Ratings for Dr. Manijeh Ghafourian

Manijeh gave me the birth I have always wanted and she was a great support. I would recommend her as she is competent and knowledgable.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2017

I had Manijeh for both my births and I think she is a great midwife! She is very knowledgeable and caring. She was always available to talk to answer any questions or uncertainties I had. I loved that she came to our house after the kids were born and she gave me a time range so I knew when she was coming. She has her own office now and sometimes runs late by a few minutes but what dr doesn't keep you waiting!! She tries to stay on time but sometimes patients need some extra attention and I completely understand. I have recommended friends to her and everyone has loved her too!

flag | Submitted January 22, 2017

We have used Manijeh for both our pregnancies and have loved her! She is very knowledgable and knows how to get the job done! Thank you Manijeh

flag | Submitted January 22, 2017

I'd give zero stars if I could, terrible midwife, dangerous and careless

flag | Submitted January 22, 2017

You will not get the kind of care you expect from a midwife from Manijeh. Grace is amazing but I only got to meet her a few times before she went on leave. Manijeh is the only MW at New Horizons Midwifery now and I wish I had trusted my initial instinct to switch care providers. Manijeh takes on way too many clients. Appointments are always late and are 30 minutes max. I had some appointments last only 15 minutes. I agree with the other reviewers that she brushes off your questions like they are nothing and doesn't bother to really explain anything. We never talked about my birth plan or much of how I was doing. Appointments consisted of her looking over my file for the first five minutes, taking my weight, Doppler, requisition for tests, occasionally remembering somethings she forgot for another patient and making notes for herself, and then booking my next appointment. No discussions about birth plan or what to do to prepare. And yes, she does talk about other patients to you which is awkward. After my daughter was born she pretty much stuck her on my boob and left without saying goodbye, she didn't work on latching with us. I had gestational diabetes and she wanted to discharge us after 8 hours even though my daughter's blood sugars were too low to be safe. We ended up staying in the hospital for a day and a half after I told her I didn't want to go home until my daughter was ok. Manijeh came to visit us at home two days later. She didn't give me a time, she just showed up at random with her own daughter because they were coming back from the ice rink. Manijeh couldn't even remember if I had a girl or boy or how much she weighed. She left after 15 minutes and said she'd be back the next day. Again she showed up at her convenience. I haven't seen or heard from Manijeh since my daughter was 4 days old. Please choose another healthcare provider for your pregnancy.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2016

Find another midwife and safe yourself the stress of dealing with this woman.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2016

I would choose another mid wife. Really. I gave birth to my daughter with Manijeh, like another person had mentioned, 30 minute appointments, quick to get you out the door and always brushed off your questions or made you feel silly for asking them. She was in and out during our delivery and when I ended up I emergency section and then emergency surgery she was no where to be found during the surgery. My husband ended up leaving the operating room stunned and all my family held my LO before me. After she only came to my house once and then asked me to come to her bc she was busy.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2014

Manijeh and Grace are truly amazing women. They're knowledgable, kind, and extremely committed to making mums feel safe during pregnancy, labour, and postpartum. I would recommend them to anyone who wanted the absolute best care possible during pregnancy. Love these women!

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

Absolutely Phenomenal, both Manijeh and her partner Grace. Manijeh was with us from Midnight until 5pm the next day when we had a C-section and was on call for us anytime we needed. An exceptionally caring person and very very knowledgeable. She does come across as rushed at times, but that is because she has so many patients, she probably takes on too much but only because she doesn't want to turn anybody away, she took us on in our 7th month. Also, you want someone who knows all of the doctors and nurses at the hospital, and Manijeh is on a first name basis with many of them.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2014

Manijeh was amazing! I had some problems in the beginning and before she confirmed that she would be there to help me she was giving me advice. Through out all of my pregnancy she was there to help me and give me advice. She was there to support and help me through my labor. I do not think I could have had my baby without her! Even when I had questions in the middle of the night she was available to answer them! Manijeh is really friendly and knows what she is doing. She really enjoys being a midwife! I would recommend her to anyone! I cannot wait to get pregnant again and have her assist me!

flag | Submitted May 29, 2014