You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Fahad Alkherayf

On the 5th and 14th of October 2015, the MRI revealed that I had a vestibular schwannoma, which is a benign intracranial tumor, and later was diagnosed as a meningioma (WHO grade I). My file, was then transferred to Neurosience Clinic at Civic hospital to meet Dr. Alkherayf and Dr. Schramm. I met both doctors in November and December of 2015. They showed me the pictures of the MRI and explained in detail the consequence of this type of tumor. During my meeting with them, I prepared a long list of questions regarding my surgery, and they kindly answered all of my questions in a simpler manner and suggested that a surgery is necessary to remove this type of the tumor. I also learned that Dr. Alkherayf will conduct the surgery and Dr. Schramm will be there in case his expertise is required. On March 7th 2016, the surgery was conducted and was successful, especially the facial nerve area, according to Dr. Alkherayf, was preserved. After three days and a half, I was discharged from the hospital. Overall, I received excellent care by all doctors and nurses. Again, I would like to thank Dr. Alkherayf and Dr. Schramm for their excellent treatment before, during and after my surgery.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2016

I had my brain tumour removed by Dr. AlKherayf. He was kind, knowledgeable, informed, patient and so caring. He spent time to answer all of my questions. Excellent surgeon. Good man.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2016

My surgery to remove an acoustic neuroma was very successful. I am already in perfect shape in about 5 weeks. I was expected to recover more slowly. I have no side effects! Dr. Alkherayf and Dr. Schram performed a great surgery and their team and the hospital gave me the best care!

flag | Submitted November 23, 2015

Submitted October 28, 2015

flag | Submitted October 20, 2015

Dr Alkherayf did my neck surgery 6 months ago. He answered all my questions before and after the surgery and explained everything to me so I could understand easily. You can hardly see the scar. He is very kind and caring, always on time if not early and never makes you feel rushed, so glad I was referred to him.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2015

On July 21st, 2015 I had my pituitary macroadenoma removed. I am a type 2 diabetic and the surgery could have had a negative result from all of the possible complications. Dr.Alkherayf was the angel that saved my life. This was the first surgery that I thought I wasn’t going to come out of and I’ve had many before. Dr. Alkherayf really listened to all my questions and concerns; he gave peace of mind before I went into the O.R. After the surgery I could not thank him enough for saving my life; he was so humble and down to earth. If you or your loved ones need a neurosurgeon, Dr.Alkherayf is a very skilled and knowledgeable life saver.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2015

In October 0f 2014, I underwent a spinal fusion of five lower back vertebrae under the very skillful hands of Dr. Fahad Alkherayf. His knowledge, experience and surgical competences have given me an opportunity to enjoy my active life again. During the initial assessment, Dr Alkherayf demonstrated great patience and compassion. He listened attentively to my history of complex and serious health issues. After a comprehensive assessment, he recommended a spinal fusion. He meticulously explained both the process and the potential benefits and risks of the surgery. He was patient and forthcoming in answering my questions and concerns. He was always available and responsive to me from surgery through recovery. Ottawa is extremely fortunate to have this amazing neurosurgeon who has empathy for his patients and is so very competent in such complicated and serious surgeries.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2015

He performed a spinal fusion on my L4-S1. Over the past 7 years, I have suffered from severe sciatica in my right leg. In addition, it was beginning to cause atrophy in my muscles in my right leg. Finding Dr. Alkherayf was a true blessing. It has only been 7 weeks since he has performed the fusion, and I can honestly say that the sciatica is completely gone. There is absolutely ZERO leg pain. The recovery process is long, and my spine will take many months to fuse, but my recovery is going extremely well. I am walking better than I ever have . Aside from the surgery, He has an amazing staff. They will go above and beyond to answer any questions that you have. Do not second guess yourself in choosing this doctor. He has given me a new life, one wihout pain.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2015

Two months ago I had my brain tumour removed through my nose by Dr.Alkheryf and Dr.kilty. I had no scars which was my biggest concern. I was able to go back to work in one month. I am really glad that Dr. Alkherayf did my surgery . He is very talented and skilled. I did not have any pain after my surgery. I extremely recommend him if you ever need a brain surgery.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

Dr. Fahad Alkherayf's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "On the 5th and 14th of October 2015, the MRI revealed that I had a vestibular schwannoma, which is a benign intracranial tumor, and later was diagnosed as a men..."

April 13, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had my brain tumour removed by Dr. AlKherayf. He was kind, knowledgeable, informed, patient and so caring. He spent time to answer all of my questions. Excell..."

January 2, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My surgery to remove an acoustic neuroma was very successful. I am already in perfect shape in about 5 weeks. I was expected to recover more slowly. I have no s..."

November 23, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "I was misdiagnosed twice from this doctor, now I have no choice but to get a very risky operation. He put my life at risk. I find he is arrogant and rude. "

October 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My surgery was very successful. Thank you Dr. Alkherayf for your great service and your very professional staff!"

October 20, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Alkherayf did my neck surgery 6 months ago. He answered all my questions before and after the surgery and explained everything to me so I could understand e..."

September 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "On July 21st, 2015 I had my pituitary macroadenoma removed. I am a type 2 diabetic and the surgery could have had a negative result from all of the possible com..."

August 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "In October 0f 2014, I underwent a spinal fusion of five lower back vertebrae under the very skillful hands of Dr. Fahad Alkherayf. His knowledge, experience an..."

July 19, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He performed a spinal fusion on my L4-S1. Over the past 7 years, I have suffered from severe sciatica in my right leg. In addition, it was beginning to cause at..."

July 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Two months ago I had my brain tumour removed through my nose by Dr.Alkheryf and Dr.kilty. I had no scars which was my biggest concern. I was able to go back to..."

July 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "On March 2nd I underwent brain surgery for the removal of a meninginoma. I am so thankful that Dr. Alkherayf was my neurosurgeon. Not only is he a brilliant an..."

April 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He is a fantastic surgeon. I can barely see my scar, which was a big concern for me. Recovery time was much quicker than I thought, I was able to go back to wor..."

March 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Amazing surgeon with brilliant bedside manner. He keeps me informed, gives me options and explains what choices we do/don't have."

January 18, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "This doctor has the softest and kindest approach to patients. He is a great listener and never interferes until you are finished talking. He explains everything..."

January 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was sent to see this dr over six months ago. At that time I was emotional, and thought he just didn't want to help me. He would not perform surgery on my spin..."

January 2, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "A true expert with a very calm , clear and confident demeanor who takes the time answer questions. We will be eternally grateful for this second chance on life."

December 14, 2014
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "I meet him for first time, he is soft and calm. I was awkward first but when we discuss and share the information. he is amazing and explain about my condition..."

November 22, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Alkherayf is an angel as far as I'm concerned. My dad is able to see again, after Dr Alkhrayf removed his pituitary tumour. I am so grateful to him. He als..."

October 18, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I liked how he communicated with me and my family about the injury in a simple clear but assuring way!"

October 13, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "He is the most stupid and unrespect full neurosurgeon talk to me in sarcastic way , he is not Canadian graduate , even his English is horrible, he has no knowe..."

October 6, 2014