Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Tim Hillson

This is a very busy office but the doctor provides excellent care. Staff are very pleasant as well. Why are there so few eye surgeons???

flag | Submitted February 18, 2017

Extraordinary experience today with Dr. Hillson! I was referred by our local ER and Dr. Hillson performed a very thorough examination, to find a retinal tear. Dr. Hillson was a virtual stranger to me, yet every time I mentioned his name in the hospital, the staff were quick to praise this man. We followed him to the OR and watched, as he greeted kitchen staff, maintenance men, etc. Surgery went well enough, but he realized his limitations and directed me to a retinal specialist. It's a shame we can only allot five stars to this professional.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2016

Found him to be abrupt and rude. Didn't listen to our concerns. Not impressed.

Submitted June 16, 2016

Dr. Tim Hillson's response
I am very sorry to hear about your negative experience at our practice. The practice is very busy, as by the numbers our region should have 14 eye surgeons, in practice we have only six, making our area underserviced for ophthalmology. Nonetheless, our goal is to provide every patient with exemplary care and the best outcomes. We welcome the opportunity to listen to your concerns to make things right for you. Please feel free to contact us at 705-325-6591.

Submitted July 7, 2016

more than excellent care at his office. staff well organized. seen quickly. dr hillson answers questions. everyone seems to run things smoothly.i wish all other doctors offices were so organized. staff very friendly.as above most exceptional serviceby bdr. hillson and staff.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2016

Dr. Tim Hillson's response
Thanks for the great review, I'm glad you are happy with our service!

Submitted July 7, 2016

I found Dr. Hillson to be extremely unprofessional. He was in a rush, did not explain the procedure before the procedure was performed. He introduced himself but never even looked at me. Asked many unnecessary questions that if he had read my file he would have been informed of this information previous to my appointment. Same with his staff members. There are too many patients needing his services , perhaps he is overworked and forgotten how to be nice along the way.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

Dr. Tim Hillson's response
I am very sorry to hear about your negative experience at our practice. The practice is very busy, as by the numbers our region should have 14 eye surgeons, but in practice we have only six, making our area underserviced for ophthalmology. Nonetheless, our goal is to provide every patient with exemplary care and the best outcomes. We welcome the opportunity to listen to your concerns to make things right for you. Please feel free to contact us at 705-325-6591.

Dr. Tim Hillson's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr Tim Hillson was born in Edmonton, Alberta and grew up in rural Alberta. After earning an undergraduate degree in psychology at the University of Alberta and an MA in clinical psychology at the University of Western Ontario, he completed his medical training at McMaster University in 1996. He went on to complete a residency in ophthalmology in Edmonton, Alberta in 2001. He has been very busy practicing general ophthalmology in Orillia, performing over 12,000 eye surgeries since July 2001. He has been an Assistant Clinical Professor in the Department of Surgery at McMaster University since 2005. He is the Past Chair of the Eye Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario. Dr Hillson is married to Eileen; they live in Orillia with their four children.

• English

• McMaster (Grad. 1996)
  • Western University (Grad. 1990)
  • University of Alberta (Grad. 1989)

• Cataract surgery