Ratings for Dr. Robert L. Caulkins

My son has anxiety about Doctors offices but Dr. Caulkins does a good job making my son feel relaxed, and relates to him really well. He was quick to pick up on my son's breathing issues and detected the pneumonia that had started in his lung. Wait times sometimes can sometimes be lengthy, but to have my son feel comfortable with the person taking care of him and make him laugh, it's worth it.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2017

Very intelligent, professional, and always treats his patients with the upmost respect. We are very fortunate to have a doctor of his talent and knowledge working here in the Kitsap area.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2014

Dr Caulkins has many patients. However, we he comes into the exam room I feel his time is completely mine. He never condescends when explaining but makes every attempt to speak in terms a layman understand. I have experienced several medical conditions for many years now - some extremely serious. Dr Caulkins has always given me superbly accurate care. He is a strong diagnostician with a professional and yet friendly demeanor. When you are feeling unwell a couple of hearty and sincere belly laughs, which you can depend upon, will go a long way as a wonderful companion to his compassion and concern. I have been a patients for several years and feel totally satisfied with Dr and his entire practice, which seem to be constantly striving to serve my health needs.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2013

I could tell he didn't like me from the get go. I was pleasant and polite, but he treated me like he just wanted to get me out of there.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2012

Doctor Caulkins is a good Doctor, however has many patients and wait times can be lengthy. This is especially true when calling for a same day appointment. REcently he has mis-diagnosed my child due to what I feel was him rushing through the appointment. I sort of feel like a number going here. we are switching practices.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2011

I have been with Dr. Caulkins' office for over 20 years now, and I have yet to find a doctor who listens as well as he does, or is as compassionate towards his patients, as he and his staff are. His nursing staff, PA, and ARNP are top notch. The front office staff are very friendly. My boyfriend is now a patient of theirs, too. He thinks the world of the staff, and is very happy with the care and treatment he gets. I have several friends who are also patients there, and they all have nothing but wonderful things to say about the entire staff. I have called and gotten in the same day. If there's an urgent matter, I never have a problem getting in. I don't know what I'm going to do when he retires, because I have never had a doctor who listens to what I say, until I became a patient of his. Most male physicians don't LISTEN to their women patients...Dr. Caulkins does!

flag | Submitted September 30, 2010

I just tried to get the office staff to return one phone call and follow through with a request. I started one week ago and still have not received the information I requested

flag | Submitted September 16, 2010

I went to him because I was sick and didnt have a family doctor, then went back later on for a physical because i felt that he didnt take any time with me when I was sick to really hear what was going on. He was ok, compared to some of the other docs I have seen he isnt the worst. This office does seem to want you to come back all the time even if you were just in. Plus, I have past medical issues and felt he was kind of insensitive because he hasnt went through it I am assuming he just doesnt understand. Other than that, he was a ok doctor.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2010

Easy to get in, but wants to see you too often. I got that drive-by feeling, less than 5 minutes spent. Also is very stingy with any meds, filling only 1 month at a time, then after 3 months he wants you to come back in the office, even if you are fine. And I'm not talking about drugs like narcotics, all drugs. Doctor visits on a more frequent basis than yearly or when the patient needs it pushes the cost of medical service up, and only benefits the doctor. Nice doctor and back office staff. Horrible front office staff.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

able to get in on fairly short notice. very understanding, and seemed eager to help. did not seem to talk down, just a normal guy that is a very knowledgeable Doc

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

Dr. Robert L. Caulkins's Credentials

• Ohio State University College Of Homeopathic Medicine (Grad. 1985)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Bremerton, WA