Ratings for Dr. Mark A. Zager

When I walked into the examining room, the nurse or tech gave me a big, stapled sheaf of papers about nutrition. Although I have no problem with receiving information, there was a huge assumption at work here. Why not speak with the patient first and find out what kind of diet he currently follows? That set the tone for my visit; from beginning to end, Dr. Zager asked me almost no questions—really, maybe two or three. He talked incessantly about himself and how great he was. Almost immediately upon entering the room, he reached for the computer, typed in something about “#1 doctor,” and pulled up a site with suspiciously gushing reviews proclaiming him the greatest doctor in Miami. He came in with a cup of tea and never touched it, and was in and out of the room like a hyperactive first-grader. One of the many times he stepped out to another room, I could hear him telling one of his staff to “Get me up on Google,” presumably for another patient. When he learned that I had a family member who had died of cancer, Dr. Zager said, “He must have eaten a lot of white bread, flour, etc.” When I said that this had not been the case, he looked me right in the eye with a little smirk and said, “You don’t know what he ate.” I have spent a lot of time in medical settings and have never heard such a presumptuous, needlessly insulting, pointlessly hurtful comment from a doctor. At one point, Dr. Zager was with a patient in another room, and since both doors were open, I got a good look at the patient. When the doctor came back in, he started volunteering information about the patient’s problems. Perhaps I should have explained to Dr. Zager that he was supposed to keep his patients’ health and personal information private, but with four decades of experience he should know that. I found this doctor thoroughly unprofessional and useless. I will not be going back to him.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2017

Brillant Physician. Kind, caring and really listens to your concerns. Best GP in Miami

flag | Submitted June 16, 2017

He's right on when you have a problem and you don't know what's wrong with you

flag | Submitted September 8, 2016

Dr. Zager is an excellent, brilliant, caring, and patient Doctor that really cares about his patients. Great listener answering any of my questions, and more knowledge experience than any other Doctor I went to in the pass. The only Doctor that I will recommend to anyone is the very BEST "DR. ZAGER" and Thank God I found him.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

Dr. Zager an excellent doctor and human being, he realy tahes care of you with the most human and copasionate way, he will take away pain on your first visit, yes he does I can atest to that many times. he is a USA TOP Doctor. You do not wait long to go in for your appointment they fast to see and treat you like a human being. His team are very friendly especially Patrice his secretary she extremely helpful, I will never leave this doctor.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2015

Best MD I know! Mark is always right on point with his diagnosis and treatment.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2015

I am usually nervous when I visit medical offices. Dr Zager is always able to relax me. I trust him more than any other doctor. He puts the patient first. He answers all of my questions. I am very fortunate to have him as my doctor. I will never change.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014

Dr. Zager is not only an excellent diagnostician, but his bedside manner truly sets him apart from other physicians. He takes the time to speak with patients about their personal lives, updating them on big things going on in his, as well, while tending to their medical needs. He never rushes a patient and always makes them feel like their time is valuable and deserving of his full attention. It is a privilege to not only call Dr. Zager my physician, but also my mentor and friend.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2013

A great doctor with great bed side manner. Has my health as good as it can be with accurate diagnosis. A top notch doctor with a helpful staff. Its hard to find a great doctor in Miami, this is one of the few. Thank you again, Captain Phil Bradley.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr Zager for several years. Oct 10, 2013 I went to Dr Zagers office for the second part of a physical mandated by Humana Gold. Dr Zager asked me if I had any problems. I mentioned to him I was feeling tired. This sparked him to reviewing my latest EKG, ordering his nursing staff to do another one on the spot. He then checked my blood pressure (which was very high)and then my heart rate(32 beats per minute. He turns to me and states:u need a pacemaker!!!!From his office I was taken to the ER at Baptist Hospital. Need I say more. Dr Mark Zager saved my life. What a great doctor and I am very grateful.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2013

Dr. Mark A. Zager's Credentials

• Jefferson Med Coll-Thos Jefferson Univ, Philadelphia Pa 19107 (Grad. 1975)

HealthPartners