Took me about 2 months to get in but well worth the wait! He was relaxed and joked during the appointment made me feel super comfortable during an IUD insertion. Even let me watch with a mirror to see the whole process. Highly recommend!!!

flag | Submitted February 1, 2016

The worst OBGYN! Couldn't get pregnant for 12 months had only ONE test done! TheHSG came back as negative (nothing wrong) Tankle told me that he thought he saw something in the result but said it was NOTHING! Then said "I don't know why you're not getting pregnant but you should be". Went to the fertility clinic and the awesome doctors there couldn't understand why Tankle didn't do anymore test if he saw something wrong in my hsg! Found out I had polyps, had them removed and got PREGNANT! No thanks to Tankle! Polyps can turn to cancer cells if not removed! Thanks for nothing Tankle! Wait times are horrible, secretary is rude. Had to wait 45 mins in the HOSPITAL for him to preform the hsg! Laying on the hard X-ray bed for 45 mins! Everyone was upset! Don't waste your time find a different doctor who actually wants to help you!

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

Doctor Tankel is very gifted and he is an excellent Obgynocologist.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2016

Great doctor and nurse. I trust his experience and knowledge. However, he has the rudest receptionist. She treats clients like a prisoner with her tone. Its a wonderful experience being pregnant but each visit to the office, my blood boils when I have to talk to her.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2016

Dr. Tankel is one of the best doctors in obgyn there is. There is a long wait but it's OK because he is a very smart, knowlegable doctor in his practice in my books he's # 1

flag | Submitted November 13, 2015

Dr Tankel is always running late. Its just how it is ....but he also will stay until 11 or later at night to make sure he sees every last patient waiting. If you can get past that you will find he is the best Dr. you could ask for. Foremost he is an extremely smart man and is very up to date on all the latest treatments and studies. He is honest and direct but caring and kind. He truly cares about womens health and over all wellbeing. I trust my life in his hands.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2015

flag | Submitted October 18, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Tankel for an IUD insertion and had no problems at all. I waited about 10 minutes to see him and when he did come in he was very friendly and informative. He let me watch with a mirror and explained to me what he was doing throughout the procedure. The insertion was quick and painless and the entire appointment took less than an hour.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2015

flag | Submitted October 11, 2015

I do believe that each and every one (patients and the doctor) time are both important. If there is an emergency that the doctor has to attend to and that means the scheduled appointments had to be adjusted/rescheduled it is the moa's job to inform the patient accordingly, same goes when i couldnt make it to my appointment it is a courtesy to call and let them know. This is common courtesy, not going to your appointment on time and let you know that there was an emergency and youhave to come back 4hours later with the receptionists unfriendly disgusted attitude, this way we all save time and effort going. A minute or call wont hurt to pick up the phone and call the petients. Its just unbelievable how appointments are being ran.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2015

Dr. Jonathan Tankel's Credentials

AHC

Updates

• A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Took me about 2 months to get in but well worth the wait! He was relaxed and joked during the appointment made me feel super comfortable during an IUD insertion..."

February 1, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "The worst OBGYN! Couldn't get pregnant for 12 months had only ONE test done! TheHSG came back as negative (nothing wrong) Tankle told me that he thought he saw ..."

January 27, 2016
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Doctor Tankel is very gifted and he is an excellent Obgynocologist."

January 19, 2016
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "Great doctor and nurse. I trust his experience and knowledge. However, he has the rudest receptionist. She treats clients like a prisoner with her tone. Its a w..."

January 19, 2016
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Tankel is one of the best doctors in obgyn there is. There is a long wait but it's OK because he is a very smart, knowlegable doctor in his practice in my b..."

November 13, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Dr Tankel is always running late. Its just how it is ....but he also will stay until 11 or later at night to make sure he sees every last patient waiting. If..."

November 12, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Tankel is the best obgyn I have seen. He is very polite and has an awesome sense of humor. He is also the best at what he does."

October 18, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to Dr. Tankel for an IUD insertion and had no problems at all. I waited about 10 minutes to see him and when he did come in he was very friendly ..."

October 13, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Not a bad doctor overall but the highs and lows make me thinks he needs mood stabilizers. "

October 11, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I do believe that each and every one (patients and the doctor) time are both important. If there is an emergency that the doctor has to attend to and that means..."

October 9, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Tankel is always late and since coming to him now over 12 years I have come to understand fully why times are delayed. He is a high risk OBGYN. If a deliv..."

October 8, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Knowledgeable, but an exceedingly hyper personality. Very little room for Q&As, very little compassion. "

October 8, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Tankel is very knowledgeable, patient and compassionate. I have made tremendous progress under his care. Yes, you may have to wait a bit, but it is becaus..."

October 1, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Went with a friend whose appt. was 10 AM, she was not seen until 4 PM. This is totally unacceptable and shows that this Dr. feels only his time is important. Wh..."

September 26, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Yes, with Dr Tankle the chances of you waiting for your appointment is high. But when you need him he is there. I don't mind waiting knowing that when it comes ..."

July 28, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "Incredibly knowledgable and helpful. Yes the wait times are long but he is worth it. His receptionist however ... NOT a kind person and always acts annoyed if y..."

July 22, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "I think the world of Dr. Tankel! I had a high risk twin pregnancy and found myself feeling quite anxious. Dr. Tankel had a very calming presence and was always ..."

July 16, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "So so happy with Dr. Tankel after seeing over 5 doctors and never getting a diagnosis. Worth the wait 100%. He was extremely knowledgeable and finally provided..."

July 13, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Worst service ever, always overbooked. Learn how to schedule "

July 8, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "I read these comments prior to seeing Dr. Tankel and was quite excited to see him. Needless to say, I was widly disappointed!!! I don't understand why he is so ..."

June 17, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "T5A0" to "T5H 4B9". Address has been updated from "None" to "11010 101 Street Northwest". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "17804140782".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to Doctor Tankel by my family doctor and I have nothing but great things to say about both Doctor.Tankel and his staff. I have been in the office..."

May 26, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Tankle like all OBGYNS is a very busy person doing all he can to bring OURbabies into this world safely and healthy. What would you rather have ; a doctor w..."

April 24, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Thank you to Dr. Tankel and his staff I now have my first child at age 41, who was delivered healthy. After difficulty getting pregnant and several miscarriag..."

April 23, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Apponiment was 2 :30 and said he was three hrs late and at 7 still have not got in to room and im from out a town and have kids at home waiting for me not happ..."

April 22, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I wish I could give ten stars for both knowledge and helpfulness. Dr. Tankel was so knowledgeable and helpful. He made me feel very comfortable, and was funny t..."

April 16, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "This was my third appt with "The Amazing Doctor Tankel and his Incredible Rude Staff." My first appt was not bad , late of course . Option surgery to see what w..."

March 18, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "My first contact with Dr. Tankel was moments before my scheduled D&C in October 2013. Since then he has been by OBGYN for a yearly check-up and another miscarri..."

March 16, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Tankel is by far the best gynecologist I've had. He answers all your questions and takes his time with you. The only down side is sometimes he's running hour..."

February 28, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Well the punctuality is atrocious needless to say the staff working there are not very helpful. Actually they don't let you know that although you booked an ap..."

February 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "If he is as compassionate as Dr. Wong, then he really is compassionate. I was at my absolute lowest when I was placed under the care of Dr. Wong and he didn't ..."

February 5, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "I LOVE DR. TANKEL! WORTH THE WAIT! He is a confident, compassionate, and knowledgeable physician!"

February 5, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Ladies dont waste your time on a Dr whos never there. If you book an appointment you end up waiting a day an a half so pack a lunch and call someone who can tak..."

February 5, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "A very awful doctor!! Pressuring me to get an minera IUD, when I told him twice NO! He did not even do I a pap. He was freaking 5 hours late!!!"

February 4, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I have been seeing him for 10 years now, I would never go anywhere else. Your care is his number one priority. Yes you wait for long periods of time but that's ..."

January 2, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "He's punctuality needs some work, but hes great and just puts you at ease"

November 10, 2014
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Depends what you're looking for... I've seen Tankel for 10 years. I've always been okay with wait times, his conservative approach and knowledge. But now I'm pr..."

November 5, 2014
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Amazing doctor! Always helpful and reassuring! Although you usually have to wait, sometimes hours, it's definitely worth it!"

October 27, 2014
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "I absolutely dreaded visiting Dr.Tankel. He is extremely charismatic and likable at first. When I went in with irregular bleeding, he came at me like a hardcore..."

October 15, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Tankel is highly knowledgeable but the wait times are beyond aweful. I had a very high risk pregnancy and during my visit he told me that he was not happy w..."

October 2, 2014
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr Tankel is amazing. I was warned about wait times for him, but it makes sense because he is a doctor who has to attend to emergencies and will NEVER rush thr..."

September 17, 2014
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Dr Tankel removed some fibroids, and I was able to conceive right away at 41. He was always kind, gentle, and very helpful. Printed out things for me, asked me ..."

September 9, 2014