Ratings for Dr. Georgia Nemetz

I will never go to see her again. According to her: 1) My job was not right for me because I didn't get along with a co-worker. Show me a job where everyone loves everyone they work with and I'll show you liars. 2) My fiancee was wrong for me because we argued. riiiiiiiiight! We've been together for 11 years now. and 7 years since she told me he was wrong for me. hmmmmm. 3) My friends were not good for me because they supported me. 4) My parents were too dependent on me. So in short my life was a mess. All I was going to see her for was because I was having a tough time with a workplace incident. She scarred me so badly that I refused to seek help when I had Postpartum with my first child. In preparation for my second, I went to see a specialist. I was so suspicious that for the first 15 minutes I was either sweating, bouncing my knees in anxiety, or crying because I didn't want PPD again but I just didn't trust the psychologist. When I finally opened up to them as to why I didn't want to talk to them, they told me that the way Nemetz does her job is unprofessional. If I had blindly followed her "advice" I would be out of a job that I love, with out my husband whom I love, without my children whom I love, and without my friends whom I love, without my parents whom I love. I would be living in a loveless life. It made me wonder if I wasn't troubled enough and she was trying to break me so she could have me see her longer. She never even worked on the emotional problem I went to see her for. Never Again.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2018

Dr. Nemetz is an amazing doctor. She has literally saved my life. Time and time again, when I have needed her, she has been there for me. She cares from her heart and makes me feel so comforted. I have always had a hard time sharing my feelings with anyone but with her, there is no judgement or ridicule. She allows me to feel what I am feeling and then helps me understand why. The first time I saw her was several years ago, and she took the broken pieces of my life and helped me put them back together, one by one. I have been seeing her this past year again and without her I dont know where I would be. She will not sugarcoat things and tell you how it is so that you can better understand your situation from another person's point of view. I have so much respect for her and she is truly a gift to her patients.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2018

Georgia is Amazing. I have been going to her for upwards of 3 years now and credit her with absolutely saving my life. She is kind, level headed, available and willing to work with you. I sought help for traumatic life events and if it wasn't for her, I would still be the blubbering mess I was. She truly saved me. I never felt judged, or mistreated. She told me what I needed to hear, not what I wanted to hear. I still see her for updates and continued care. She is encouraging and a great resource when I need to talk to someone, or when I need someone to talk some sense into me. She is truly wonderful.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2018

I also wanted to weigh in here. Dr. Nemetz is a straight shooter who genuinely cares for her patients. I'm a first responder who eventually needed help myself. When I thought everything was lost, Georgia gave me insight and objectivity in dealing with the psychological challenges that come with the job. She's preserved and improved my quality of life in immeasurable ways. Georgia won't settle on just telling you what you want to hear, she'll tell you what you need to hear. I highly recommend meeting her if you are going through difficult times.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2017

DR .Georgia Nemetz i was so stressed out for my work..i was on the EDGE...close to the point of no return.my mind was just not there....but thanks to her she brought me back to a normal life ..with out her who knows.. I and my family thank her for all she has done..she is a kind good heart person that truly cares for people..i will continue to see her and that will make me very happy...THANK YOU. from all of my heart you are a real life saver

flag | Submitted October 2, 2017

Dr. Nemetz is very professional and knows her stuff. However, I did not have a good experience with her. It was a simple issue: I didn't get along with her. I felt I was being compared to her children (I am roughly the same age as them) and she said my eating issues (now classified as an eating disorder) were "f-ing weird." While I highly respect her knowledge and straight approach, this is not the kind of therapy an overly sensitive person such as myself needs. I do thank her for helping me understand depression and I encourage others to try her services, but be careful if you are the type with easily hurt feelings.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2016

I have seen Georgia for a few years. She is knowledgeable, cares about her patients, has flexible work hours and very reliable.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015

I was referred to Dr Nemetz by a friend who was having marital issues and was a HUGE part of their getting things back on track. She is a straight shooter, brings a wealth of experience and is very human. Seeing her when I moved to Vancouver and left my old life behind was the most important decision I made to help me move forward and deal with all of the change. When my father died, she was there and and offered some great insights into dealing with death and family as well. Go see her.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2015

Met with Georgia a few months ago. Nothing formal. Just a check in. Very impressed. She is easy to talk to and creates a safe place to share your thoughts. I would recommend.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2015

Georgia is amazing, easy to talk to, really awesome person. We had a therapist before that did absolutely nothing for us, and she is helping a lot. I can't wait for my visits with her.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2014