Ratings for Dr. S Small

Highly professional dealt with my grief in a caring manner.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2017

He works at a very busy walk in clinic. He treated me as quickly as he possibly could and treated all my problems.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

Dr Small is very thorough. I felt my concerns were listened to and dealt with. Every patient that came in the clinic was asking if Dr Small was working. To me that was telling as everyone wanted to see him. I'm have been to see him several times and am extremely thankful for the care he has given to me . He even wanted to make sure I was seeing family doctor for my regular checkups. Dr Chen who works with him is also polite and professional.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

I feel very upset and disappointed after visiting Dr. S.Small. He invited me (through his receptionist) to come and see him to discuss my x-ray results (I was referred to do x-ray by another doctor). When I came his first question was - why did you come to see me? This did not feel either polite or respectful. I have terrible and worsening pain in my heel, and he kept saying that this is just a nuisance, not a problem and cannot be healed. He did not tell me to go and see such and such specialist, did not explain possible treatments. When I asked what is the reason for my spur, he said it is just old age. Internet gave me a lot more information on how these problems happen and what are different treatments for them. He asked me who is my family physician, which I felt was not relevant or appropriate. Overall I felt disrespected, offended and mistreated. I think this doctor needs more training on how to deal with patients.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

Very dismissive, and condescending. Made me feel like he didn't have time for me, and even told me I should have come to see a different doctor. Gave me the brush off and left me feeling defeated, and like I didn't receive the help I needed.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2015

I went to Dr. Small with a minor earache. He proceeded to flush my ear without telling me what was happening, giving me intense pain, dizziness and nausea, and then I couldn't hear after this which he claimed was normal. After seeing my gp and being immediately referred to an ear, nose and throat specialist, the ENT determined that the spraying Small did had caused my eardrum to be perforated, he had to apply a patch to the hole in my eardrum, and he said the spray must have been applied at the wrong temperature. Absolutely horrible experience!

flag | Submitted November 2, 2014

Dr Small is a young Dr in a busy walk in clinic. Due to the nature of walk ins he is fast and seems rushed at times. Still, he is very thorough and knowledgeable. If you have questions about a particular topic or test he will take the time to explain it to you in detail. Overall a good doctor. With more time and patience he could become a very successful and respected family practicioner.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2012