Ratings for Dr. Anatoly Ross

HAD DR ROSS NOW MAYBE 5 YEARS HARD GET STRAIGHT ANSWER OUTA HIM ALWAYS IN BIG HURRY secretary WAY TO CONTROLLING FOR APPOINTMENTS IF SHE LIKES YOU YA GET ONE OTHER YOU WAIT FOR DAYS SOME TIMES A WEEK CALLED DR'S OFFICE GET ANSWERING MACHINE MESSAGE SAYS WILL RETURN YOUR CALL IN 2 WORKING DAYS YA NEVER HEAR BACK FROM HER B UT GO TO DR ROSS'S OFFICE HALF TIME NO ONE;S THERE BUT SCERTAY AND DR SO DECIDED LOOK FOR ANOTHER DR WITH BETTER MANNERS AND SCETARY THATS ANSWERING MESSAGES L FIVE DR ROSS 3 IF YOUR A PATIENT AND AT HIS OFFICE EVERY WEEK YA GOT NO PROBLEM BUT GO 3 TO 4 TIMES A YEAR GUESS NOT ENOUGH MONEY IN THOSE 3 OR 4 VISITS

flag | Submitted November 29, 2017

I find Dr Ross would rather talk about anything else than the health problem I am presenting with. He rarely examines me, just listens. It's as if he doesn't want to get his hands dirty! He refused to remove a growth because he doesn't get paid enough! The growth became badly infected and will be removed by a general surgeon... Lacking in compassion and knowledge in my opinion.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2017

So frustrated with calling Dr. Ross' office and never having my call answered, leaving a message and never receiving a call back.It has been 3 weeks since my call, and still no response. Dr. Ross has always helped with our health issues, and I think the biggest problem is his office help, which is extremely poor! Still waiting for a return call to my initial call.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2016

Not a very good doctor at all he is very self centered and does not car about his patients currently in the process of getting a new doc as I have been his patient for 3 years now and he has been of no help always in a rush and doesn't care about how his patients feel.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016

I was in a difficult situation and needed to see him for a prescription refill despite my misgivings. He was rude, obviously chose not to listen to me, and continually lectured me in a very condescending manner for the majority of the appointment. I asked him for an alternative treatment, and was lectured again on how "inappropriate" my current meds were, saying that my neurologist should not have prescribed them. Even though he had my current medication bottle in his hand with the pharmacy phone number provided he absolutely refused to call the pharmacy for my medication history. He then wrote out a prescription (that turned out to be invalid) and saying he was doing me s favour by filling it at all. This man has no business interacting with the public.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2016

Staff is too nice! Spends too much time chatting with patients instead of doing her job! Can almost never get through on the phone and have to leave several messages and never get return phone calls. Can never get appointments when sick or require medical treatment. Always told to go to ER. I shouldn't have to go to ER when I have a family physician in the same building as the hospital. I find Dr. Ross to be judgemental and rude most of the time and ridicules and insults his patients. Because of the way he intimidates me, I know longer feel comfortable going to him for any issues I have and for that reason I am trying to find another doctor.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2014

Excellent doctor. Knowledgeable, punctual and intelligent. Secretary is a sweetheart. I have no trouble discussing things with Dr. Ross, and he listens well and is good about suggesting alternate solutions/meds if one thing isn't working. I work hard to look after my health and am glad to have a doctor who appreciates that, and is my partner in wellness. He knows I do yoga, so when I had a back problem, he was happy to get down on the floor and demonstrate a few yoga poses that strengthen your back. And I'm amazed by his punctuality. Such a rarity in a doctor! I've lived in four provinces and had doctors all over this country, and Dr. Ross is at the top of my list. He gladly took on my mother-in-law as a patient and she adores him. I'm finding it a bit ridiculous that someone would complain about Dr. Ross being TOO punctual, and his staff being TOO polite! And given the skyrocketing obesity rates in this country, I don't blame him for telling people to lose weight.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2013

Dr Ross is the Best I have had in ON. arrived in 1986 have had 4.. for the following reasons,, 1 retired, 1 moved for marriage, I changed location.. all were good...Dr Ross saved my life he's the best.. found a critical condition requiring Surgery the Specialist who was part of a team & not the referred named,, Didn't let me go home I was on the table in 4 days after tests...All this from Annual Checkup and evaluation. (( I had no symptoms, Pain or a clue that I had an Aneurysm "Nada_Nothing") Doc Ross and his Secretary setup my test locally and once confirmed had me on my way to the Specialist, and recovering.. In moments. the Specialist said I was a walking "dead man" when I asked how serious my condition was... Dr Ross is The Man for me...

flag | Submitted October 15, 2013

This is the first time in many years that I have found a extremely knowledgeable Doctor and a very helpful secretary. They seem to go out of their way to explain things and answer any question that you may have. Finally we have a highly qualified doctor at Glengarry.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2013

Staff never returns phone calls, left several messages and never heard back form his office. On the office door the hours were noted as open at 9 am but at 9:30 still the door was locked. Dr.Ross always seems to be in a rush but yet he is always leaving the room to pick up things that he did not bring with him. Dr.Ross has a infatuation with weight, he also seems to prescribe medications that don't seem to be popular with the drug store on a couple of occasions I have been advised that this particular medication is not carried and if I would like a replacement or wait for it to come in.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2013