Ratings for Dr. Sandy Tecimer

Dr. Sandy (Tracy) Tecimer is a super good doctor . She cares about my health like no other physician before . I found her team extremely helpful. Djordje Todorovic

flag | Submitted January 1, 2018

Initially I thought she was just "quirky" when I met her at her old practice at Toronto West Medical. I followed her to her new office at Prince Edward and now really regret this decision and am trying to return to another physician I liked at Toronto West. Dr. Tecimer flip flops from one appointment to the next. You never know what kind of mood you will get. I have found her pushy and disrespectful at times, and this "one problem per appointment" rule drives me completely crazy especially when it is not easy to get in and see her. I had 2 urgent issues on 2 separate parts of my body and she really insisted that I make a separate appointment. I told her that I could not get another appointment for THREE WEEKS and was so frustrated I started to cry and just pack up my stuff to leave. She said "ok just make it quick because I only get paid for one issue each appointment". I was so upset by that comment that I just said forget it, I'll just go somewhere else and then suddenly she was trying to be nice as pie, convincing me she was concerned about me and to tell her what was wrong. It was a pretty serious infection on my foot that was not going away and I am Type 1 diabetic and live in fear of amputation but had already been there for a prescription renewal for insulin, so I "used up" my problem for the appointment. To me the fact that it was diabetes related should have made it okay to raise in the appointment that was about insulin and prescription renewals anyway. Finally, I showed her my foot ulcer and she was very dramatic and exclaimed that I needed antibiotics immediately. What would have happened if I had just said "ok never mind" and left? I could have very well ended up hospitalized with a very serious infection. I have been Type 1 diabetic since I was 5 years old, it is very serious and much different than Type 2 diabetes. Foot ulcers can quickly spread and cause sepsis which has happened to me before. She did not even apologize to me, just barked orders at me for soaking it and printed out more prescriptions for antibiotics. This experience has left me feeling not very confident in how she manages her practice. She has been my doctor for about 8 years though, and it is really hard to find a new doctor and transfer all your records, what a headache!

flag | Submitted November 22, 2017

Told I could only ask one question per visit. When I asked if I could ask something (for clarification on a point) she sharply told me only this one time, but never in the future if she took me on. She also made clear that I was to be on time or there would be problems, but she could not turn up with no notice if required elsewhere. This was in 2015, happily found another doctor.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2017

Dr Tecimer is amazing, the receptionist Jennifer is lovely. The other receptionist is rude, grumpy, and easily exasperated. If I hadn't already known how great this practice is, that receptionist would have turned me off for good.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017

I think Dr's and staff are always as good as the patients - if you can clearly communicate your symptoms and concerns she takes the time to listen and doesn't shut you down and jump to conclusions. I'm proactive, and advocate for my health, and she has always been respectful that I practice alternative medicine. She has surrounded me with a solid team of specialists when needed and has created an environment of care where I feel my health concerns are addressed promptly when needed. I would and have recommended her to others. Happy I've crossed paths with her as my GP. With regard to front desk staff - I have never had negative experiences

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

Front office staff are rude disrespectful and make every interaction unnecessarily complicated. Dr Tecimer is good however. She truly does care about her patients.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2017

Sandy is an amazing doctor, very caring and straight up doctor with great punctuality. Her one receptionist, the older lady is always rude and not helpful at all. This would be the ultimate doctors office if she wasn't the main front desk girl.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2017

Dr Sandy is professional and very caring. My husband and I both feel so lucky to have such a dedicated doctor. She takes the time to not only address the physical problems, but to make sure that you are coping with the stressful issues of health care, as well. And yet, she rarely keeps you waiting any amount of time, as she is so efficient. Her front desk support, Jennifer, is also very efficient and helps to keep things running smoothly. She always welcomes us and makes us feel so comfortable.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

Dr Tecimer is an excellent doctor. She's professional, thorough and easy to talk to. I've been her patient for several years now and always feel quite comfortable seeing her. The front desk assistant at Prince Edward Medical (her clinic), however, is terrible. Both my husband and I have had dealings that were unnecessarily rude and completely unprofessional. When you are already nervous visiting your doctor, then your first point of contact (the front desk assistant) treats you disrespectfully, it gets your blood boiling. No wonder our blood pressure is always elevated at the doctor's office. Dr Tecimer, please change your staff. You deserve better.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

Amazing Doctor, very aware of your time (never a long wait) and actually listens. Head and shoulders above most GPs.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017