Ratings for Dr. Julius Losonci

After reading good reviews, I tried out Dr. Losonci. Worst decision of my life. I had a bad experience with another dentist about two or three years previous, so I hadn't been to one since. When I called to book my appointment, I made sure that his receptionist was very clear that I was VERY scared of dentists, but that tooth pain was driving me back. Over the phone she seemed ok, and told me he was great with people who were scared. Not true!!! On the morning of my appointment I arrived about 10 minutes early (I didn't want someone poking around in my mouth to be rushed!) I then sat in the waiting room for close to an HOUR PAST my appointment time, listening to the dentist drilling in the back!!! As I was already nervous, this pushed me into overdrive. I actually was sick to my stomach in their washroom twice during the wait due to the anxiety. Never once did the secretary tell me he would be an hour late, so I could step out if that was better for me. When I finally got in, the hygienist was super sweet, and understood my fear. She took x-rays, and spoke kindly to me. Then the dentist came in. I don't know if he was just in a hurry, or if this is his normal bedside manner, but he came in, sat down, showed me the x-rays, and said abruptly: "You need three root canals." I responded "ok, how much will that cost, and what's the procedure like?" (As someone who is scared of dentists, "root canal" is a pretty scary thing to hear!) He didn't tell me anything about the procedure, instead just said "it will be $1000 for each tooth". When I mentioned that the cost was more than I was planning on spending, he said "I can just pull them too. That's cheaper." I said I would have to think about it, and left his office in tears. It took another year before I went back to a dentist . The new dentist confirmed the three root canals needed, but walked me through everything in the procedure, and suggested IV sedation for the surgery. Total night and day. I think my biggest upset in all this was just that no one in the office (except the hygienist) seemed to care that I was absolutely terrified in the situation, and the wait and gruffness just made it so much worse. So all in all, he seems to know what he's doing, but not good if you're scared. Plus the $1000/tooth for just the root canal is steep considering my current dentist performed two root canals, plus filling smaller cavities, plus IV sedation (at about $200/hour for 4 hours) for only $2000.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2016

Very professional, pleasant, informative. Dr Losonci is up to date with his knowledge in dentistry, always knows what's the best solution for a problem ,putting his patients at ease . The office has a nice family wibe , clean and very tastefully decorated . Staff is very friendly and most helpful.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2016

Dr Losonci is very knowledgeable and caring. Very down to earth and gentle. He will fit you in for emergency situations. His staff is like a family....all great people.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2016

Fantastic dentist. Did my son's braces for less than most orthodontists and he wore them far less time than other orthos claimed he would. He is honest and straightforward and wouldnt let me spend my money on a procedure that didn't have a high probability of permanent success. Cares about his patient more than the bottom line.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016

Julius Losonci has been my dentist for over 10 years. Previous to this I would fire my dentist every couple of years. He is a gentle dentist and personable. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2014

Dr. Julius Losonci is a very nice man. He gets straight to the point and he is a very great dentist. Ive been with him for years.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2014