Ratings for Dr. Spero Negas

Very thorough and willing to explain things clearly. Took extra time with me and made sure I understood everything.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2017

I NEVER GOT TO SEE HIM got there for a 1pm appt as was told he was not even there yet and was told to go have coffee/lunch at the cafe next door ans i will be called when her arrives. i waited 20 mins no update from the front desk i said i was leaving as i did not plan to spend an afternoon there. if i am paying for private i expect better service you or your staff obviously dont care

flag | Submitted March 24, 2017

One of the most unprofessional experiences I have ever encountered. Unfortunately I cannot say one thing positive.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2017

Horrible staff on the front desk! Very rude . Talks down to people. Thinks they are of a higher class and treats patients like dirt .

flag | Submitted October 5, 2016

My husband was referred from another specialist to Dr Negas for a serious illness. Several tests, 7 in fact including scans and blood tests were forwarded prior to the appointment but Dr Negas hadn't read the 7 emails detailing the test results. He then proceeded to tell my husband that he couldnt possibly have what had already been diagnosed and was vague and disinterested throughout the appointments. Any questions were met with rather hostile arrogance and we left feeling very confused. Whilst we dont expect a 'sugar coated' appointment we would expect a certain amount of respect for the concerns of the serious condition especially since the referring specialist told us in exact words to 'leave here and go straight to your solicitors and make your Wills'. This was a most stressful time. The surgery was done with only a 50/50 chance of survival yet not a word from this doctor throughout the stay in Intensive Care. My husband was in hospital for only 4 days when he was released from Intensive Care with a rash on his back and only to be rushed back into emergency a few days later. He had a massive infection which was antibiotic resistant. 12 different medications were tried and administered in the hospital. Couldnt get hold of Dr Negas so under a different specialist took over when Negas apparently went on holidays. The 13th drug worked thankfully as I was told to 'expect the worse' if they couldnt find a drug to treat the infection. Tried to call Negas's rooms to no avail. Then as there were no compression socks given at Pindara Hospital on the re-admission into hospital my husband got two Deep Vein Thrombosis - one very large and one smaller int he same leg. Then a few months after this whole debacle my husband was diagnosed with Parkinsons Disease. Never will we return to Dr Negas nor to Pindara Hospital...which is a whole other story.

Submitted September 5, 2016

Very happy with Dr Negas. He was knowledgeable and explained all my options for treatment.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

Dr Negus is excellent. Blunt and to the point which I prefer. But accurate and very knowledgeable. He saved my life years ago when i was rushed to hospital in an Addisonian Crisis. Thats good enough for me. I give him ☆☆☆☆☆

flag | Submitted February 18, 2016

I have been waiting to see this specialist for 3 months now with nothing but excuses and lack of professionalism from his staff, I have done everything asked of me to get this appointment but still no luck. I wish they would be more astute and give me clear direction of time frame as its my health that's suffering in the meantime. I'm very disappointed in the lack of care and urgency given towards someone that clearly has a health issue that is extremely important to then. If I treated people like this in my profession I would be out of a job.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2015

I have been his patient for over 10 yrs & I can honestly say that he saved my life. He is brutally honest & has a real passion for his expertise. He has always shown me respect & empowered me with knowledge. He is not there to sugar coat your illness.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2015

I had the worst experience with this doctor and would never recommend anyone go to him. I saw him a few years ago for Hashimoto's disease related issues. He kept me waiting an hour and a half after my scheduled appointment time although he had no patients in his room (I think he decided to have lunch as his last patient left he came out into the waiting room looked at me and went back into his office where he stayed for an hour- he was already running 30 mins late which would of been fine). Once he finally saw me he insulted my dress and my religion and wouldn't let the issue of my dress and religion go. Finally he told me my GP had given me the correct dose of thyroxine and told me to come back in a few months- what a waste of $270!!!! He is very near the top of my list for the worst doctor Ive ever seen in my life. A complete waste of time and money. He was very racist. Don't go to him.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2015