Ratings for Dr. Jonathan Tankel

Excellent doctor! Saved my babies life! I’ll be forever grateful!

flag | Submitted March 17, 2018

Going in his office I was very worried, the reviews were a bit allarming, I even thought about contacting my family Dr and ask for a different Gynecologist....but I decided to go and try with the first visit......let me tell you I had an awesome surprise, the staff was amezing friendly, and informed us about how late Dr Tankle will be and why he wont be able to see us on time, yes I did wait for 1hr and halfe, while he was helping some one in the delivery room, for that i could wait for 12 hours and be ok. When Dr Tankle come into the exam room, he was very nice,excused him self for keeping us waiting ( did not have to) answered all my questions, wrote for me all the exams I asked, even the ones he knew that I really didn't need but because I saw him after several miscarages he wanted to put me at ease.....over all I loved this visit and very happy to have him as my specialist....don't be discouraged by the reviews give it a try.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2018

The receptionist are rude, they are very defensive if you question the time waits. They dont bother to call even they know the doctor will run late. Tankel is a good doctor, the only problem is his receptionist dont even know how to smile.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2018

This doctor is incredibly kind, compassionate, and knowledgeable. I first saw him at the University of Alberta Health Centre for an IUD insertion. The insertion didn't work out due to my anxiety and the pain I felt from the speculum (most likely due to my anxiety). I was incredibly disappointed in myself yet he reassured me everything was going to be alright and provided me with the option to get an IUD under IV sedation, which I accepted. I got my IUD under IV sedation yesterday at the hospital and it went incredibly well. I was in the hospital for a while but I was prepared to be. When I finally saw Dr. Tankel he was incredibly kind and supportive of my decision saying it was the safest way for me. Obviously, my Mirena insertion was completely painless and I have peace of mind knowing it was placed perfectly. You have to wait on him for a little but believe me, it's because he is an amazing doctor and lots of individuals prefer to see him. Given his workload, I believe his punctuality is perfect. He balances a lot of things being at the University, his own clinic, and the hospital but despite all this work, he has always been kind and patient with me. I cannot recommend and thank him enough for what he did for me and I know I'll be his patient for quite some time.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2018

LOVE LOVE this man. He has been my dr for 10+ years and I adore him. Usually a wait to see him, but he's well worth it.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2018

Nothing but Excellent! Very knowledgeable and organized. We like his sense of humor.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2017

Very knowledgeable! He is always running behind but is worth the wait. He is always ready with a plan to help me get better.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2017

He touched me in very bizarre and inappropriate ways- will not go back!

flag | Submitted December 4, 2017

Dr. Tankel has been my OB for 17 years. He is often many hours late for appts, but I adjust for this by booking early mornings when possible and calling ahead on appt day to see how much he is running late. He is always able to explain various treatment options and gives statistics to back up his recommendations and honest opinions. He talks fast, but I come prepared with a list of questions and he takes time answering every one. When I wanted to do a higher-risk VBAC given a diagnosed macrosomia (big baby) via ultrasound, he was supportive and helped me put a plan in place to make sure I was getting optimum care. After I delivered my healthy baby at 9lbs 2oz (with a different attending Dr), he visited me in hospital several times to make sure things were going well for me and baby, and his sense of humour was much appreciated after a long and tense birthing process. I am very happy with him.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2017

Knowledgeable, helpful & caring. Highly recommended & so worth the wait!

flag | Submitted September 25, 2017