting Dr. Tankel for an IUD insertion were wrought with anxiety, as his receptionist had practically barked my appointment at me, and..."

February 9, 2016
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Took me about 2 months to get in but well worth the wait! He was relaxed and joked during the appointment made me feel super comfortable during an IUD insertion..."

February 1, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "The worst OBGYN! Couldn't get pregnant for 12 months had only ONE test done! TheHSG came back as negative (nothing wrong) Tankle told me that he thought he saw ..."

January 27, 2016
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Doctor Tankel is very gifted and he is an excellent Obgynocologist."

January 19, 2016
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "Great doctor and nurse. I trust his experience and knowledge. However, he has the rudest receptionist. She treats clients like a prisoner with her tone. Its a w..."

January 19, 2016
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Tankel is one of the best doctors in obgyn there is. There is a long wait but it's OK because he is a very smart, knowlegable doctor in his practice in my b..."

November 13, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Dr Tankel is always running late. Its just how it is ....but he also will stay until 11 or later at night to make sure he sees every last patient waiting. If..."

November 12, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Tankel is the best obgyn I have seen. He is very polite and has an awesome sense of humor. He is also the best at what he does."

October 18, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to Dr. Tankel for an IUD insertion and had no problems at all. I waited about 10 minutes to see him and when he did come in he was very friendly ..."

October 13, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Not a bad doctor overall but the highs and lows make me thinks he needs mood stabilizers. "

October 11, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I do believe that each and every one (patients and the doctor) time are both important. If there is an emergency that the doctor has to attend to and that means..."

October 9, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Tankel is always late and since coming to him now over 12 years I have come to understand fully why times are delayed. He is a high risk OBGYN. If a deliv..."

October 8, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Knowledgeable, but an exceedingly hyper personality. Very little room for Q&As, very little compassion. "

October 8, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Tankel is very knowledgeable, patient and compassionate. I have made tremendous progress under his care. Yes, you may have to wait a bit, but it is becaus..."

October 1, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Went with a friend whose appt. was 10 AM, she was not seen until 4 PM. This is totally unacceptable and shows that this Dr. feels only his time is important. Wh..."

September 26, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Yes, with Dr Tankle the chances of you waiting for your appointment is high. But when you need him he is there. I don't mind waiting knowing that when it comes ..."

July 28, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "Incredibly knowledgable and helpful. Yes the wait times are long but he is worth it. His receptionist however ... NOT a kind person and always acts annoyed if y..."

July 22, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "I think the world of Dr. Tankel! I had a high risk twin pregnancy and found myself feeling quite anxious. Dr. Tankel had a very calming presence and was always ..."

July 16, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "So so happy with Dr. Tankel after seeing over 5 doctors and never getting a diagnosis. Worth the wait 100%. He was extremely knowledgeable and finally provided..."

July 13, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Worst service ever, always overbooked. Learn how to schedule "

July 8, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "I read these comments prior to seeing Dr. Tankel and was quite excited to see him. Needless to say, I was widly disappointed!!! I don't understand why he is so ..."

June 17, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "T5A0" to "T5H 4B9". Address has been updated from "None" to "11010 101 Street Northwest". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "17804140782".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to Doctor Tankel by my family doctor and I have nothing but great things to say about both Doctor.Tankel and his staff. I have been in the office..."

May 26, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Tankle like all OBGYNS is a very busy person doing all he can to bring OURbabies into this world safely and healthy. What would you rather have ; a doctor w..."

April 24, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Thank you to Dr. Tankel and his staff I now have my first child at age 41, who was delivered healthy. After difficulty getting pregnant and several miscarriag..."

April 23, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Apponiment was 2 :30 and said he was three hrs late and at 7 still have not got in to room and im from out a town and have kids at home waiting for me not happ..."

April 22, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I wish I could give ten stars for both knowledge and helpfulness. Dr. Tankel was so knowledgeable and helpful. He made me feel very comfortable, and was funny t..."

April 16, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "This was my third appt with "The Amazing Doctor Tankel and his Incredible Rude Staff." My first appt was not bad , late of course . Option surgery to see what w..."

March 18, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "My first contact with Dr. Tankel was moments before my scheduled D&C in October 2013. Since then he has been by OBGYN for a yearly check-up and another miscarri..."

March 16, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Tankel is by far the best gynecologist I've had. He answers all your questions and takes his time with you. The only down side is sometimes he's running hour..."

February 28, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Well the punctuality is atrocious needless to say the staff working there are not very helpful. Actually they don't let you know that although you booked an ap..."

February 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "If he is as compassionate as Dr. Wong, then he really is compassionate. I was at my absolute lowest when I was placed under the care of Dr. Wong and he didn't ..."

February 5, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "I LOVE DR. TANKEL! WORTH THE WAIT! He is a confident, compassionate, and knowledgeable physician!"

February 5, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Ladies dont waste your time on a Dr whos never there. If you book an appointment you end up waiting a day an a half so pack a lunch and call someone who can tak..."

February 5, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "A very awful doctor!! Pressuring me to get an minera IUD, when I told him twice NO! He did not even do I a pap. He was freaking 5 hours late!!!"

February 4, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I have been seeing him for 10 years now, I would never go anywhere else. Your care is his number one priority. Yes you wait for long periods of time but that's ..."

January 2, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "He's punctuality needs some work, but hes great and just puts you at ease"

November 10, 2014
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Depends what you're looking for... I've seen Tankel for 10 years. I've always been okay with wait times, his conservative approach and knowledge. But now I'm pr..."

November 5, 2014
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Amazing doctor! Always helpful and reassuring! Although you usually have to wait, sometimes hours, it's definitely worth it!"

October 27, 2014
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "I absolutely dreaded visiting Dr.Tankel. He is extremely charismatic and likable at first. When I went in with irregular bleeding, he came at me like a hardcore..."

October 15, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Tankel is highly knowledgeable but the wait times are beyond aweful. I had a very high risk pregnancy and during my visit he told me that he was not happy w..."

October 2, 2014
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr Tankel is amazing. I was warned about wait times for him, but it makes sense because he is a doctor who has to attend to emergencies and will NEVER rush thr..."

September 17, 2014
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Dr Tankel removed some fibroids, and I was able to conceive right away at 41. He was always kind, gentle, and very helpful. Printed out things for me, asked me ..."

September 9, 2014