Ratings for Dr. Sean Comstock

October 21st 2016 I had a difficult time to walk 200 feet to get the news paper in the mail box, then I got lucky with a successful spinal fusion operation. October 26 th, 27 th, 28 th I walked a 1/2 mile October 29 th and 30 th I walked a mile per day. A big thanks to Dr Sean Comstock and his team at the Moncton Hospital. Earl Gaudet Prince Edward Island.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2016

I broke my first bone ever over a year ago. I had been seeing a Dr LeBlond at first who was the completely opposite of Dr Comstock, but he was going to New Zealand and all of Dr LeBlond's patients were referred to Dr Comstock. Well my first meeting with him was garbage. He was reading my file as he walked in and asked me how it was feeling and I said "it's feeling a little weird" since they had just removed my cast a few minutes prior after 6 weeks of wearing it. He grabbed my foot like it was nothing so of course I winced, then he started moving it around and I said ouch a couple times. He said that it shouldn't still hurt after this much time and that i will need an air cast, to which he added the comment "They're 200 dollars and I'm not buying it for you". I'm not sure if that was supposed to be a joke or not but I wasn't impressed. He has the worst bed side manner I've ever seen, he's rude and if I can avoid him in the future I certainly will. I don't know what he's like as a surgeon but as a Dr who is supposed to be helping people like myself who might be a little nervous about their first bone break, this is not the guy to expect any sort of sensitivity from.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2016

Waited months to get to see him.,witch lasted 5 min. Refered me to Dr.Crompton for a nerve block in low back.L5-S1 Had 2 done at different times. Didn't help.Called Sean Comstock,s office and received "He can't help you from his secretary"Found outfrom a real Dr. that I have Piriformis Syndrome

flag | Submitted October 5, 2016

The worst experience I ever had! Waited 17 months, was prepped for surgery then he says you don't need it I cant help you!!! what kind of surgeon is that. the worst people skills I've seen in medical so far do not go to him!!

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

Very rude and unhelpful after waiting 2 years for an appointment. Visit lasted 5 to 7 minutes maximum, he does not check patient x rays or files it seems.... No idea what he is like as a surgeon but as a medical professional and human being he does not rate highly with me.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2016

Dr Comstock is great. There was a long wait time, a few cancelled apointments, and some admin snags; but it was all worth it. I had a l5-s1 fusion 4 weeks ago and my recovery has been better than I thought possible. He has warned me to be patient, that the fusion needs time, and even though I feel pretty good I must let it heal fully. Overall all my experience with the nb health system was not great (but really, we all know that) ; but Dr Comstock and his staff are tops.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2015

Had to wait a long time to see this Dr. My visit lasted for max 10 mins. Saw me in exam room, he doesn't do files, he wants to know from me what is wrong. Fair game, I explained my symptoms, and he had me do some basic movements. He said he would have to do my operation over again, with more nuts and bolts, and because I smoke my chances of survival were low. I could face death. He recommended Lyrica to my Family Dr. Lyrica is a drug used for seizures,and an anti-anxiety drug. He never offered a plan of physio, aqua or cortisone shots. I would rather take a synthetic compound that is similar to what the human body produces. He was abrupt and had no bed side manner. I am already wearing the patch and now consider myself a non-smoker, and I know that smoking can slow the healing process. My family doctor has done more for me, and has explained my condition to me in a humane fashion. Not impressed. Plus fee to leave Island and parking,gas. I will stick with my Family Dr.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2014

flag | Submitted March 19, 2014

just like to know why do people have to wait one year and 1/2 just to see a doctor for a surgury ? i just don/t understand why , so my rating is not to good right now

flag | Submitted February 27, 2013

Dr Comstock is an awesome orthopedic surgeon. He did a cervical fusion on me in Oct 2011. I had a great deal of pain before and after surgery but one year later I am pain fee and feeling great. He is very knowledgeable,has a good bedside manor and compassionate. I am having another surgery with him Jan 2013. I would highly recommend him as an orthopedic spine surgeon.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2012