Ratings for Dr. Jeff Matheson

Im curious about one of the earlier comments about the staff explaining what the injections were for... Are staff allowed to answer questions about treatments? Or do the doctors have to answer that?

flag | Submitted June 16, 2016

These "Tens" machines are not the $20 Tens machines that you can buy in stores. Perhaps if you had asked more questions or listened when he explained how they are used and could help you, you would understand what they are and how they might help you. Not knowing you're diagnosis I can't comment, but it helped me lower the narcotic medication I had needed for 8 years in half. Also Botox treatments are extremely helpful for many things. It can reduce the frequency of chronic migraines and block certain chemical signals from nerves helping many conditions, neck and back issues can be helped as it helps with muscle contractions which can be the main cause or secondary reaction of injury causing pain.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2015

Mixed feelings. Met with him and seemed knowledgable but very much focused on the pain management versus the cause of my problem. All went well until he went on about the omega supplement he was encouraging all his patients to buy. Whether its helpful or not, I was there to discuss my medical issues which were not directly related to the supplement. Caused me to be slightly skeptical. Called the clinic to ask what was in the nerve block as well and the receptionist did not know exactly. Not sure how a patient is to make an informed decision without this information.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2015

BEWARE ! Uses OHIP doctor referrals to try and upsell you to buy $600 TENS machines and Botox treatments ($800 -1200) ! Won't answer follow up questions regarding what was in the injections he gave ! Ignored questions regarding the $600 cost of machine that are $20 online ! Not happy - felt like I'd been sent to a quack, my GP thought proper doctor as OHIP covers some of the costs !

flag | Submitted June 6, 2014

dr. matheson is very caring and understanding ,on a subject that many doctors are indifferent on(pain)..VERY..knowledgable takes time to explain and draw diagrams to help the patient understand.also open to alternative treatments ie.nutritional medicine functional medicine ive been seeing him for years and my life has changed for the better....he is no longer in markham but is now in his own clinic in whitby

flag | Submitted March 30, 2013

After my car accident I was at a loss for a doctor and at the time had no idea what a pain doctor did. Through controlling the pain with medication and alternatives such as botox injections in my lower back I have been able to resume quality of life. I will never be able to express the help he has given me.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2012