Ratings for Dr. Sean Comstock

Wow what an awesome doctor! Great to sit and chat with and very helpful and honest. Wish I saw him 10 yrs ago ! Now I know which action plan to pursue to seek help. He even helped me up! Only other time I have experienced that was when I was 7 months pregnant! Great experience

flag | Submitted January 22, 2018

I saw Comstock about a year ago. I still think about this appointment I waited one year for. I am a veteran, which he obviously has a distain for, as he proceeded to say a lot of us are users of the system. Went on to tell me that my condition that has been reviewed by numerous specialist's may be a virus!? I have a severe lower and upper back issue that required operations, and he saw nothing wrong. Then, said maybe I had a virus...or something. What a nut job! Then he insulted my wife, and that's when we walked out. He should be be up in front of a medical review board. He has the manners if a sloth and seems to have fun playing with peoples lives. Stay away unless you never have to see or talk with him. Total jerk!

flag | Submitted January 9, 2018

Worst experience of my life. This is by far the most conceited, poor mannered, judgmental, narcissistic doctor I have ever met. I should have written this review sooner but honestly I feel that I did and my review got erased. This man proceeded to tell me that there was no way a 30 year old could have that much trouble walking, without trauma or injury and that I must have been imagining my pain for emotional attention and probably to get time off of work. I hope that he reads this and remembers me! Here's my story. I am a healthy, hard working and a smart, young, professional women that works at the Moncton hospital. One day I was fine, the next I could barely walk. Tried doing physio, acupuncture but nothing worked. Used all of my sick time and vacation because I was walking like an 83 year old women. And then I meet him in Nov 2015 and that is what he told me. By that time I had tried to do 3 progressive work returns that failed and I was on EI disability leave. Not only did he tell me I was imagining my pain but my back pain was due to me gaining 7 POUNDS in the last 5 months and being inactive! I weigh 125 pounds and am 5 feet 6 inches. I am healthy and not overweight i the least bit. I told him that I was always active and going to the gym about 3 times a week previous to my injury. He said that wasn't enough and that 5 times would be the required amount in a derogatory manner. He was unhelpful, glanced at my MRI for 1 sec and walked out . Most egomaniacal, awful, unprofessional doctor/human being I have ever met. After I tried to go back to work in January 2016 and was unable to work full time still by April 2016, my supervisors asked that I get a note from my family doctor. She took me seriously and contacted Comstock at which point he looked at my MRI and said that I had a slight deformity that may account for my difficulty and may cause constant inflammation in my spine. This is from examining the same MRI scan that he previously looked at, and after he was such an awful doctor to me in Nov 2015. I got referred to a Rheumatologist and within a month and a half I was working full time again. I needed cortisol injections in my spine for a year and now I'm ok.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2018

Dr. Comstock operated on my back in Dec 2016 and I have to say that he has given me my life back! He was always on time. His Secretary was very helpful. He told me straight up what was wrong and what I needed to reduce my lower back pain as well as severe sciatic pain that I had been trying to manage for years. The surgery went well. He understood what was necessary in order to manage my pain post surgery. My lower back pain is, at this point, is a non-issue. My sciatic pain is about 80% improved (because I had such severe pain for so many years he had advised me that he likely would no be able to completely eliminate that, but I was wiling to do just about anything to get some relief!! Dr. Comstock has taken excellent care of me and I never once felt that he "rushed" me or that he didn't have my best interests at heart!! I highly recommend him both for his competencies as well as his attitude towards my after care and expectations! I am so grateful!

flag | Submitted January 30, 2017

Dr. Comstock ans his staff did what he told me he would do,,

flag | Submitted December 27, 2016

October 21st 2016 I had a difficult time to walk 200 feet to get the news paper in the mail box, then I got lucky with a successful spinal fusion operation. October 26 th, 27 th, 28 th I walked a 1/2 mile October 29 th and 30 th I walked a mile per day. A big thanks to Dr Sean Comstock and his team at the Moncton Hospital. Earl Gaudet Prince Edward Island.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2016

I broke my first bone ever over a year ago. I had been seeing a Dr LeBlond at first who was the completely opposite of Dr Comstock, but he was going to New Zealand and all of Dr LeBlond's patients were referred to Dr Comstock. Well my first meeting with him was garbage. He was reading my file as he walked in and asked me how it was feeling and I said "it's feeling a little weird" since they had just removed my cast a few minutes prior after 6 weeks of wearing it. He grabbed my foot like it was nothing so of course I winced, then he started moving it around and I said ouch a couple times. He said that it shouldn't still hurt after this much time and that i will need an air cast, to which he added the comment "They're 200 dollars and I'm not buying it for you". I'm not sure if that was supposed to be a joke or not but I wasn't impressed. He has the worst bed side manner I've ever seen, he's rude and if I can avoid him in the future I certainly will. I don't know what he's like as a surgeon but as a Dr who is supposed to be helping people like myself who might be a little nervous about their first bone break, this is not the guy to expect any sort of sensitivity from.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2016

Waited months to get to see him.,witch lasted 5 min. Refered me to Dr.Crompton for a nerve block in low back.L5-S1 Had 2 done at different times. Didn't help.Called Sean Comstock,s office and received "He can't help you from his secretary"Found outfrom a real Dr. that I have Piriformis Syndrome

flag | Submitted October 5, 2016

The worst experience I ever had! Waited 17 months, was prepped for surgery then he says you don't need it I cant help you!!! what kind of surgeon is that. the worst people skills I've seen in medical so far do not go to him!!

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

Very rude and unhelpful after waiting 2 years for an appointment. Visit lasted 5 to 7 minutes maximum, he does not check patient x rays or files it seems.... No idea what he is like as a surgeon but as a medical professional and human being he does not rate highly with me.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2016