Ratings for Dr. Jonathan Tankel

Doctor Tankel is a very kind person. He is so gentle and knowledgeable and respectful not just as a professional but also as a person. Although he's so experienced he is very humble. Even though he only bills for what he does he will never look at his watch or hurry you out. He is the best listener I know and always says the right thing that makes me feel good. He is so reassuring. I was so fortunate to have him follow me through 5 of my pregnancies and births but watch out...he will make you laugh so hard when you are in labour! Fortunate to those who are in his care. I would wait whatever to see him. Well worth it.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2016

Worst experience of my life! Do NOT waste your time. I have never in my life felt so belittled, and criticized from someone who is supposed to be HELPING you. After waiting over an hour, and this is what I get! Unbelievably rude, obnoxious, stubborn, arrogant jerk. I waited over 6 months to see this "specialist." What a joke. Please save your time, and do yourself a favor by finding a different OBGYN. I hate the thought that anyone has to go through what I went through. All he tries to do is push birth control, and make a profit. He claimed I was wrong, when telling him MY symptoms. Absolute nightmare.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2016

Dr Tankel is amazing. After having some serious health issues after being on the pill he helped get my health in order and make the right birth control for me. He answered every and all questions I had, he made me laugh every chance he got to ease my discomfort and tried to insert my IUD with as little discomfort as possible. He was a little late, according to appointment time, but he made up for it by giving me as much time as I needed. He has had to cancel appointments to deliver babies but they were rescheduled in a timely fashion. Highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2016

Dr.Tankel is the best OBGYN I have ever met. I am SO THANKFUL my sister recommended him to me for my IUD. I have now made a public service announcement via Facebook for everyone to see him for their IUD's. No doubt he is probably an amazing baby doctor as well. I LOVE TANKEL!

flag | Submitted October 19, 2016

Dr.Tankel is an acquired taste and that is putting it lightly. I saw him twice and determined that was more than enough. He is extremely prejudiced of certain religious individuals and does not have the ability to atleast keep it to himself. He was unfortunately argumentative and when questioned regarding his medical advice he failed to provide accurate and unbiased information. He originally was recommended to me by two other individuals thus my visits to him. But like I said he was not for me. If you are informed and do your research you will definitely not like Dr.Tankel and he will definitely not like you.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2016

I have him around 1 year now, and he is a very good doctor. In our first appointment, by telling me the truth he disappointed me. But I realize afterward that knowing the truth is better than having false inspiration. I am very happy to have him as an obgyn, he is extremely funny, and make the conversation started, knowledgeable, AND extremely busy! As a result he make his points as fast as he can, that's the only problem. But I would recommend him for sure.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2016

I agree with the previous comments, the receptionist is extremely rude. The waiting time is also pretty long but in my experience it is definitely worth the wait. I went to see Dr. Tankel for an IUD insertion. He was extremely helpful and answered all the questions I had. I mentioned I was having several infection-like symptoms for more than a year and despite many many tests my other doctor had not been able to figure out what I had or help me fix it. As soon as he heard my symptoms he told me he knew what I had (even before he did his physical examination). He prescribed me an ointment and I have been pain free for the first time in more than a year. When he did the physical examination he used his mirror to show me exactly what was going on that was causing my discomforts. Although this might make some people feel uncomfortable (I don't think it should because it is your own body you are looking at), I loved that he explained in so much detail why I had gone through so much discomfort for so long. The IUD insertion went great. I was lucky that I barely had any pain, however, I really appreciated that he warned me it could be painful and described what an abnormal reaction to it would look like. Since I was a bit nervous he told me I could call him at any time if I experienced any intense bleeding or pain. I would recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted September 15, 2016

After reading the reviews for Dr. Tankel, I'm beginning to think that he might be a bit of an acquired taste. I saw Dr. Tankel a few months ago for an IUD insertion, and was warned beforehand to expect at least an hour wait. I wasn't too concerned and just brought a textbook to read and the wait was about as long as expected. Personally, I am very anxious and had never been to a gynecologist before, so I rather liked that he did most of the talking and even joking because it made me forget some of my anxieties and relax a bit more. He answered the few questions I had, but I had already done a lot of research online beforehand. He works quickly and efficiently, which I REALLY appreciate because I would not enjoy having a speculum inside me for longer than absolutely necessary, and I'm sure most would feel the same. He also always offers to let you see what hes doing or seeing, which I know might be cool for some but definitely wasn't for me! Yes, you will probably have to wait for a while, just bring a book or make an appointment for early in the morning. He's very straight forward, get's straight to the point and is very reassuring.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2016

This clinic is a complete joke. If you read this review ask your doctor to book you somewhere else.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2016

I was very impressed with my first visit to see Dr. Tankel other than the 5 hour wait. I suffer from vaginismus and he gave me lots of information about my condition. He told me to come in a week later with lidocaine gel that he prescribed for me. The next visit was very successful as he was able to insert his finger inside my vagina all the way! Yay! I've never been able to insert anything thoroughly before so I was quite happy. While he examined me he told me I would need to have a surgery due to my tight hymen. (hymenectomy)He believed this is what could have caused my vaginismus. For some reason Dr. Tankel called my surgery a "hymenorraphy." The point of my surgery was to remove my hymen, which he did (along with a lot of unnecessary skin tissue)A hymenorraphy is the repairment or reconstruction of the hymen usually performed on women who wish to restore their virginity. I have the opposite problem! Anyway, the surgery seemed to have went well at first...until I got out of bed. I felt like something just rapidly oozed out of my vagina. There was blood all over the floor and it wouldn't stop. **It didn't stop for 24 hours. Dr. Tankel came to check on me and said what's happening is perfectly normal believe it or not. I'm not a doctor but I know my own body and I know when I'm gushing blood all over the floor (and bed) for 24 hours something is not right. I thought I was going to die! Dr. Tankel's shift was over so I was left without my Gyno for the weekend. He simply just didn't care. Thankfully the wonderful Dr. Tsui took over and stitched up this large cut Dr. Tankel had made in my vagina. After my experience in the hospital, I don't know if I can trust Dr. Tankel again, who never took the blame for knicking me in there. As for the office staff, I don't know why everyone seems to have a problem with Amanda. She's always been very friendly and helpful to me. She has a bit of a dry personality but that doesn't make her a rude person. She always remembers my name by heart too!

flag | Submitted August 24, 2016