Dr. Fahad Alkherayf

5 1 4.7

You may also like

Rate Dr. Fahad Alkherayf

Dr. Fahad Alkherayf's Ratings

In October 0f 2014, I underwent a spinal fusion of five lower back vertebrae under the very skillful hands of Dr. Fahad Alkherayf. His knowledge, experience and surgical competences have given me an opportunity to enjoy my active life again. During the initial assessment, Dr Alkherayf demonstrated great patience and compassion. He listened attentively to my history of complex and serious health issues. After a comprehensive assessment, he recommended a spinal fusion. He meticulously explained both the process and the potential benefits and risks of the surgery. He was patient and forthcoming in answering my questions and concerns. He was always available and responsive to me from surgery through recovery. Ottawa is extremely fortunate to have this amazing neurosurgeon who has empathy for his patients and is so very competent in such complicated and serious surgeries.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2870385].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 19, 2015

He performed a spinal fusion on my L4-S1. Over the past 7 years, I have suffered from severe sciatica in my right leg. In addition, it was beginning to cause atrophy in my muscles in my right leg. Finding Dr. Alkherayf was a true blessing. It has only been 7 weeks since he has performed the fusion, and I can honestly say that the sciatica is completely gone. There is absolutely ZERO leg pain. The recovery process is long, and my spine will take many months to fuse, but my recovery is going extremely well. I am walking better than I ever have . Aside from the surgery, He has an amazing staff. They will go above and beyond to answer any questions that you have. Do not second guess yourself in choosing this doctor. He has given me a new life, one wihout pain.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2868689].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 17, 2015

Two months ago I had my brain tumour removed through my nose by Dr.Alkheryf and Dr.kilty. I had no scars which was my biggest concern.
I was able to go back to work in one month. I am really glad that Dr.
Alkherayf did my surgery . He is very talented and skilled. I did not have any pain after my surgery. I extremely recommend him if you ever need a brain surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2861668].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 10, 2015

On March 2nd I underwent brain surgery for the removal of a meninginoma. I am so thankful that Dr. Alkherayf was my neurosurgeon. Not only is he a brilliant and skilled surgeon, but he is incredibly patient and kind. From pre-op to post-op he took the time to explain the procedure and what to expect afterward. While in the hospital for 7 days, he visited each day, checking on my recovery and answering any questions I had. Many people have preconceived ideas of neurosurgeons as unapproachable and arrogant. NOT this guy! He could not have been kinder or more down to earth! I think it's important to note, too, that several nurses commented on how lucky I was to have Dr. Alkherayf as my surgeon, saying I was in "very gentle hands" and that he's hands-down the best surgeon for the job. I think their comments speak volumes about him. I hope you will never need a neurosurgeon, but if you do- beg for a referral to Dr. Alkherayf! We are so blessed to have him in Ottawa!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2778739].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 16, 2015

He is a fantastic surgeon. I can barely see my scar, which was a big concern for me. Recovery time was much quicker than I thought, I was able to go back to work in 3 weeks

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2761159].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 30, 2015

Amazing surgeon with brilliant bedside manner. He keeps me informed, gives me options and explains what choices we do/don't have.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2687999].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 18, 2015

This doctor has the softest and kindest approach to patients. He is a great listener and never interferes until you are finished talking. He explains everything to you and will spend as much time discussion options as needed. I would highly recommend him. He smiles a lot too.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2685668].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 16, 2015

I was sent to see this dr over six months ago. At that time I was emotional, and thought he just didn't want to help me. He would not perform surgery on my spine at the time. I now realize after seeing a few other surgeons, that he is by far the best. He was so caring compared to every other surgeon I've seen wish I would have took his advise from the beginning

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2668903].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 2, 2015

A true expert with a very calm , clear and confident demeanor who takes the time answer questions. We will be eternally grateful for this second chance on life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2653222].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 15, 2014

I meet him for first time, he is soft and calm. I was awkward first but when we discuss and share the information. he is amazing and explain about my condition (Klippel-Feil Syndrome) and I know I had KFS since birth but it is first time that he explain very clear what is KFS and now I understand well about my condition. I feel relieved and can understand more about my condition now.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2629434].votes_count ]]